Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mewtwo Voice With Riivolution / General Riivolution Help (Rant)  (Read 5094 times)
irishladdie727
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »

First of all, I'm not an idiot, so don't treat me like one when you answer this.  not impressed

I say this because I've noticed a growing trend when people ask for help with Riivolution.  They're either completely ignored, vaguely pointed in the direction of other sites, or talked down to like "you ought to know this already noob" and barely helped at all.

I've been faithfully downloading all of the excellent AGFanProduction Mewtwo updates, got mariokart64n's model and some textures, and took some good looking snapshots and shooped them into CSP's.  The character select screen even says "Mewtwo", but the announcer does not, and he sounds like Lucario when he fights. So I decided to try using "Riivolution" in order to get the sound pack to work.  I got Riivolution to work all by myself, and I got it to work pretty damn well!  I even meticulously edited the file patch code out of my RSBE01.gct using HXD so that all of my other codes (alloys, unrestricted camera, etc...) would work with Riivolution.  And they did!  But no matter what I did, there were always some gripes I had with Riivolution:

1. It requires you to have multiple copies of the SAME files in multiple places on your SD card if you want to play a replacement mod.  For instance, I play Brawl +, which means I have to get rid of my "pf" directory and have an identical "ssbb" folder on the root of my SD card just so Riivolution can read the game, and then an IDENTICAL "brawlplus" folder within an even larger "brawlmods" (also includes half of the same files) folder on the root of the SD.  Being able to load up vBrawl, Brawl +, or Brawl - from the same card whenever I want on the fly is a nice feature, yes.  Taking up more than half of my SD card with 3 or 4 copies of the same flipping files is not.  I know that there's a networking feature (that doesn't come with any kind of instructions at all), but again, multiple gigs of my work/school/music hard drive devoted to multiple copies of the same Brawl textures is not an investment I want to make.

2. I'm stuck with an OOOOOLD version of Brawl + and the other mods.  Brawl + has now gone Gold, although I haven't gotten the update because it gets rid of custom stages (they're my first babies).  I don't know what version I have, but it's the one that downloads from the Homebrew Updatifier and comes with Weegee in the opening video, the unrestrained camera integrated, and other such magnificence.  The version Riivolution confines you to doesn't have these things, it even has the normal Brawl title screen, which makes me believe that it's a very old version and the differences are pretty miniscule.  The Riivolution people don't seem to have any intention of keeping their XML's up to date.  If you use Riivolution and want to play Brawl +, you're stuck with a woefully out of date version.

3.  Can't take snapshots and save them to the SD card because the "pf" folder is gone.  If you don't have in game snapshots with you Vault uploads, they get reported.  This is perfectly reasonable, but now that I know Riivolution keeps you from saving snapshots to your SD (maybe there are other methods of getting them to your computer?), I kind of feel for all of those people who have to use Brawlbox screens.  I could keep the pf folder, but that would mean another 300 mb or so of my SD card gone to make space for files that are already on there... TWICE.

4.  The Mewtwo voice brsar doesn't even work.  No matter where I put it.  The download says to put it in pf/sound, and to use riivolution.  These are contradicting statements, since riivolution doesn't read files from the pf directory...  So I put it ssbb/sound.  Doesn't work.  I put it in brawlmods/music.  No change.  I put in brawlmods/brawlplus/sound. Nada.  I put it in ALL THREE! (bare in mind that the brsar file is over 100 mb and this officially fills my SD card to full capacity)  Again, I arrive at the character select screen, select "Mewtwo", and am told, rather passionately by the announcer, that NAY!  I have selected "Lucario" once again.

So...  I said screw Riivolution, got rid of the 1.3 GB of cloned brawl files, restored the pf folder to its rightful place, and decided I'd wait till somebody figured out a different way to put sound files in Brawl.  This new hexpack stuff looks promising... but oh wait.  It requires Riivolution.   I see what you did there ...  Look I got it to work, but there were A LOT of problems.  This does not need to be something Brawl modders start relying on by any means.  Unless of course, I was going about it incorrectly.   If this is going to be the way we hack Brawl now, what was I doing wrong?
    TL;DR: I know how to use Riivolution, I just think it sucks.  Read #4 above, tell me what to fix, and I might be willing to compromise.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:34:52 PM by irishladdie727 » Logged

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »

1. There's actually a .xml that uses the same directories as the file patch code just with _en where it's needed

2. No, there's a way to use up-to-date Brawl+, Brawl-, etc. You can refer to this guide I made to get it to work.

3. Just take a snapshot, save them to the Wii, start up Brawl normally, and transfer the snapshot. It's tedious but it works.

4. See answer 1.

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

Kitty-Korp's Self-Proclaimed Super Saiyan 3

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »

I'm having similar problems. I can't seem to get the Orcania codes working even though I put that xml file in. Either its bad, I put it in the wrong place, or I did something wrong that I'm not even sure of.

Real men use Peach

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »

you need codehandler.bin and put in under the riivolution folder on the root of your sd/usb

yoshine
    Advanced Kitten

(insert wittyness here)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »

I've tried using it for ocarina before it must be running an error with out telling on the screen because of the 255 code line limit and the fact that its not integrated into riivolution

thats because there is nothing that will make riivolution run the gameconfig.txt file
    that over rides the limit...

Or at least I haven't found anything so I'm just sticking with gecko for a while
    sound hacks are some serious [censored]  Undecided
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:42:08 PM by yoshine » Logged

Weegee may read all your pictures but I don't.

Love~ Yoshine
    __###_______###
    _#___#_____#___#_
    #__####___#__####
    #___###___#___###
    _#___#_____#####
    __###_____#_____##
    ___________________##
    __##____##__________##
    ___########________##
    ____########_____###
    ______############
    _______________#
    __________####

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »

Riivolution should be able to handle more than 255 lines of code on its own. At least, I've never had any problems with doing so. You do need codehandler.bin in the Riivolution folder.

Also, the people who make Riivolution don't make the XML to go with it. In fact, it's Bionic Sonic who made the one where you use the "brawlmods" folder. If you want one that looks for files in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf like Gecko does, use this:
    Code:
    <wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <!--This XML is designed to match the paths for the File Replacement Code.-->
    <options>
    <section name="Smash Bros. Brawl">
    <option name="File Replacement" default="1">
    <choice name="Enabled"><patch id="on" /></choice>
    </option>
    <option name="Codes" default="1">
    <!--Codes must be in /data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct; if they aren't, change the path near the end of this file-->
    <choice name="VI"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="KPAD"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="Joypad"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="GXDraw"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="GXFlush"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="OSSleep"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="AxNextFrame"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    </option>
    </section>
    </options>
    <patch id="on">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" recursive="true"/>
    <!--These aren't all the _en files on the disc, but they're probably the only ones you'll need.-->
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/> <!--Gecko looks in pfmenu2 for mu_menumain-->
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter2.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selmap_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_en.pac"/>
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
    <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="codes">
    <memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
    <memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
    <memory valuefile="/data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
    </patch>
    </wiidisc>
    I made that pretty quick by copying/pasting/replacing some code. It should work.
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:00:09 AM by libertyernie » Logged

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:58:51 AM »

you need codehandler.bin and put in under the riivolution folder on the root of your sd/usb
    Ah I see. I had that inside the folder.
    Riivolution should be able to handle more than 255 lines of code on its own. At least, I've never had any problems with doing so. You do need codehandler.bin in the Riivolution folder.

Also, the people who make Riivolution don't make the XML to go with it. In fact, it's Bionic Sonic who made the one where you use the "brawlmods" folder. If you want one that looks for files in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf like Gecko does, use this:
    Code:
    <wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <!--This XML is designed to match the paths for the File Replacement Code.-->
    <options>
    <section name="Smash Bros. Brawl">
    <option name="File Replacement" default="1">
    <choice name="Enabled"><patch id="on" /></choice>
    </option>
    <option name="Codes" default="1">
    <!--Codes must be in /data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct; if they aren't, change the path near the end of this file-->
    <choice name="VI"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="KPAD"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="Joypad"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="GXDraw"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="GXFlush"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="OSSleep"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    <choice name="AxNextFrame"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /><patch id="codes"/></choice>
    </option>
    </section>
    </options>
    <patch id="on">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" recursive="true"/>
    <!--These aren't all the _en files on the disc, but they're probably the only ones you'll need.-->
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/> <!--Gecko looks in pfmenu2 for mu_menumain-->
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter2.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selmap_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.PAC"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom1.rel" disc="/module/st_custom1.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom2.rel" disc="/module/st_custom2.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom3.rel" disc="/module/st_custom3.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom4.rel" disc="/module/st_custom4.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom5.rel" disc="/module/st_custom5.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom6.rel" disc="/module/st_custom6.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom7.rel" disc="/module/st_custom7.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom8.rel" disc="/module/st_custom8.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_custom9.rel" disc="/module/st_custom9.rel" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM2.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM2.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM3.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM3.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM4.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM4.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM5.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM5.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM6.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM6.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM7.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM7.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM8.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM8.pac" create="true" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM9.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM9.pac" create="true" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
    <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="codes">
    <memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
    <memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
    <memory valuefile="/data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
    </patch>
    I made that pretty quick by copying/pasting/replacing some code. It should work.
    Sorry if this sounds like a noobish question (since there is no such thing as stupid questions), but how do I save this?

Real men use Peach

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »

Copy it all into a blank Notepad window, then save it in the riivolution folder as "[anything].xml" (you can name it anything you want, but it has to have .xml at the end and you have to put it in quotes.) Also make sure there are no other Brawl XMLs in the riivolution folder, or it will load them both (I think.)

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »

Er....I keep getting this error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tags were not closed: wiidisc. Error processing resource 'file:///F:/riivolution/(SSBB).xml'.

I'm sorry. I'm still learning how to do all of this stuff...

Real men use Peach

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »

That's because I messed up. Add </wiidisc> at the end. I'll edit my post to do that too.

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »

That's because I messed up. Add </wiidisc> at the end. I'll edit my post to do that too.
    Yep that did it, and I got the sound working too...I think.

Real men use Peach

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »

(Sorry for the double post).

Yeah I messed up on the hex coding. Apparently I took out some of the other character's announcer sounds when putting Mewtwo's in. Could someone help me with that?

Real men use Peach

Blue Surge
    Hyper Kitten

Mine is a drill that will pierce the heavens!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

Once Riivolution reads like the File Replacement Code, where do you put the sound mod?

<br />Awesome Face I download a lot of cool stuff.

BlazingBarrager
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 04:54:47 PM »

You put it in the "sound" file in your pf folder.

Real men use Peach

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: