Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Rikami

#1
Animation porting does not work anymore. I get an error after choosing the first model. Also, isn't .mot a type of animation file? That isn't supported.
#2
Well toonlink doesn't have one...
I might have to put him over a different character.
#3
So you don't know anything about getting the REFT saki shots onto an article?
#4
Uhhhhhh, I came across this:


It looks like the textures used in the shots. I think maybe the info above points to how it is used. How can this even be used over an article?

As for Solidus, I say you put him over Ganondorf and give him two katanas. I could do some really cool double katana attacks and match the sword glow effects from MGS2.

I take it you're doing some top secret things?
#5
Yeah I've done a lot of digging for it before. I've come across "ItmSakiShotParam.pac" under item but it only has MiscData and no model, which I assume because it is "Param"
But I can't find any other files that may have it.

I figured aiming wouldn't be doable, maybe if I put saki over pit...

Also, on an unrelated note, I know how you're really into metal gear, (as am I) and I saw the work you've been doing on raiden. Nice job.

Back when vertexing was all the craze I had been working on a vertex edit of ganon's face to look like Solidus. I actually got very far into it because I was directly using Solidus's model straight from MGS2. However I ran into texture problems.
But now that model importing is possible I think it would be an awesome project to get Solidus's model into brawl.
I still have all the files, so maybe you'd be interested in helping me. Rigging is one thing I haven't learned yet. I could also help you with Raiden if you'd like. I have a lot of experience with making moves and smooth animations.
#6
That is incredible. I've been waiting for this kind of stuff.
The only problem is locating Saki's assist trophy shot article. I had trouble finding it.
I wouldn't want it to charge at all, but shoot rapidly while you hold down b.

And I know this may sound far fetched but while I coming up with move ideas last year I really thought it would be awesome if you could aim the shots. Kind of like Pit?
How possible is something like that? I know it would require animations similar to Pit's or shield aiming animations.
#7
What's up eternal, long time no see.

That's a good starting place however it definitely will be complex.
I think I had several ideas a while back, one of them being some sort of grapple using a lazer that shot from his gun. You know, similar to zero suit samus?
Saki is currently still over toonlink so his grapple parameters could be put to use for that.
We could even article swap zero suit's grapple maybe?

Another idea I had was some kind of gravity deifying jump, maybe that included shooting upward at the same time.
Which kind of points to that maybe we should start with his standard b move?
Which would be firing his gun of course.
This was very frustrating to me because I absolutely wanted the shots to be like the assist trophy's but I had no luck in article swapping the shots from saki's assist trophy file.

That's pretty much where I left off.
#8
Well the problem isn't coming up with new moves it's actually making them work.
Anyone familiar with PSA will tell you special moves get complicated.
#9
Hahahahaha, I did.
But I got a new one a few days later.

The only reason I haven't worked on Saki is because I was at a dead end and was busy with school.
I really need help making special moves. I just don't know how to make new special moves from scratch. If someone could get me started then I could go crazy with the effects/etc.
#10
Anyone interested in helping me finish this? Mainly special moves.
#11
Seriously? Cause I asked like 3 different people and everyones been half assing me hahaha.
I never even got a response from Hollow!!

He does have a lot of potential!
Something he really needs is more graphical effects.
But the hard part is pretty much done. Since I corrected over 300 individual animations so they don't stretch.

I would be so psyched if you could help!
I have some ideas for specials if you want to discuss them?
You could tell me how possible they are to do.
#12
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on January 04, 2011, 10:33:50 PM
I finally got a chance to test this (after spending ages unlocking Toon Link just to test this, I use Dolphin so I didn't have the characters unlocked) and I must say it is absolutely fantastic!  Everything just works so smoothly and despite the fact that he uses a lot of his animations from other characters, they all work so well on him that they look like his own animations.  I think this is mainly because of the way that you timed the hitboxes and the fact that.

Here's my feedback so far.  Any complaints are (to be honest) rather minor, despite the fact that I will spend quite a bit of time pointing them out:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


First of all let me say what wonderful feedback you've given me!
Nice and detailed.

You are very keen and have probably noticed every flaw I was aware of.

Anyway, all your points are correct. I full agree with you on each one.
However, given the fact that this was a beta release, these problems are present.
I spent little time adjusting damage, knock back, and hitboxes for this release for the sake of time.
Rest assured that the next release will be much more cleaned up and include most of this changes you mentioned.

The one thing I do disagree with is his Up-air.
I actually like the animation! It seems original...
But you are right about the damage, knockback, and hitboes on it.
I will consider a new animation.

Grabs must be possible, I'm just a little stumped and need time to figure it out.

Specials... I have had much trouble with them. I need help with them from someone with more experience.
I've contacted several well known PSA specialists and gotten nothing :(
Do you have much specials knowledge?

Thanks though! You have been very helpful.
#14
Attacks and Animations / Re: INTRODUCING: Saki Amamiya!
October 30, 2010, 09:54:42 PM
Is that so??
Wow, that Naruto move set is also amazingly done!

Maybe you could help me out too?
The specials I had in mind are pretty simple.


Standard B - Shoot Cannon Sword (I have several ideas which may be possible. For instance being able to move while shooting and being able to aim in any direction.

Side B - Dash - similar to Fox/Falco's Side B, except with invincibility frames and maybe no hit boxes.

Down B (Still under consideration) A counter? I thought that would be cool.

Up B (Still under consideration/I really don't know) Some kind of super leap maybe? Followed by blaster shots downward?
#15
Attacks and Animations / Re: INTRODUCING: Saki Amamiya!
October 30, 2010, 04:37:42 PM
My applogizes, it was my fault.

As to specials... No I have not.
I have been trying very hard to create specials but I really do not know how to work with them  at all!
It's so frustrating. That is why I recently contacted .Fade for help with specials!
You may know him from his work on Cloud? Hmmmm??
Exciting I know.