I want to add Corrin in the game. I have the model, so I need to know how to insert it, as well edit the moveset and such. I'm not really requesting it to be made this time, so I'm actually asking how to do it myself. Any tutorial of sorts around?
I figure it can't be too hard, let alone imposible. Project M basically creates close to whole new characters (or even if it's tweaks of already-existing ones). If that can be done, I don't see why not.
Yes; Check out either BlackJax's 3DS Max tutorial, or, if you're more comfortable with Blender but don't mind more work, check out my WIP Blender tutorial
Do I need to use those if the models are already there and made? I took it those programs were necessary to make them in the first place...
Well, define what you mean by "made"; do you mean already rigged? What file format are they?
As in, to make yourself. The model I downloaded is the 3DS version of the character.
Yeah, I'm new. :happy:
If you mean the 3DS version as in the 3DS Max version, i.e. already rigged, check out Blackjax's tutorial, but only for the exporting process; if you mean that the extension on the file is .3ds, then it's not rigged, and you should follow either tutorial fully
No, by "3DS" I mean the actual Nintendo 3DS game. The model I have is from the 3DS version of Smash 4...
Wait, so is it already exported from the game, or is it not? Because you can't do anything with it if it's not already exported
Yes, it's exported and I just downloaded it.
Ok, what's the file format?
It's a zip file with many things:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Ok, are you familiar with either my Blender tutorial or Blackjax's 3DS Max tutorial?