Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421103 times)
irishladdie727
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: September 20, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »

Hey irishladdie727, have you started on your Squares Camo texture yet?

No...  I've got so much going on IRL right now stuff like that's kind of getting dropped.  However I got PCSX2, and now I'm trying to download the subsistence ISO, it's just been two weeks and it's barely halfway done...  It'll be a while.

So have you dropped the Squares Camo permanently, or will you attempt it at a later time? If permanently, I'll ask someone else or try to figure out how to do it myself. ~.~

Hey Eternal Yoshi, what's happening with the Smoking taunt? The ball is in your court, so to speak.
    Hey irishladdie727, have you started on your Squares Camo texture yet?

No...  I've got so much going on IRL right now stuff like that's kind of getting dropped.  However I got PCSX2, and now I'm trying to download the subsistence ISO, it's just been two weeks and it's barely halfway done...  It'll be a while.

So have you dropped the Squares Camo permanently, or will you attempt it at a later time? If permanently, I'll ask someone else or try to figure out how to do it myself. ~.~

Hey Eternal Yoshi, what's happening with the Smoking taunt? The ball is in your court, so to speak.

I plan to do as many camos as I can once I get the emulator working, but like I said, it might be another 2 weeks before the ISO finishes downloading. :/ Your call.  And in all likelihood all prioritize other stuff ahead of this when I get chances to do Brawl hacks since I feel like I've done a million Snake camos already.  But I still plan to get around to it when I can.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #271 on: September 20, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »

You guys got to check this out, I could never figure this one out at ALL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahoquWAf8c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahoquWAf8c</a>

Skip to 1:23 and tell me what you think.
    If you didn't notice it, Snake pointed the RPG upwards AT HIS OPPONENT!!

Now, all we got to do is assume if this is a hack, glitch, or it's actual fair gameplay. Now, if this is a glitch/real, we just need to find a PSA special action that will allow him to do this all the time. Of all my times Brawling with Snake, I have NEVER seen this.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:58:04 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: September 20, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »

@IL: Already did a lot of camos.

That was probably a glitch with the article because Snake has no base animations for angled fsmash and the parameters point directly to his normal fsmash.

That can be inserted for use at anytime by using an angled fsmash which can have it's own animations and parameters.

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #273 on: September 20, 2010, 11:20:04 PM »

@ IR:

As long as you're planning to texture the Squares Camo eventually, I'll leave it to you. I probably wouldn't do it justice. >_>

@ EY:

...So, it's possible to have Snake fire his RPG sideways, instead of into the ground? I'd love to see that at some point. Smiley

No rush on the taunts... Are you taking a break from them?

Also, which camos have you done so far?
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:26:30 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #274 on: September 20, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »

If the smoke prefectly alligns on one side, then making it work for the other should be a matter of making a goto to the working one.

I'm working on other stuff,

Like Guard Slayer Snake, Ice Grabbers, YI Crystal Caves, and 2 stages, one of which I can't begin because I don't have enough assets/resources.

Check this old thread for my archive of textures, including the camos.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=354.0

Here's an example of one.

Cold War Snake

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxtgdldiiz0

P.S. I aparrently had a WIP texture of Old shadow Moses Island(MGS4) but for some reason didn't finish it.
    I think it was because it needed more snoww on the walls.
    I got the decay, desaturation and rust down good and my new knowledge means I can add fog and retcon the lighting.
    I can also make the walls more flimsy and easier to break.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:19:24 AM by EternalYoshi » Logged

Sytilac
    Expert Kitten

CQC is the most basic form of combat

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:18 AM »

Random thought. What about a Shirtless MGS1 Snake. Like when He was tortured or when he fought Liquid?

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: September 22, 2010, 12:09:21 PM »

Random thought. What about a Shirtless MGS1 Snake. Like when He was tortured or when he fought Liquid?

I could do that. It shouldn't be too hard. I actually got his shirtless textures right now I could use in the making of it. I'll probably stick to the Liquid Body textures, just without the tatto etc. I'll just do that and take away all the weapons with the "No ammo packs Snake" model.

If you make a MGS4 Shadow Moses Island I would love to see it modeled to look the exact way it did in MGS. You know, the walls arn't interfering with the fight. Maybe I could [get somone to] just rip MGS:tts models...

If your wondering why I haven't updated that Snake pack I made (or "Metal Gear Solid finally comes to Brawl") I did, just texture fixes and I added the cloaking taunt. I might update it with MGS4 Big Boss and the Cigs taunt once they are done.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:19:42 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Sytilac
    Expert Kitten

CQC is the most basic form of combat

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #277 on: September 22, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »

Damn Wow everything looks great. Wish they worked with brawl Minus, since its all I play now. lol But MGS stuff is great addition to brawl

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: September 22, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

I plan on making available versions of the taunt packs that are compatible with the various Brawl mods, once the packs are finished.

BTW, Terminator, is that the original version of the Cloaking Device taunt that you've included in your pack? If it is, FYI: Eternal Yoshi made a second version with at least two bug fixes - but he has not released it yet. Ask him about it.

Lastly, Eternal Yoshi: It's fine if you want to work on other projects for a while, but would you give us an update on the new taunts? I posted some questions for you in the smashboards thread (mostly on page 10) - I'd appreciate it if you would answer them soon.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:13:11 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #279 on: September 22, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's the latest. It still has the "lifting off box" animation forever, but it's not a big deal.

Once he releases the update to that and I get the MGS4 Big Boss trophy working it may be worthy for update. Oh, and I did what you did Bent - I fused Pik's Old Snake face with the better seperate body texture, and it comes out epic. 

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:53 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's the latest. It still has the "lifting off box" animation forever, but it's not a big deal.

Yeah, that's the original version, the only version of the Cloaking Device Eternal Yoshi has released so far.

(...You did get his permission to include his new taunts, right?)

Once he releases the update to that and I get the MGS4 Big Boss trophy working it may be worthy for update. Oh, and I did what you did Bent - I fused Pik's Old Snake face with the better seperate body texture, and it comes out epic.

Right, that's the easy part. Did you also add Gyarando's Solid Eye to Pik's face texture? I did, and I also touched up the Solid Eye strap that runs under Snake's ear, and added the missing strap that runs through Snake's hair:

See it in the upper left corner?

I'll upload it ASAP, so you can use it in your next pack if you like (assuming Pik and Gyarando don't mind).
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:21:15 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: September 22, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »

I most certainly got permission from Eternal Yoshi. I know Pik on xat, and he says it's fine.
    Not sure about Gyarando, but I'm sure he won't mind eiether. Also, if you noticed, I updated the eye textures that were ripped from TTS. I used them in all the textures except Big Boss.

No, I didn't add the Solid Eye, I might just update it quickly.  
    Why won't we go on www.xat.com/Solid_Snake to talk about this? Others are welcome.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:29:25 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: September 22, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »

Also, if you noticed, I updated the eye textures that were ripped from TTS. I used them in all the textures except Big Boss.

Nice touch. Any idea why most Snake texture hacks have a different teeth texture than the original Brawl Snake?

No, I didn't add the Solid Eye, I might just update it quickly.

Save yourself the trouble - just use the hybrid version I made (that upper left strap was a bit tricky to place properly). I'll upload it ASAP.

Update: Here you go, I think this is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i1ic5bhcsibmdvv

If that's not the Old Snake hybrid with my minor Solid Eye edits, tell me and I'll fix it.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:49:59 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: September 22, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »

Nice touch. Any idea why most Snake texture hacks have a different teeth texture than the original Brawl Snake?

The reason for this is in my MGS:TTS Snake texture I textured his teeth to look better. It's originally yellow, and I didn't like that. I noticed Irishladdie's Liquid Snake had the white teeth and the MGS:TTS ripped eyes. It's obvious he used my hack for his hack. Lol, it dosn't matter.

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: September 22, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »

Ah, I see. Did you check out the MGS4 Old Snake Hybrid I uploaded?

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: