Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: custom csps weight more after saving  (Read 1018 times)
obliterator
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

I'm doing my own custom csp's for cbliss, i extracted the original ones and their size was 102kb, and the ones i was gonna replace them with were 58kb, but when i replaced them i noticed the common5.pac was even bigger than before replacing the csps! so i extracted my csps and now their size was 144kb.
The original images were in CMPR format, so i gave that same format to the ones i replaced.

"When the moon is full and the trees are bare- Walk through the Cemetery if you dare. Where skeletons rot and corpses fester- Locate to the tomb with the skull of a Jester. Feed him the token all shiny and new- It is then that CarnEvil will return for YOU!"

BabyLuigiOnFire
Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »

Is the MIP level more than 1? That could be the possible reason you have a bigger image file.

obliterator
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 12:48:52 AM »

yes, the MIP level is set to 1, CMPR with MIP level 1 is the lowest file size i've found for csp images. I also tried using the posterize option in photoshop to reduce the quality and size of the image and indexed colors but it didn't work

"When the moon is full and the trees are bare- Walk through the Cemetery if you dare. Where skeletons rot and corpses fester- Locate to the tomb with the skull of a Jester. Feed him the token all shiny and new- It is then that CarnEvil will return for YOU!"

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: