Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: ToonJDub's Guide to Riivolution  (Read 52961 times)
JDub
Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 22, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »

ToonJDub's
    Riivolution Guide

This forum is lacking in a guide for Riivolution, so here yah go.

Table of Contents

1. The Setup
        1.1 Using Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, Project M, etc.
        1.2 The Riivolution Channel

2. Using Ocarina Codes

3. F.A.Q

4. Things to Note
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Setup
    (Note: This is uneeded if your loading BBrawl, Brawl+, Brawl -, etc.)  
        Setting up Riivolution is fairly easy. First, download Riivolution and extract the apps folder to the root of the SD Card, or merge it if you have other apps. Then create another folder in the root of your SD card and name it Riivolution. Next, download this .xml and put it in the Riivolution folder. Riivolution uses .xml's to tell it where the files it needs patch are and what there are called. There are a few .xml's, but the one I provided is one that uses the same directories and file names as the File Patch Code, only the files that save with an _en at the end need the _en. Now, make a folder, name it config, and put this .xml in it. You should be all set up for loading all you files for Riivolution.

1.1 Using Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, Project M, etc.
        To load mods like Brawl+, download this .xml, place it in Riivolution folder and name it modlauncher.xml and dowload codehandler.bin and place it in the Riivolution folder as well. Now, this .xml does not have File Patch Code support, so the files go in a different location. You can also toggle between Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M.

File Locations
    =========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anythin that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.

Quoted from the modlauncher.xml instructions.

1.2 The Riivolution Channel
        When your at the screen for Riivolution, you'll notice an install button. Basically, what this will do is install a channel to launch Riivolution.

2. Using Ocarina Codes
    (Unneeded if loading Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, Project M, etc.)
        Ocarina codes are sometimes necessary for loading things like a CSS. But loading Ocarina codes, you need a separate .xml for it. Just download codehandler.bin (download above) and ocarina.xml, shove 'em in the Riivolution folder in the apps folder and the Riivolution folder in the root, put your RSBE01.gct in the codes folder like normal, and there, your codes are loaded.
    NOTE: Do NOT use the File Patch Code when using Riivolution!

3. F.A.Q
    Q. Why won't it let me save replays or snapshots to my SD Card?
        A. Riivolution ends up locking the SD Card to load the files. For a solution to the snapshot problem, just take the snapshot, save it to your Wii, start up brawl normally, and copy the snapshot to your SD card.

Q. Does Riivolution work with Back-Up's?
        A. No it does not.

4. Things to Note
    • There's no file size limit on any file to my knowledge, so go crazy.
    • When using Riivolution, .pac files that overpower another when using the FPC are reversed and, in my experience, cause freezing. To fix this, just put the file that is overpowered in the overpowering file (i.e replacing your custom sc_selmap.pac with the one in common5_en.pac)

(Credit to Midnite for some of the downloads and the info on the whole Brawl Mod thing in his guide. Never used stuff like Brawl+ Tongue.)
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:49:14 PM by ToonJDub » Logged

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

To add to all of this, when using the File Patch Code, you had to remove the _en part of file names before using them.

When using Riivolution, the _en part has to be added to certain files; Ex.: FitCaptain01, FitPokeTrainerFinal##, etc..  Of course, you can set up your XML document in a way so that even if the file lacks the _en, it would still be recognized.

The spoiler below contains an example XML document that I did up while doing some tests with Riivolution.

Code:
    <wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <options>
    <section name="File Replacement">
    <option name="SSBB Folder">
    <choice name="Enabled">
    <patch id="ssbbfolder" />
    </choice>
    </option>
    <option name="US File Patch">
    <choice name="Enabled">
    <patch id="usfilepatch" />
    </choice>
    </option>
    </section>
    <section name="Codes">
    <option name="Ocarina Codes">
    <choice name="Enabled">
    <patch id="ocarinabase" />
    <patch id="vihook" />
    <patch id="ocarinacodes" />
    </choice>
    </option>
    </section>
    </options>
    <patch id="ssbbfolder">
    <folder external="/ssbb" recursive="false" />
    <folder external="/ssbb" disc="/" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="usfilepatch">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" />
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac"  disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac"  disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac"  disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac"  disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac"  disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac"                disc="/info2/info_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_mg.pac"             disc="/info2/info_mg_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_boss_battle.pac"    disc="/info2/info_boss_battle_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_boss_battle_mg.pac" disc="/info2/info_boss_battle_mg_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_corps.pac"          disc="/info2/info_corps_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_corps_mg.pac"       disc="/info2/info_corps_mg_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_homerun.pac"        disc="/info2/info_homerun_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_homerun_mg.pac"     disc="/info2/info_homerun_mg_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_training.pac"       disc="/info2/info_training_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info_training_mg.pac"    disc="/info2/info_training_mg_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/adventure/selchrcd_common.brres" disc="/menu/adventure/selchrcd_common_en.brres" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/common/CharaFaceTex.brres" disc="/menu/common/CharaFaceTex_en.brres" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/common/StockFaceTex.brres" disc="/menu/common/StockFaceTex_en.brres" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/main/MenuRule.pac" disc="/menu/main/MenuRule_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/selmap_common/Selmap_common.brres" disc="/menu/selmap_common/Selmap_common_en.brres" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/tournament/TourGame.brres" disc="/menu/tournament/TourGame_en.brres" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_adv_seal.pac"     disc="/menu2/sc_adv_seal_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_adv_selmap.pac"   disc="/menu2/sc_adv_selmap_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_sel_event.pac"    disc="/menu2/sc_sel_event_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.pac"    disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGGW.pac"         disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN.pac"    disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.pac"     disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.pac"    disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.pac"   disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac"     disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.pac"    disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac" />

<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/if_adv_mngr.pac" disc="/menu2/if_adv_mngr_en.pac" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase">
    <memory valuefile="/codes/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
    <memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="vihook">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinacodes">
    <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
    </patch>
    </wiidisc>

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »

Next, download this .xml and put it in the Riivolution folder. Riivolution uses .xml's to tell it where the files it needs patch are and what there are called. There are a few .xml's, but the one I provided is one that uses the same directories and file names as the File Patch Code, only the files that save with an _en at the end need the _en.

That link goes to a blank page...  Undecided

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:07:39 AM »

i like riivolution and all, but the only problem is the custom css doesnt work with it. Did anyone ever get the Flaming Blue CSS working in riivolution??? Sad

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »

i like riivolution and all, but the only problem is the custom css doesnt work with it. Did anyone ever get the Flaming Blue CSS working in riivolution??? Sad

From what I dug up, you need to import that file into common5.pac in order to get it to work with Riivolution.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 06:40:37 AM »

From what I dug up, you need to import that file into common5.pac in order to get it to work with Riivolution.
    Yep I got the Flaming Blue CSS working fine when it was put into the common5_en.pac

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »

Yep I got the Flaming Blue CSS working fine when it was put into the common5_en.pac

was it the sexy version? not the normal version? if so could u plz send me that and your gct? i know it sounds weird how it doesnt work but ive made countless tries. and i did the common5 and _en renaming.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »

Next, download this .xml and put it in the Riivolution folder. Riivolution uses .xml's to tell it where the files it needs patch are and what there are called. There are a few .xml's, but the one I provided is one that uses the same directories and file names as the File Patch Code, only the files that save with an _en at the end need the _en.

That link goes to a blank page...  Undecided
    Right Click, Save As. There.

was it the sexy version? not the normal version? if so could u plz send me that and your gct? i know it sounds weird how it doesnt work but ive made countless tries. and i did the common5 and _en renaming.
    Yah sure. I assume you don't want the one on my SD Card with all my CSPs do you?

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »

That link goes to a blank page...  Undecided

Yah sure. I assume you don't want the one on my SD Card with all my CSPs do you?

i can rereplace them easily, just by replacing char_bus_tex. PLZ send it soon! Cheesy

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

That link goes to a blank page...  Undecided

Thanks.  Still kind of getting the hang of this... Sorry.
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:35:52 PM by irishladdie727 » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »

"Then create another folder in the root of your SD card and name it Riivolution. Next, download this .xml and put it in the Riivolution folder."

how do i download it? it just leads to the xml, no DL. i tried to paste it and notepad and save it as .xml but it wouldnt work when i opened it, plz help! this is the last step i need to do. Sad
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:38:54 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »

"Then create another folder in the root of your SD card and name it Riivolution. Next, download this [color] .xml [/color] and put it in the Riivolution folder."

how do i download it? it just leads to the xml, no DL. i tried to paste it and notepad and save it as .xml but it wouldnt work when i opened it, plz help! this is the last step i need to do. Sad
    Right click, Save As. I think the thing is that .xml files can only open in Internet Explorer and since most of use here use Chrome or Firefox, we can't see them when we click the link.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »

MY Firefox opens xml files just fine. It tells you if there's an error in the tags, just like Internet Explorer does.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »

Oh. Maybe I'm just stupid Tongue.

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »

Where do I put all of my moveset/Motion files? In the texture folder as well?

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
    Print
    Jump to: