Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stage hacking team?  (Read 2881 times)
TLink
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »

I have alot of models and alot of ideas for some really cool (in my opinion) stages. Only problem is that I don't have the time or knowledge to make any of them. So I was thinking that maybe someone who does know what they're doing could work with me? I supply models and ideas (all ideas could/should be talked about so that we're both happy with them) then the other team member(s) do whatever's needed to get them in Brawl. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Phear-Walker
The Everlasting Phear
Hyper Kitten

Temporary name is temporary

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »

so, here is sh1t, do it and give me credit?

Father:Demonsplay Mother: Iris<br />Granpa:Nuke    siblings: polaris   companion: still searching<br />: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15103.msg260765#msg260765
Join the other recruits at: http://gunsontop.webs.com/

JDub
Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »

You say you lack the knowledge, when there are literally TONS of tutorials in the tutorial and help board. Heck, there are even video tutorials.

Foxxy
    Hyper Kitten

It's Foxxy!

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »

*sigh*

Here's the the thing TLink...

You have to make SOME effort into learning the basics, otherwise everyone will think you're just trying to get popular for giving ideas, which isn't fair to everyone else who does all the hard, time-consuming work. I have a ton of great ideas too, but I learn how to make them work myself because THAT is what earns you respect and fame on the boards, not to mention how fulfilling it is to play on a stage with your friends and be able to say: "I made that. All by myself!"

Also, if you ARE gonna try to start a hack team, you need to have more posts on the board. People need to know they can trust you and that you are active enough on the boards.

My suggestions for you:

1. Get more active on the boards. This will help people with trusting you and knowing that you're not a leech. Help other people out too (if you CAN that is, don't give the wrong advice!) because people are more inclined to work with others who help them first.

2. Learn the basics. Texture hacking is really easy. Look up some tutorial videos, there are TONS of them all over YouTube.  From there, learn how to remove objects and add them, or how to vertex hack. Making Brawl BRSTM music files is easy to learn too!

3. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There are lots of really nice people on this board. I'm sure they won't mind helping if they see you try first. (I'm one of those people who can help)

Try those out, then see if you find your time on KC:MM more enjoyable. Being a hacker isn't easy at first, but once you learn the basics, you can do ALOT of amazing stuff!

Hope that helps you out a bit!

~Foxxy

Most recent creation:Naruto/Sasuke over DK/Diddy

Temporary persona until I get something drawn...

TLink
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »

Probably should've checked this more often.

so, here is sh1t, do it and give me credit?

I didn't necessarily think of it like that, but I suppose you are right, sorry.

You say you lack the knowledge, when there are literally TONS of tutorials in the tutorial and help board. Heck, there are even video tutorials.

Probably should've went more in-depth with my searches. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out Azn

*sigh*

Here's the the thing TLink...

You have to make SOME effort into learning the basics, otherwise everyone will think you're just trying to get popular for giving ideas, which isn't fair to everyone else who does all the hard, time-consuming work. I have a ton of great ideas too, but I learn how to make them work myself because THAT is what earns you respect and fame on the boards, not to mention how fulfilling it is to play on a stage with your friends and be able to say: "I made that. All by myself!"

Also, if you ARE gonna try to start a hack team, you need to have more posts on the board. People need to know they can trust you and that you are active enough on the boards.

My suggestions for you:

1. Get more active on the boards. This will help people with trusting you and knowing that you're not a leech. Help other people out too (if you CAN that is, don't give the wrong advice!) because people are more inclined to work with others who help them first.

2. Learn the basics. Texture hacking is really easy. Look up some tutorial videos, there are TONS of them all over YouTube.  From there, learn how to remove objects and add them, or how to vertex hack. Making Brawl BRSTM music files is easy to learn too!

3. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There are lots of really nice people on this board. I'm sure they won't mind helping if they see you try first. (I'm one of those people who can help)

Try those out, then see if you find your time on KC:MM more enjoyable. Being a hacker isn't easy at first, but once you learn the basics, you can do ALOT of amazing stuff!

Hope that helps you out a bit!

~Foxxy

Thanks for the suggestions Azn

Quanno was trying to help me, but it seems that the models I have are unable to be made into stages (Too many textures for a single group.) Thanks to ToonJDub for link, I can learn how to hack stages myself and mess with the models to figure something out. Maybe I can find a solution so that .obj importing is more convenient for stage making XD

Foxxy
    Hyper Kitten

It's Foxxy!

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:01:26 AM »

Good luck with that! PM me if you need help, and I'll do the best I can to assist you!

~Foxxy

Most recent creation:Naruto/Sasuke over DK/Diddy

Temporary persona until I get something drawn...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: