Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - uyjulian

#1
Programming / Re: BrawlBox v0.76b
October 09, 2015, 04:46:04 AM
It seems like compiling on mono is broken on 902c63ed763a6c9ec2b60a464201e21b40bf966b because of type-related errors in the resx (System.Drawing.Font, System.Drawing), so I'll try to fix that.
#2
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.75b
May 22, 2015, 06:18:23 PM
Quote from: E-scope12 on May 22, 2015, 06:06:10 PM
Okay. How do I get that gluniform?
Upgrade your drivers.
If you still don't get it, upgrade your graphics card, then upgrade your drivers again.
#3
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74b
February 20, 2015, 09:24:11 AM
Can't buy Windows 8.1? Go install Debian, you can run BrawlBox via Wine. (Wine compatibility is getting better and better that I can actually use it!)

Anyway, I'll submit a pull request to make sure mcs can compile the source files properly (if there is any problems)
#4
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74b
February 15, 2015, 10:46:14 PM
Quote from: Chibiyima on February 15, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.
Time to upgrade your OS... or use Linux.
#5
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74b
February 12, 2015, 11:55:21 PM
Quote from: Chibiyima on February 12, 2015, 11:44:31 PM
Ok, that'll be great.

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 11:46:49 PM

Is
Is .Net a program?
http://www.microsoft.com/net
or you can install it through Windows Update
#6
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74b
February 12, 2015, 09:18:55 AM
Quote from: Chibiyima on February 12, 2015, 06:53:46 AM
When I try to open Brawlbox, the message says "Brawlbox is not a valid win32 application". Is there a 32-bit version of Brawlbox in there?
you don't have .net installed.
#7
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74b
January 09, 2015, 09:03:27 AM
Time to upgrade your OS, you got a REALLY OLD OS there.
#8
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74
January 09, 2015, 12:44:21 AM
Quote from: Nasca Corp on January 09, 2015, 12:22:56 AM
i cant get it work on Windows XP SP4, there is a message :


any idea that how to fix it? Thks
Windows XP SP4 doesn't exist, unless you are using a pirated Windows.
You need to have .Net framework installed, go to http://www.microsoft.com/net
#9
I'll just throw this into the box:

Audio stream output with OpenAL (through OpenTK) instead of DirectSound

(I'm actually working on this myself, but just put this in the box anyway)
#10
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.74
December 30, 2014, 03:49:23 AM
Crashing... no backtraces.
I don't know how to debug with M$ .NET, but if you have mono installed on your computer, run this command from the command line:
mono /path/to/brawlbox.exe --debug
, and crash BrawlBox, a backtrace will be printed in the console with line numbers, function names etc (if there are debug symbols in the executable). This will help the developers of BrawlBox track down the problem.

By the way, this is how I found out what was causing BrawlBox to crash on Macs.
#11
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.73b
December 24, 2014, 01:49:22 AM
Quote from: Brandondorf9999 on December 24, 2014, 01:47:36 AM
Hm, is it possible for people to be seeing an update message saying that the previous version is up to date like this?:


yes
#12
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.73b
December 24, 2014, 01:42:11 AM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 24, 2014, 01:37:02 AM
VoidPtr works the same as byte*, so either or.

Here's some examples of what does and doesn't work.

Good:
int offset = 0x10;
VoidPtr address2 = (VoidPtr)address + offset;

Good:
int offset = 0x10;
byte* address2 = (byte*)address + offset;

Bad:
int offset = 0x10;
buint* address2 = (buint*)address + offset; //increments by 0x40 instead

Good:
int offset = 0x4;
buint* address2 = (buint*)address + offset; //buint increments by four bytes, and 0x10 / 0x4 is 0x4

Good:
VoidPtr address;
buint* otherAddress;
int offset = (int)address - (int)otherAddress; //By casting to int, you get the raw address value so the pointer type doesn't matter

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
#13
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.73b
December 24, 2014, 01:25:50 AM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 24, 2014, 01:22:13 AM
Merge your changes yo!

I just pushed some stuff like literally a minute ago, maybe I fixed something you came across.

Just be careful changing pointer operations, one of the previous fixes for mono broke some code that wrote CHR0 and SRT0 animations.

Mono can compile for platforms other than just Windows, so it's a little bit different.
What should I convert to, System.VoidPtr or byte*?
#14
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.73b
December 24, 2014, 01:17:16 AM
Well, I found some problems when I was compiling with Mono, but I fixed them.
#15
Programming / Re: BrawlBox 0.73b
December 24, 2014, 12:29:13 AM
Quote from: Brandondorf9999 on December 24, 2014, 12:09:29 AM
I guess it's time that the newer BrawlBox programs should be released this week.
https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools

stop complaining, last update was 2 days ago (as of this post)