[Advanced] How to Get a PM PSA to Work in Brawl

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 31, 2017, 03:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 31, 2017, 03:29:17 PM Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:11:13 PM by KingJigglypuff
Hey there. If you're familiar with my Brawl to PM porting tutorial (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77456.0), then I'm sure you know what you're here for.

That's right! I'll be teaching everyone how to port a PM PSA to Brawl.

For the most part, if you're familiar with my aforementioned tutorial, the process should be pretty simple, except with one disclaimer: The initial Project M cast may have module or GCT coding which enables or disables certain things for them. In this case, you'll need to do one of three things, or a combination of the three.

1.) If you have experience with Module editing, look inside their Module, and search for the section that relates to what you want to port from PM, and apply that to your Brawl Module.

2.) If the PM character has GCT codes needed for certain things to work, then you'll have to find which GCT code does what's needed, and insert that into your own GCT.

3.) Manually PSA code the character's functions. A direct example of this would be my Brawl port of Project M Lucario. I needed to do some manual PSA coding to get the On Hit Cancel and Aura system to work properly.

Since we have that out of the way, let's get started!

1.) Dash Sub Action
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


2.) Jab Sub Actions
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3.) Aerial Attack Sub Actions
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


4.) CliffCatch Sub Action.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


5.) CapturePulled Sub Actions.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


6.) Variable Changing.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These six steps are essential to making your PM character properly functional in Brawl, but don't think you're done yet, as there's still a few things you need to do to make your character's moveset actually fit in a Brawl environment, such as editing Attributes and Hitboxes, though you'll need to figure out how to go at that yourself.

If you run into any issues and/or have any questions, don't hesitate to reply.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Hi, there's a way to get the animations ro work in the ported psa?

Why is this even a question? Just use the Project M Fighter's FitFighterMotionEtc.pac and replace/insert the Brawl-specific animations. Example: Replace the EscapeN animation with Brawls, since Brawl air dodging doesn't end in helpless.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I asked that because  i tried to port a pm sheik with bouncing fish and while  I already did these steps and replace the motionect.pac it would play the animation when she transforms with a bit of momentum and then t pose instead of the jumping kick. It happened with other psas too,  sorry I asked so vaguely in first place.

If you have both the moveset and animation files, then you shouldn't be getting that T-Posing.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 01, 2017, 07:49:54 PM #5 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:57:59 PM by KingJigglypuff
I'll try it again,  maybe i didn't pay enough attention while replacing the files

If you still have the T-Posing issue after you've verified, take a look at the Down Special Action, and see which Sub Actions it references, then go to those Sub Actions and see if their names match any animations you have in your Motion file.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

My problem was that in mi ROM there is a common-en.pac that also has sheik motionetc files, I think I needed to report it in case there are other like me,  btw it worked great thanks.

Oh, for the common.pac, common4.pac, and common5.pac files, you can just use the ones from PM. Those files contain the animation files for transformation Fighters, but if you null those files like PM did, the motion files will be read from the respective Fighter's folder.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

A year old bump, I know, but I've discovered an additional thing one must do when porting a PM moveset to Brawl. It requires going to the CapturePulled Sub Actions, and inserting a Sound Effect command into them (the SFX ID is 0x53). I'll update the OP with the exact Sub Action IDs and names.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Hey, I've recently used these methods in transferring a PM Metal Sonic PSA into vbrawl with some success except with its black shield not showing up and the game freezing once the match is over. Any idea why that is happening?