Essential PSA Information

Started by Segab, August 04, 2009, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

I have two questions

Firsty:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?odnz2mdgkri Does this PSA have that file bug error? I just read it and I think it was saying it dosn't I just want to make sure

Seccondly:
I'm fixing someones PSA which was corrupted by 1.3 and it's for mario after editing two movfes it went from 216 to 240 KB how high can mario's file go? (I've been using the Save As trick to stop the file size)

Okay, if anyone finds the flag for giga-bowser's Down Smash please tel me! That is all

Hey guys, I did some quick experementing and found out some things. Note that I said QUICK testing. You should probably experement on these yourselves too since u know more about psa than me ^_^;; this is all part of my quest to find the electric/Ice flag if there is one. I'm sure there is, otherwise they wouldn't put it in the game right? XP Here's what I've found so far.

19: does nothing
20: Seems to be a "harder" hit(at least I assume so, the 'contact' graphic changes and the person is sent flying a little further, I also noted a 'smoke' trail from the opponent)
21: does nothing
22:Kind of interesting, does a sort of slash hit graphic.(I think it's from one of the pokemon or an assist trophy :s)
23:kind of interesting, similar to 3, but with more sparks and some white sparkles. also shows some sparks around where the hitbox is and not just the target.
24: Same as 4 but with some blue sparkles around the contact area (4just freezes you)
25:same as 5 but with some longer lasting fire graphics
26:Mario's coin again
27:Mario's cape again
28:Pretty interesting, makes the opponent trip on their ass xD (like forward flip then hit their butt)
29: Sleep again
30:nothing that I can see
31: same as 21
32:Yet another alternative 'hit' graphic
33:Darkness again
34:sort of interesting stun, throws you back a bit after the shaking stops(if you're hit by it)
35: Lucario's aura thing (the blue smoke when you're hit by the attack)
36: Impale again (this time with the graphic )
37:Very interesting, plasters your opponent to the ground in the t pose for a bit(same as a stun though)
38:Kinda cool, does all the damage but doesn't move the opponent ANY, they like, just stand there like you didn't hit them at all lol
39: does nothing significant
40: OMG found it! haha syke, but it is interesting. It's the 'hit' graphic when you're smacked with the paper fan ^_^
41:nothing interesting
42:wooo another hit graphic...

Thanks to a nice tip I now know how to get the electric/ice thing X_X ugh saved me a ton of searching, oh well, found some hilarious stuff though huh? xD

July 25, 2010, 10:16:33 PM #168 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:19:08 PM by Hollow
What is the event: 25062000? It has 31 parameters.

And 40064000? It has 63 parameters.

And 00007FFE? It has 126 parameters.

July 27, 2010, 08:32:44 PM #169 Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:14:20 PM by Sumire Omelette
I think this will help you:


Quote from: DantarionCommands are mostly like this.

XXYYPPEE

XX = Command Category. Most commands that share the first two numbers involve the same stuff.
YY = Command ID
VV = Number of Parameters
EE = External or not. From what I can tell, anything with a 01 here is a subroutine in another file. For example, Mario's up+b calls specialJumpAttack, which is defined in Fighter.pac

I have a question about If: Button pressed that's causing me some problems in Ganondorf's new AirLow attack.

I have it set to that if button E (A and B at the same time) is pressed, then it's supposed to change the attack to a different element. and different graphics and hit sound effects. but whenever I do it in game it goes to his special low Air?

Also
If Button Pressed = Tapped once?
If Button Press = Held down?
If Button Released = not pressed at all?

When clicking on the list of graphic effects it just takes me to a site that gives out computers. Is there any other place I can go to find them? I need it for my ice luigi PSA.

October 25, 2010, 08:27:44 PM #172 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:40:39 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n
Found out some VERY useful info on the Hitbox Flags and how they work overall in the OpenSA wiki site.  I'll try to explain it as best I can:

The Flags are basically these things called "Bits" (not to be confused with the Variable RA Bit etc).  Bits are shown in hex in PSA, and are made up of a single hex number.  

This hex number is equivalent to 4 Bits which are shown in Binary.  Here's a reference list showing all the Hex->Binary Bit conversions:

Hex         Binary
0             0000
1             0001
2             0010
3             0011
4             0100
5             0101
6             0110
7             0111
8             1000
9             1001
A             1010
B             1011
C             1100
D             1101
E             1110
F             1111  

To understand this further, take a common example of a full Flag list like 39030200:

Hex: 39030200
Binary: 0011 1001 0000 0011 0000 0010 0000 0000

Now the general rule for this is that:
If a Binary digit = 0, the bit is NOT set
If a Binary digit = 1, the bit IS set


Here is what each Bit roughly means for regular Offensive Collisions:

Bits 1-4 (???): Unknown what they do, but pretty much all of them are either at 0011, 0010, 0001 and occasionally 0000.  

This means the Flag Hex number should always be 0, 1, 2 or 3

Bit 5 (Priority): This affects the hitbox's priority.  If set to 0, the priority is low and won't "clang" with other attacks.  If set to 1, the priority is higher and will "clang with other attacks.

This means the Flag Hex number should be 0 to 7 for low priority, and 8 to F for high priority.

Bits 6-10 (Type): These are only important for Subspace Emissary.  They affect what kind of type the attack is (for sticker upgrades) e.g. Arm, Tail, Fire, Explosive etc

Bits 11-14 (???): Again unknown, but all hitboxes have the Binary digits set at 0000.

This means that the Flag Hex number should always be 0

Bits 15-16 (Ground and Aerial): These affect whether the hitbox can hit both grounded and aerial enemies.  In almost all cases, these are both set to 1.

This means that the Flag Hex number should always be 1, 2 or (usually) 3 (so that Bits 13-14 stay at 00)

Bits 17-18 (???): Again unknown and like Bits 11-14, they are always set at 00.

This means that the Flag Hex number should always be 0, 1, 2 or 3

Bits 19-26 (Sound):  These affect what sound the attack makes when it hits.  If the attack does no damage, the sound does not play

Bit 27 (???): Yet another unknown and another than is always at 0

Bits 28-32 (Effect): Currently the only ones that we know properly at the moment.  These are what give an attack a certain effect (e.g. Slash, Coin, Stun etc).  They do not overlap like the others.


But that's just the beginning.  These Bits are completely different for Special Offensive Collisions:

Bits 1-7 (???): Competely unknown at the moment

Bit 8 (Absorbability): Determines whether or not a move can be absorbed by Oil Panik or PSi Magnet. 0 means it cannot be absorbed.  1 means it can.

This means that the Flag Hex value has to be odd (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7 etc) to be absorbable, or even (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc) for it not to be absorbable.

Bit 9 (Reflectability): Determines whether or not a move can be reflected.  0 means it cannot be reflected.  1 means it can.

This means that the Flag Hex value has to 0 to 7 for it not to be reflectable or 8 to F for it to be reflectable.

Bit 10 (Reflectability/Blockability): Determines whether or not a move can be blocked or not (shielded or reflected). 

This means that the Flag Hex value has to be 4 to 7 or C to F for it to be blockable.  Every other value means that it cannot be blocked.

Bits 11-12 (???): Again, unknown.  Always at 00

This means that the Flag Hex value has to always be 0, 4, 8 or 12.

Bits 13-26 (Hit Bits): These affect what kind of targets the Bits can hit.  Not too much is known except the following:
Bit 17: Damageable Floors
Bit 18: Damageable Walls
Bit 19: Damageable Ceilings
Bit 26: Smashers (?)

Bits 27-29 (???): Yay for unknowns.  This one we know nothing about whatsoever.

Bits 30-32 (Angle Flipping/Knockback Reversal Toggle): These bits are strange ones.  Normally an attack will always send the opponent away from the attacker but these allow you to control things so that the opponent goes in a direction depending on factors like which way the attacker is facing.  More research is needed.

Well that's it really.  I got all this info from here: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Hitbox_Flags_(Brawl)

I simply tried to simplify it and make it a tad more understandable.  I will post pure examples in a post below this one.

         

Mabye this is necro'd but some of the links are wrong
Feel teh powah of Phazon

This program keeps giving me errors.  I downloaded it with all the text files including the instructions ( smash attacks program ).  Apparently there are issues with vista/7.  Is anyone running this program on vista or 7, or is everyone using xp?

Have you tried the compatibility mode? That should work.

Hey, i have a question. I want to give a character a move. I want to make it so that darkness will rise around lucario and do damage to whoever touches the darkness. However, i want it to impact an area twice the width of lucario. How would i do this?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Sorry to be a bother, but if I wanted to get rid of Peach's floating what would I do?

And if I wanted to give her a walljump, what do I do then?

I'm starting to learn PSA, and I want to learn how to make a character glide/walljump when they originally couldn't. I've seen it on a Dark Link PSA.

Also, how do I give a character more than one moveset that I can change at will by using taunts? I've seen some PSA characters that do this.

@Darkrai - you need special IC constant codes for enabling the Glide and Walljump, then You have to have appropriate animations in the MotionEtc and placed in the proper subactions of PSA. PM me for questions cause this is necro-ing