Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues getting character hacks to work.  (Read 1897 times)
Mikaru
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »

I'm using Gecko and the smash stack to load hacks, but I've got the issue of none of the hacks I download working. I've got the file patcher code installed but it doesn't seem to be working, because whenever I choose a character it stays the default, even after I use smash stack to load gecko and patch the files. I've downloaded only characters so far, specifically Simon Belmont 1.0, MMZ Zero V2, Eldiran's Zero 1.4, Ragna the Bloodedge, and Smash Bros. Melee Mewtwo v2. I've already renamed the files appropriately (for example, FitLucario00.pcs to FitLucario) but I've still seen no sign of the character hacks.

Can anyone give me some help figuring this out? I think I did everything right, but it's not working.

Gale
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

Well one of the problems is that FitLucario00 should not be renamed.

FitLucario00.pcs is the model data (so in this case everything that is Mewtwo's model is in there) along with FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario.pac is the data for the attacks

You should have at least 4 files in the Mewtwo one

FitLucario.pac
FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario00.pcs
FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac

You can use just the FitLucario.pac file but it will still be Lucario using Mewtwo's moves with Lucario's animations

You shouldn't be renaming any files for the Mewtwo one at least

Also do you have the right codes uploaded to Gecko? If you don't have the right code file in your SD card then Gecko will load the game but it won't change anything about it. Make sure you have the right code file.

Aside from that I wouldn't know what your problem is.

EDIT- Oh also one more thing is to make sure you have the files in the right folder. For Mewtwo your SD card should look something like this

Root->private->wii->app->rsbe->pf->Fighter->Lucario

And then you put at minimum those 4 files into that folder and DO NOT RENAME THEM.

Also Root is just the normal root folder of your card you shouldn't actually have a folder named root in there

Code files go into Root->codes and it should be named RSBE01.gct

OKAY ONE MORE EDIT!
I had a "DURR" moment and actually decided to go look up the files you are trying to put in and I just wanted to clarify something with you. All of those files that you are trying to load are nothing more then Model/Texture which means the characters will not play different just look different. All of those files will be named Fit(Character)00.pac and Fit(Character)00.pcs. Once again do not change these file names they MUST be named that in order to change the model and texture data.

The Zero (Megaman X Zero not Megaman Zero Zero) is the only one that is a Fit(Character).pac file (FitLink.pac to be specific). This will ONLY change his moveset. If you want him to look like Zero as well then you will have to find the FitLink00.pac and FitLink00.pcs files in another download. But once again don't change these files.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:59:51 PM by Gale » Logged

Mikaru
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »

Well one of the problems is that FitLucario00 should not be renamed.

FitLucario00.pcs is the model data (so in this case everything that is Mewtwo's model is in there) along with FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario.pac is the data for the attacks

You should have at least 4 files in the Mewtwo one

FitLucario.pac
FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario00.pcs
FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac

You can use just the FitLucario.pac file but it will still be Lucario using Mewtwo's moves with Lucario's animations

You shouldn't be renaming any files for the Mewtwo one at least

Also do you have the right codes uploaded to Gecko? If you don't have the right code file in your SD card then Gecko will load the game but it won't change anything about it. Make sure you have the right code file.
Thank you, a informed, smart answer for one of them.
Aside from that I wouldn't know what your problem is.

Hey, at least you replied and tried to help, right?
EDIT- Oh also one more thing is to make sure you have the files in the right folder. For Mewtwo your SD card should look something like this
Root->private->wii->app->rsbe->pf->Fighter->Lucario

Since it's NSTC-U, shouldn't it be rsbe01? Also, like this?

Also Root is just the normal root folder of your card you shouldn't actually have a folder named root in there

I know, I did put it in the root, I learned some time ago that "Root" meant in the main spot.
Code files go into Root->codes and it should be named RSBE01.gct
Did that.

Gale
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »

Hmm I don't think so. I'm also using NSTC-U and mine is named rsbe not rsbe01 and I've never had a problem bringing the files up. That could be your problem? Simply switch the folder name and it might work. My friend also has an NSTC-U Wii and his folder is also just named rsbe if I remember correctly and both of our Wii's run the mods.

Mikaru
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »

The strange part is that I've actually copied them from RSBE01 to RSBE just in case for that reason, I'll let you know in a few if it works.

EDIT: Still not working.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:20:00 AM by Mikaru » Logged

DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 07:29:13 AM »

It should definitely just be RSBE.

Out of curiosity, why are you using Stack Smash AND Gecko? It's been a while since I used Gecko, but iirc, you just choose that app from Homebrew Channel to run the game, I never smashes the stack. Are you trying to do this without Homebrew Channel?

If not my experience is very limited, but just to make sure, you are actually activating stack smash right? In other words, you know you have to actually start a game, activate stack smash (can't remember how, sorry) and have the game restart, right?

Mikaru
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

From what I understand for smash stack to work you just need to go to the custom stage maker. But I thought you still needed a boot.elf with something that loads to patch the files, don't you?

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »

Yes, I just wanted to make sure that when you do go into custom stage maker stack smash starts and reboots the game.

Ragna will probably be the easiest to get running. Just make sure that you have the pcs file in private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/ike and that it is named fitike00.pcs. Make SURE it's a pcs file and not a pac file, having the pac alone will NOT make the texture work.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: