Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disk Write Protection  (Read 2401 times)
FairKnight
Fighter of the Cosmos
Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Featured Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 27, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »

I have certain VERY annoying problem, I was supposed to release a stage today and my SD card was working well all weekend but now its saying write Protected so I cant load the new Stage to mY SD card to take pics, can anyone please give me a solution, Its usually solved when I remove my SD card and put it back in but now its acting stupid

-_____-

Vish
    Global Moderator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:07 PM »

There should be a switch or something on the SD card which makes it protected. Put it back.

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »

I tried that multiple times that usually solves it but it jsut keeps saying diskwrite on all of my SD cards, so im thinking it may be the adapter although it was working fine all day

Vish
    Global Moderator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

Try this:

This is not a reader or sofware specific issue..

To fix this issue put a piece of tape over the lock area..

This will resolve write protection issues with your SD Card.

After having this same issue andgoing through all sorts of methods this is the ONLY method that worked.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/11414-2-card-reader-card-write-protected

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:56 PM »

*sigh* tape isnt working, guess Its time I get a new reader or something

Vish
    Global Moderator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »

*sigh* tape isnt working, guess Its time I get a new reader or something

Before you do that, you can also try this:

The SD Cards' "Write Protection" issue is not a software issue or any computer related problem. It is not the problem with your SD card either. The real problem lies in the Card Reader itself, a stuck WRITE PROTECTION SWITCH in the card slot. Peer inside the slot and you can see on the left a copper lever switch. This is the WRITE PROTECT SWITCH.

If your card reader is out of warranty, you might want to do this simple repair yourself to save bucks:

Loosen the screws and open up your card reader. If you can have access to the card slot metal cover, you can see that there is a certain hole on the left just outside the copper switch we mentioned awhile ago. Confirm the location of the switch and if it is in line with this hole by peering once more inside the card slot.

Now insert a needle or a pin inside the hole and push slightly the lever away from the card slot wall, being careful not to breack the switch. This will cause the copper lever to bend slightly inwards from the card slot.

Test if you're successful with this repair. Without the cover on, connect the card reader to the computer and insert the SD card. If you can now manage to manipulate your files by erasing them, or formating your card, then you're done. Replace everything back inside the cover, and your done!

TheZac268™
    Extreme Kitten

I am THEZac268

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:39 AM »

I had that problem before, see I keep a backup of all my files on my SD card, I re-save a copy of all the new stuff every month or so(thats what saved me) but, when I would put my SD card in my computer and try to edit a something or open anything, it would say something about write protection, after many trials and errors, I finally got so pissed off that I just highlighted and deleted everything in my SD all at once, and it actually deleted them! Then I just copied all my back up files and pasted them back in there, and it worked! So, if you run out of ideas then you could always try deleting everything at once.  Undecided If you do so, I hope it helps.

vErTeX hAcKs HeRe
    tExTuRe HaCkS hErE

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »

I had that, try putting part of a paperclip(a thick one) into the switch slot.

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

I tried a lot of things last night, none of them really did work, ah well, I guess ill buy a new adapter I have the money to, once again thanks for all your help I really appreciated ^^ but sadly enough due to this stupid adapter I wasnt able to update the Blog

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: