Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421336 times)
TruePhilosopher
Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #630 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:42 AM »

Look what I stumbled in to! MGS fans FTW!!!  AWESOME 2.0!

*Ahem*  Im srs here

Lot's of cool ideas floating around here and I like it.  I agree that Brawl needs more MGS.  Maybe if I can find something that catches my eye I'll try to make a stage?  We'll see.  Currently I'm working on a SMB3 stage, but after that's all said and done then maybe.

Also I want to put my two cents in and say that pretty boy Raiden should go over an outfit of Snake seeing as how they have the exact same moves...MGS4 Raiden on the other hand should definitely be an alt. outfit of Grey Fox.

Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #631 on: June 18, 2011, 05:42:58 AM »

Hey, if you could rip PS X/2/P models, that would be nice. Some of us would like the top of REX/Tselinoyarsk bridge/one of the MGO+ battlefields.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #632 on: June 18, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

Those models are usless. We need them in MDL0 form. That is until we get a way to convert them...
    Textures on the other hand are extremely useful.

Now we are talking about MGO?
    LC-DDM do you play MGO?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #633 on: June 18, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »

I'm actually installing MGO as we speak, probably using it for a test run before adventuring.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #634 on: June 19, 2011, 04:23:57 PM »

It took me like 1 day to finish the installation. Then half a day too make a PSN account. Lol.

MGO is fun. I actually enjoyed it better than any COD game.
    Add me.
    My MGO name is xxTerminatorxx.
    Go to Combat Training a lot since I go there a ton.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #635 on: June 19, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »

Don't you have MSN or something so we can speak further?

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #636 on: June 20, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

I have xat. www.xat.com/Solid_Snake

I'll try to be on a lot today.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #637 on: June 20, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »

Right on, dude. I'll go there right now.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #638 on: July 07, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »

Somone should make a MGS4 Middle Eastern stage, the place where the PMC snipers are slaughtering the local milita at the begaining of the game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_6MMUhaiQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_6MMUhaiQ</a>
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:41:50 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #639 on: July 26, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »

Hey, I'm back.  I'm basically going to tell everybody what I told Terminator and say that I'll try my best to express deliver some long forgotten hacks in the month before I go to college.  That said, my life would be much easier if we could just get the complete texture rips from twin snakes, MGS2 Substance, mgs3, and now I guess Peace Walker.  I don't know to what extent ripping 3DS textures could be easier, but perhaps MGS3D might be less difficult to mess with.  Also, can anyone explain to me why we have EVA's MGS3 textures but literally nobody else's?  If it was possible to get hers, it should be possible to get everyone's.  I know she's teh hawtness and all, but I could be finished with my boss model if I had her in game textures.  I know it's time consuming and tedious, but clearly mariokart64n DID IT SUCCESSFULLY months before we even started trying, he just ripped the hot girl and lost interest after that.  Somebody needs to get him to help us if he's still around so we can just have all of the damn textures and be done with it.  And I don't want them all sitting on somebody's hard drive, I want mediafire links to every character MGS1-3, IN THIS THREAD.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #640 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »

It's because no one here can rip stuff from MGS3 like MK64N. My PC, 3D ripper DX, and PCSX2 Do not mix. PCSX2 crashes when I try to load the game when using it. Updating doesn't help either Sad

I UL'd extracts of Raiden and Solidus quite some time ago.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pjcwc71u0ptru4s
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fcxqn8m354bqya9

If anyone cares, I recently remembered that I can rip SFX from MGS2. Do keep in mind that due to the large number of .sdx files, finding the right sound will take time, but I found all of Solidus's battle SFX.

Last time I checked TTS with dolphin, it crashed, but I think that the graphics are fixed in V3.
    Maybe the crash is too.

I am snarled in many other things(Sora, Lyn, GF, Mega Man, PM, IRL stuff), but I will never forget this stuff in the thread.
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:36:31 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #641 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »

Back from the dead, more like. XD
    Glad to see you back though.

And I asked MK64n about how he ripped those textures. Basically, he just got lucky. All I know is that the textures were ripped on Windows XP using 3D Ripper DX, a DirectX plugin and PCSX2 0.9.6, and that every time the textures fail to dump correctly, you must restart the program.

Every time I tried to rip Snake's camouflage/facepaint textures, they were incomplete (ie. missing jaw, eye, body.) I think the key would be to rip the textures during a cutscene that changes Snake's appearance from any camouflage/facepaint to the ones chosen, because of the way PCSX2 handles textures. MK64n ripped EVA's and Snake's textures during a cutscene, so it might work.

...But this would take a massive amount of time, and one that I couldn't spare for a small cause. However, if I got some help on this I would try again...
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:40:37 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #642 on: July 27, 2011, 02:14:18 PM »

how's sniper wolf going Irishladdie?
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:28:28 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #643 on: August 04, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »

Sniper Wolf is pretty much wherever she was last time I posted, sorry.  I was working on about twenty hacks at once when I went AWOL, and some were receiving priority over her, in particular an essentially complete version of the Masked Man from Mother 3, and a Samurai Meta Knight.  And I'd be glad to help in whatever way I can Friedslick, but I'm just letting you know, I tried running the PSX emulator on my laptop way back when, and while I could technically get the MGS3 ROM to "load", not even the first cutscene would play all the way through (at about 1 FPS no less) before crashing.  I know the textures are a pain to rip, I just really want to finish my Boss vertex, because I want to say that was the first hack I started, and it would be nice if I had the real textures.  I think once the 3DS version comes out it should be a lot easier to rip those (although who knows), but that release has apparently been pushed till next year and I'm going to college in twenty days.

I'll try and at least finish Sniper Wolf for you, since I would be kind of a [censored] to just leave you hanging, although I hate vertexing hair like nothing else, I think I may have gotten better at it since working on that Liquid hack.  The problem is I'm just really, really rusty, and really, really preoccupied.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #644 on: August 04, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »

oh, and just recently I managed to fix EVA's color glitch. I'll keep you posted. I'll post it on bv later when I have time.

Will you be modeling sniper wolf (For example, to have a so-called skirt), even though you're really rusty?

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: