Having a Size-Mod problem...

Started by nanobuds, November 03, 2011, 10:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm trying to make a basic size-mod for a model import (Tikal over Zelda). I've made many in the past, and they haven't had any major issues.

I edited the XRotN bone and named it XRot_Tikal. Then i edited the animations of that bone for the sizemod.

Well after saving it, it freezes in game. Then when i try to open it again in BrawlBox, it wont open in the Model Viewer, and the program crashes.

any help?

November 03, 2011, 10:20:15 PM #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:21:33 PM by Sorceress
Hmmm... I wonder, did u have to rename XRotN?
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on November 03, 2011, 10:20:15 PM
Hmmm... I wonder, did u have to rename XRotN?

to make it one-slot, yes i have to rename that. i could rename the TopN bone, but that makes more animation glitches than the XRot

Quote from: Nanobuds on November 03, 2011, 10:43:31 PM
to make it one-slot, yes i have to rename that. i could rename the TopN bone, but that makes more animation glitches than the XRot
Okay then, I hope somebody can help u fix this...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

me too. ive never had this problem with size mods before...


If it freezes and crashes Brawlbox then there's no hope for that specific file. I think you ought to just try again since it probably just got corrupted somewhere along the way. I know when I'm replacing the shaders or the materials of my models I have to replace them one at a time, save, close brawlbox, and re-open it for each one or the mdl0 will do exactly what you're describing.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

ive tried 5 different times. still crashed brawlbox.

Are you renaming the bone in brawlbox, the DAE, or 3ds max?
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.


Maybe try a different method?...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on November 05, 2011, 01:46:36 AM
Maybe try a different method?...

Yes, do that. Edit the DAE with notepad++ and change the node name.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.