Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Chiller7

#1
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
April 11, 2020, 05:05:20 AM
Sorry for the huuuuge necropost, but it's sad to see the forums like this, the same forum where I used to spend the whole afternoon during my middle school years. So after almost 4 years without making a Brawl mod, and with the future release of NMH3, I decided to... Do something:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#2
Help / Re: Having issues loading mods on my Wii
March 22, 2020, 01:51:58 AM
Mine is FAT32 too, I think that's the suggested format. I'm honestly clueless on what could it be.
#3
Help / Re: Having issues loading mods on my Wii
March 20, 2020, 03:45:06 AM
Glad to see it works now, but it's a bit weird. I use a 16GB SDHC card to play Project M, and it seems to work. I also use CFG USB Loader since my Wii can't read dual layered discs anymore, and as far as I can remember, I didn't have to make additional configurations to make that SD card work.

Could it be the SD card format?
#4
General Hacking Discussion / Re: NEw to hacking. Team any?
September 07, 2016, 03:03:25 AM
A really good way to begin is by creating texture hacks. In that form, you start to learn about the basics of brawlbox and gimp.
To make your mods more interesting, when submitting an entry (mod), instead of adding separate images, add a banner that redirects anyone that clicks on it to more previews.
Add CSPs and portraits to any mod you create. You can make basic renders in brawlbox, but Blender will give a more detailed image.

You may be already aware of all that... but if you didn't, well here it is.

Good luck and welcome
:D
#5
Help / Re: How to lower a character's brightness?
September 05, 2016, 04:55:49 AM
Mmmm... well you can try decreasing the brightness of the textures. Like opening the model with brawlbox, extracting the textures and using an image editor like photoshop or gimp to decrease the brightness, then save them, and re-import them in brawlbox :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If that didn't work, try checking out the shader of the model in brawlbox.Sorry, I should think of something better.

#6
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
August 28, 2016, 06:16:41 AM
I haven't decided, but I was considering Ness because of the yo-yo and bat
#7
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
August 28, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
Look what I have found :D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I just finished texturing him, there weren't separate objects for his eyes, so I had to put his eye and eyelids textures together in one texture.

I also rigged this, but nobody cares about her:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#8
Help / Re: Beyondyours Brawl Launcher
July 27, 2016, 04:20:30 AM
You can find it in the following post:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ASF1nk on August 11, 2012, 07:02:27 AM
4. Download the Riivolution Setup.
5. Extract the Riivolution Setup .zip inside the root of your SD card.
Just click on the Riivolution Setup option and extract the content in the root of your SD card... Just be sure to make a backup of your xml.
#9
Help / Re: Problems Changing Voices
July 27, 2016, 03:31:43 AM
It may depend, how do you load sound files? do you use a smashbros_sound.brsar or create a sawnd file for each character you want to replace?

If you create a sawnd file for every character, the only thing that I can think of is that before creating your sawnd make sure you selected the character's name/ID.

Or Maybe the wav files you used are too big in filesize compared to the character's default sounds. Or (another or... sorry) the wav files are in the wrong format (wav is the correct format, but there are 2 of them).

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you edited them, be sure that before exporting your sounds you have choosen the 16bit wav format (there is a 32bit wav, pretty sure that doesn't work on brawl).

Try checking all those aspects :)

Hope you can solve it, and sorry for writing all of that  :P
#10
Music & SFX / Re: Looping Help
July 24, 2016, 08:40:57 PM
To increase the volume of a song in audacity you just have to drag the volume option to the left or the right depending if you want to decrease or increase the volume respectively, it's on the left side of the song you are editing:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When you think it's ready, export the sound file as a .wav file (if you want to make a brstm).

To import a sound file in Brawlbox click on File>new>Brstm audio stream
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And search for the wav file you exported before. After selecting it, a wild loop editor will appear.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's not really hard to make a loop, I highlighted some options in squares:
Green square: highlights the loop option. You might want to check that to enable the loop.
Blue square: highlights the loop start option. It's where the loop will start from after the song finishes or reaches the end option. Click on that button to set the start at certain part of the song.
Red square: highlights the end option. It's where the song will... end xD. when the song reaches that part, instead of returning to the beginning of the song, it will Start from where the Start option was set.

And I think that's it :)
Sorry for the long post :(, somehow I use this to practice english.
#11
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
July 12, 2016, 11:53:41 PM
Everyone importing HQ models with expressions and everything while I'm stuck with this guy.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks good, but it's low poly :/
#12
Al least this makes me forget about spending my remaining 50 cents on steam :v
#13
Oh my
It's happening again
#14
The files that contain the ingame HUD are inside the info2 folder (you can get them from the resources section)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Open one file (for example info_boss_battle_en) using brawlbox, expand MiscData[30], then expand the textures folder and look for the symbol you want to replace (you can replace character names too, the textures are inside the same folder ;) ). After finishing save it and do the same for every other file inside info2 folder.

Info2 folder goes inside the pf folder.

As for result screen icons, I don't know how to replace them  :P