Help with psychics changing.

Started by Poopyman, March 12, 2018, 04:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 12, 2018, 04:13:48 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:33:36 AM by IndyJacksonTT
OK, so I'm a making a brawl mod, I don't like brawl's  stupid psychics, so I was wondering what form of modifications I could add to the game to make the psychics similar to sm4sh or melee.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me. :)

Please don't reply with project m, I'm making my own mod.



 Why not? That's literally what that mods purpose is, they even add wave dashing, remove tripping, etc.

Brawl Minus or Smash 2 would probably do it.

Quote from: windhunter7 on March 12, 2018, 02:41:47 PM
Why not? That's literally what that mods purpose is, they even add wave dashing, remove tripping, etc.

Do you know how I could add those psychics and out them into the normal game?
Basically, where are the files in Project M.

The .gct file, the FitCharacterName and FitCharacterNameMotionEtc Pac files(As well as any other files in the "fighter" folder that aren't skins), the .rel files, and the common3.pac; there might be one or two other files in the system folder that are also needed for the physics changes, but not that I know of :o

Basically a way to make the psychics like sm4sh.
Like launch distance, gravity, and stuff.

Quote from: IndyJacksonTT on March 13, 2018, 12:19:44 AM
Basically a way to make the psychics like sm4sh.
Like launch distance, gravity, and stuff.
I'm sorry if this comes down as condescending, but I'm sure you mean "Physics" not "Psychics". Physics is the physical properties and phenomena of something. Where as Psychic is relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance.

March 13, 2018, 03:25:11 AM #9 Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:12:27 AM by IndyJacksonTT
I'm asking for a smash 4 styled gameplay.
I'm thinking the difference between normal brawl and smash is things like general speed, gravity, launch distance, and hitstuns.

Could I compile mods that add these things to the game to make these changes.