UltraMario's model import collab project

Started by UltraMario, February 16, 2012, 07:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 16, 2012, 07:20:32 AM Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:28:21 PM by UltraMario
Hello there, fellas. I'm kinda new here, and YOU gotta help ME!

Ya see, I wanna submit a couple of model imports to the Vault. However, there's one problem: I have no way of submitting screenshots and testing the import whatsoever, and what I need you guys to do is test them for me and tell me the results via PM. If anyone wants to help, I'll PM them the download link to my import before submitting it to the vault. I'd gladly appreciate as much help as I need!

Post Merge: February 16, 2012, 09:17:57 PM

Anyways, I have much to learn about model importing as of now. My first import will be an import of Melee Mario over Brawl Mario. Also, I can't test out my hacks because:

1. I can't save Dolphin on my laptop because of limited space.
2. I have no idea how to get hacks into Brawl.

Also, is it possible to replace any models in Brawl via import? Or is just character for characters?


I can help you with previews and testing stuff :), about your last question, I don't get quite right what you're trying to ask... but... ANY brawl model with polygons, can be replaced.
I'm Allways glad to help :)

please pm me melee mario, and you will get results
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

@Dr: Thanks.

@KM: I haven't worked on my hack yet. :P.

Also, I have a question: Is it possible to rig and all of that in Blender? I'm having too much trouble with 3DS Max, as I can't even install it properly. @_@. I'd much rather work with a program I'm familiar with.


No, you must use max, it says it in the tut
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

>implying that the tutorial is the only source for how to import models


only 3ds max 2010 and 2011 mate, cause they have the proper DAE export settings that blender doesnt
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: UltraMario on February 22, 2012, 01:40:30 AM
>implying that the tutorial is the only source for how to import models
I think there's a workarround:
Work in Blender as usual,
Save in a format compatible with 3DS Max ( I think .FBX is one),
Send it to someone who has 3DS Max to export it as DAE properly.

...just saying

That's... a great idea! However, I only have 2 problems:

1. My laptop with Windows 7 is currently unavailable to use because of the "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" bluescreen.
2. I'm using a Mac right now and Macs aren't compatible with .exe files, the format Brawlbox uses.


:srs: windows emulator
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P