Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Segtendo

#1
You cray, fam.

What made you want to come back to do this?
#2
It's been like that for a while. Unfortunately, they won't be stopping any time soon. There's no bot prevention security, AFAIK.

Just do what I do and report them. They may register at an alarming rate, but it helps the staff pick them off one by one.
#3
General Hacking Discussion / Re: is Brawl Vault dead?
January 20, 2020, 06:11:27 AM
I feel this question pops up every now and then.

Most of the big modders of Brawl have moved on to other things, whether it be modding Smash 4 or Smash Ultimate. This game has had a ton of things put out for it. Lots of talented people have come and gone over the years. Hell. I was even part of it through my high school years and beyond.

I know the community is still a bit alive. KingJigglypuff continues to develop movesets. He's the only person since the modding days, that I know of, that is still actively making content for Brawl. He even posts on his Twitter about his moveset progression.

Quote from: Lillith on January 19, 2020, 08:22:58 AM
Apparently, there's a Discord, but I don't really care enough about Discord at all to follow it, too messy and easy to lose everything compared to an actual forum.
There is a Discord, but last time I was in there, it was filled with mostly new people, with only some of the staff from here managing it.
#4
Hey there.

Hate to bump this thread from almost two years of nothingness, but...

https://twitter.com/brawlbrstms/status/1161444560465211393

BrawlBRSTMs3 and Smash Custom Music are no more, which means a ton of my entries are gonna become broken. HOWEVER, I've been slowly working on backing everything up to my Dropbox account. Right now, it has everything I uploaded to the site, plus some stuff that didn't make it up there. I can provide a link so the restorers of the Vault can work on that. As for the YouTube links... that's another story.
#5
I've also seen a bot post in the tutorials section and get the tutorials pin LMFAO

I do agree that there needs to be a way to deal with these bots. They've been so rampant for a while, and all I've been doing is reporting them.
#7
Damn. This scene has evolved so much since I stopped moddong Brawl.

Hell. I only recently found out what BrawlCrate was.
#8
You could, just, you know, report their post and mention they're a bot?
#9
KJP pretty much nailed everything there is to say.

Like he said, many of the big names have moved on or stop modding. People like Nano, ShadowSnake, JoeTE, DSX8, etc. have moved on to Smash 4 modding, which has been extremely promising.

I think one thing this site needs is a MASSIVE overhaul with the visuals. It's been this same dull gray ever since I started (2009) and probably earlier.

I know the staff wants to add Smash 4 mod compatibility to the Vault, but Vyse is the key coder, and I haven't seen him much lately.

I feel mod statuses should be passed on to people who still have passion to work on Brawl mods. I mean, when was the last time you saw Gamma Ridley moderate the help section?

I've been in the Brawl modding community for almost 8 years, and those were some of the best time I've ever had in a community. Coming together, sharing mods, making movesets... It was great.

However, like I said, everyone else has pretty much moved on.
#10
I'm on Firefox, and I have the same problem as KJP. It used to work just fine, with it displaying the video title, but now it doesn't even do it.
#11
Oh good. Nightmare fuel.
#12
I know I'm late, but holy [censored]. BrawlBox is still alive and kicking.

And now I fade into obscurity.
#13
Quote from: Gamidame_K on February 09, 2017, 04:05:56 PM
oh btw before I get warned for talking about something out of place here I wanna ask if we gonna put some kind of data partition for sm4sh lilke we did with brawl? at least for the character files.
There's no point since we have no file patch code, PLUS all the files are in two giant archives. Only way to extract them is with SmashExplorer.
#14
Filesize bloat means it ups the file size for no good reason. I think I remember hearing about that a while ago with BrawlBox.

Also Scout. I've lurked that restoration thread. You and the people in there are doing amazing things to restore the Vault back to what it was. I congratulate you and your helpers.
#15
GB is more stable than KCMM has been in years. They have an ocassional outage or two, but they fix that up almost instantly.

Yea. I'm not a fan of GB for hosting mods either, but it's the best we got for now.

Now if someone can make a Sm4shVault, that would be great.