Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - superstarfy64

#1
Portraits, Menus, (etc...) / Stage Series Icons
January 03, 2016, 04:26:40 AM
So I've replaced both Battlefield and Final Destination with two random stages from different series.. The thing is, both stages share the Smash ball series icon. Is there anyway to assign a different series icon for the two stages?
#2
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
April 06, 2014, 07:23:36 PM
Can anyone explain to me how I add the sound effects to a clone. I have the .sawnd file. Also, let's asume we are working with Rayquaza as a demonstration. Thanks!  :kdance:
#3
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 28, 2014, 03:40:32 AM
I know to add SFX I'm supposed to replace the soundbank of a boss and then change the soundbank that the clone reads, but can anyone tell me how to do this?
#4
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 26, 2014, 01:33:43 AM
I've had problems loading Stock Icons, Battle Portrait Names (the names only, the pictures show up), and Result Screen Photos. Can anyone run me through on how to give a clone these?
#5
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 25, 2014, 02:47:15 AM
Does anyone know exactly how to give a clone custom sound effects?
#6
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 19, 2014, 12:57:18 PM
MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED (just in case anybody else finds this problem) The first times I did this I had the CSS Expansion and the CSS Code (CSS Expansion is better of course). The second time I did it (without the CSS Code) I forgot to put in the ExModules. I just put them in and that solved the problem!
#7
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 18, 2014, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 18, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
It does have a bunch of random symbols when I open it

Maybe there is a messed up code or something? Does anyone have any clue on what is going on? Maybe the SDHC Expansion code needs extra setup besides just using Gecko with it in, but I don't know.
#8
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 18, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 10:05:45 PM
yeah the default text reader on pc dont know why i said notebock lol i had something else on my mind lol


It does have a bunch of random symbols when I open it
#9
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 18, 2014, 10:04:07 PM
Oh, ok!
#10
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 18, 2014, 09:57:43 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 09:56:16 PM
make sure your gct is good, i mean not text , if you can open the gct with the notebook and see the codes then the gct isnt correct it must shows a bunch of symbols.

Notebook?
#11
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 18, 2014, 09:49:47 PM
I tried a lot of things but the latest one seems the best, and this time I believe that I made a very crucial mistake as when I loaded the CSS it was normal. I'm going to list the steps in the order I did just to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

1. Copy the contents of "Core Files" from both the Clone Engine and the CSS Expansion into:

X:private/wii/app/RSBE/pf

2. Make the files that go into the "BrawlEx" folder inside of pf, or use sammi-husky's clone tool

3. Make a folder in "pf" called "Fighter"

4. Make a folder inside of fighter with the name of your clone and put the files in (ex: FitShadow00.pac or .pcs)

5. Use the BrawlEx Config Utility to open the CSSRoster.dat and add the clone to "Icons" and "Random"

6. Make a .gct files with "File Patch 3.5.1b", and SDHC Expansion. (I also added No tripping and Unrestricted Pause Camera)

7. Export the .gct to "codes" on the root of the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card in the Wii and run Gecko

9. Set the hook type to "AXNextFrame" and turn "SD Codes" to "Yes"

10. Save the config and run the game


Did I possibly miss a step or do something wrong?
#12
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 16, 2014, 06:10:02 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 06:08:53 PM
That's for the old BrawlEx.
If you use the expansion version, you won't need CSS codes.

Oh, I am using the expansion! Thanks!!!
#13
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 16, 2014, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 05:28:34 PM
super starfy 64 i also forgot you may need the gameconfig.txt in the root if your sd card as the picture abode shows in EY post you can get one by going to the nebulon build and download the gameconfig.txt

Thanks!!! Just so you know, the CSS Fix is Spunit's code at the first page of this thread. Isn't that needed where you type the number of icons, and that your clone is in the CSS Screen?
#14
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 16, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 05:16:05 PM
did you have the sdhc code in the gct? and is your hook type anexframe?

Oh, I have the code in the GCT but didn't update the .txt 

And yes, I do use that hooktype
#15
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
March 16, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 05:11:55 PM
Did you add the bx_fighter.rel?
Did you add the common2.pac?

Yeah, they are both there (you can check in the dropbox link)