Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Model importing over bones / Article functionality / Entry Articles [SOLVED]  (Read 682 times)
Illimvra
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »

ORIGINAL POST:
Alright, after a day or two of drudging and mass downloading, I finally got a Mario Kart Wii rom, and I finally downloaded the Chain Chomp's brres files, etc....

Now, that alone was pretty challenging (lots of broken links due to Mega Upload being shut down, and due to time... etc...), the next part is pretty challenging (I wouldn't put it beyond impossible)

Basically, I was going to have the Chain Chomp over the Ice Climbers so that I could have it appear during certain attacks.

Here are various ways I can think of  that this would be possible:

• Over the Ice Climber's 'Belay Article' - I could very easy place the Chain chomp over the ice climber's ice blocks, but I already replaced them with Green Shells :|. If there's a way to change an article's functionality, and add hitboxes to it (there were hitboxes in the Ice Block articles), that would be awesome.

Basically all I need to do is detatch the belay from the Ice Climbers and have it execute an animation, hit box, then disappear. Voila.
  • Over the Ice Climber's Condor - Now this would be perfect, as the Condor apparently executes an independant animation in the entry. THe only thing is, I have no clue how to make the Condor appear again.

Is there any way to make an entry article reappear after the Entry? The only behavior I observed from Entry Articles is that in no way is it controlled by the Character's FitXXX.pac file, the Entry subactions don't make it reappear, and the article disappears once their entry animations end. By making the Entry animations only last a few frames, I observed that the Condor simply disappear's mid-flight when the animation ends. There hasn't been any obvious methods of calling the article back. :|
  • Adding the model to a bone- Is there a way to attatch a model TO another model? I could place the Chain Chomp over an invisible bone of the Ice Climbers (such as ThrowN), but I have no clue how. Any tips? (I have 3DS max 2010 for 30 days.).

This appears to be the MOST practical method because you can always rescale a bone during an animation to make the Chain Chomp "appear", and as far as hitboxes, that's something even PSA alone can handle.

Thanks for reading!

Got it! If you ever need to attatch a model to another model... Brawl box already has that functionality. Now all I have to do is get the textures and etc... working
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:37:47 PM by Illimvra » Logged

On my Brawl Modding Agenda:

Update Petey Piranha PSA
Update Ninja Mario PSA
Baby Mario Bros over Ice Climbers

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: