Stage .rels and you - A New finding involving stage hitbox parameters.

Started by Eternal Yoshi, January 06, 2011, 03:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sorry I've been away.
When I get my PC back and have the time, I'll look more into stage.rels.

In the meantime, I'm linking this so it doesn't get lost:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=29937.0

July 11, 2012, 05:48:09 PM #16 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:20:51 PM by Pokemontrainerfan88
I need help getting the rel's for my stage hacks. I shall tell you which stages I have hacked in a minute, but the main problem is that the stage hacks didn't appear when I choose the stage that I had hacked. Here are the stages that I have hacked Battlefield, Doplic, Corneria, the Pokemon stages, FZero and Final Destination.

Hey everyone! Does anybody here know how to locate the damage boxes that are attached to the statues in castle siege? I figure the code might be a bit different than the hitboxes in a stage. And also, once finding them, how can i get rid of them? I want to get the statues to be in the background without getting in the way when im battling and trying to shoot projectiles at people.
Can someone help me with this, or if they know how to do it, can they edit it for me?

Let me know! thanks!

I've been doing some fiddling with the Brinstar .rel file, thought I'd post my findings here.
Not sure what formatting I should post it as, so I hope you understand my references :P

Acid
860 - 04 - 3880000E - Damage
850 - 0C - 38A0006E - Knockback
860 - 08 - 38C0005A - Angle
880 - 08 - 3900003C - Setting to 0 makes it so you are only hit once

And a more important find, you can change the effect type of the hitboxes.

870 - 04 - 38000005 - Fire Effect

This line makes the Acid hitbox apply the fire effect. You can change it for example to 3800000E which applies flower effect.

Nice find, Syvkal!
Quote from: Syvkal on July 19, 2014, 12:37:55 AM
And a more important find, you can change the effect type of the hitboxes.
870 - 04 - 38000005 - Fire Effect
I found the one for Norfair's lava floor:
FFA0 - 0F - 38C000XX

You can replace XX with one of these flag values (scroll down the page until you see Bits 28-32: Effect).

What the hex data for Spear Pillar Hazards in the st_tengan.rel?

Figured I'd post this here since almsot nobody seems to know about it:

Open a stage .rel in Brawlbox. Then open up section[4] and look inside. Here you can find a bunch of constants that you can alter to change certain things about the stage. This is how we fixed a camera bug for Infinite Glacier in PM. It takes some experimentation to figure out what each constant does, but If you know around what value you're looking for, it's easier to find what you need.

How do I edit the Delfino Plaza sea's scaling with it's .rel file?