Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)
Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 195
Author Topic: Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview  (Read 779372 times)
Ninka_kiwi
Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »

You just put your hacks on the site as well and it helps more people see your stuff.
    You also will find it easier to get help from other people as well as helping other people.
    It's fun to have more members as well.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »

Sure, I guess I'll join. What's your site so I can start posting my stuff there?

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »

http://hardcorebrawlhacks.wordpress.com/
    but first you have to make a wordpress account to join just press register then post a comment on the join page.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »

What is wordpress exactly?

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

It's just a website that has our blog on it lots of hacking sites use it.

Brosephski
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »

Hey, I really like your Pimple skin on DK! However, I'm having some minor issues, and I was wondering if you knew about them/if others were having the same trouble.

When the game starts, The DK barrel that Donkey Kong (Pimple) pops out of is distorted and tilted. This doesn't bother me too much, but what happens during the match is what causes the issues. During fights, a lot of the effects that appear around DK become distorted as well in a similar fashion.

For example, the wind effect around DK's Nair changes from going around with his arms to circling around DK's body. Also, the movement lines when he does his Giant's Punch in the air sometimes appear completely below his arm. I think the most noticeable tilted effect is DK's Down B, which is tilted diagonally from the ground. Overall, the hack is still completely playable, but these messed up effects are a blemish on an otherwise perfect texture.

Anyways, I have two theories as to why this occurring. The first theory is that its screwing up because I'm using Brawl -. I don't know why this would screw up those effects, but I guess it might be. My other theory is that I'm misusing the Thumbs.db file included in the download. Honestly, I've never had someone give me a .db file before (I'm new to modding Brawl). Is there somewhere specific I was supposed to put that file? I just placed it with the FitDonkey00.pcs file ( \pf\fighter\donkey ). If putting the Thumbs.db in a different spot will fix this issue, it will make my day!

So yeah, I'm pretty sure this issue is only happening with me, which is a shame because I really like the texture. However, if this is a universal problem, I would love it if you could release a v2 fixing the issue. This is without a doubt the best DK texture yet, and seeing that DK is my main, I really want to use it! However, as of now, with the Down B effect screwing up and making it hard to space, I'm probably going to have to remove it )= .
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:25:04 AM by Brosephski » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »

My brother is gonna love the Pimple vertex.

Great stuff here man!

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »

No, unfortunately that problem happens with me too. I think it might have something to do with me renaming his hair bone. Before I renamed it, the top of Pimple's head moved and spiked up when he walked or jumped and it looked really bad. I don't really know how to fix it.

Brosephski
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 12:13:32 PM »

Well, that's a shame. I don't have a problem with any of the effect screw-ups except the Down B one, which just seems a tad unfair. Personally, I know the spacing of the move already, but the effects also serve as a warning to the other players. I don't think it's fair to mislead them with a wonky effect, some I'm going to have to go back to using the crappy Funky Kong texture instead )=

It looks great though  :'(

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 12:23:42 PM »

What are you talking about? I didn't try mislead anyone about anything. All I did was rename the bone for his hair and mouth, which shouldn't have made any kind of wonky effect that affected gameplay. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'll try to ask some people how I can fix those problems but it isn't anything that I intentionally did or even noticed. I'll try experimenting to see if changing some of the mouth bones back to their original names fixes the graphic problem.
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:38:54 PM by Aafyre » Logged

Brosephski
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »

What are you talking about? I didn't try mislead anyone about anything. All I did was rename the bone for his hair and mouth, which shouldn't have made any kind of wonky effect that affected gameplay. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'll try to ask some people how I can fix those problems but it isn't anything that I intentionally did or even noticed. I'll try experimenting to see if changing some of the mouth bones back to their original names fixes the graphic problem.

Oh god no I wasn't blaming you!!

What I meant was that I can't use the texture because the wonky effects (which were completely unintentional on your behalf) mislead my opponents into thinking the range of the move is shorter than it really is. I wasn't trying to say that you were misleading anyone lol. I love the texture, and if you can fix the minor issue with at least the Down B effect, I'll be the first one to download it again!

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »

Okay, sorry for misunderstanding that Smiley. I really have no clue how to fix that problem but I'll try experimenting with different things until I get it right. Maybe I can find somebody that knows more about this stuff than I do to help me out with this.

hypermetalsonic
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »

Your Pimple is by far the coolest thing thats ever been done with DK!! XD
    Keep up the good work Smiley

Gigan X3
    Mega Kitten

I'M STILL WAITING FOR BRAWL MASQUERADE!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »

Oh god no I wasn't blaming you!!

What I meant was that I can't use the texture because the wonky effects (which were completely unintentional on your behalf) mislead my opponents into thinking the range of the move is shorter than it really is. I wasn't trying to say that you were misleading anyone lol. I love the texture, and if you can fix the minor issue with at least the Down B effect, I'll be the first one to download it again!

I'm sorry but such a minor thing shouldn't be taken into account, all the vertexing of the character's model screws a bit with other wind, etc. effects, so I think, so far, it's either impossible or too complicated to fix that, since it Doesn't affect gameplay, no one's bothering, it's not like you cannot tell your buds "Hey, this and this", right?

I think this is the greatest DK hack I've ever seen and I'm using DK more often just because of this hack, Thank you Aafyre.

dizmo
    Expert Kitten

:I

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »

are you doing the xemnas vertex on both marth and link?

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 195
    Print
    Jump to: