Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1770559 times)
Hackingstar
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Featured Famous Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #960 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:12 AM »

I has to report a glitch... when you short hop and the use the aerial down B, he instead uses his grounded down B, while immediately sliding to the edge of the stage.

Oh, and I'd like to note you actually can get the pineapple taunt fairly easy with the Wiimote as controler.

I thought that was already fixed. You must still have the first cloud beta silent released. he updated it. it should be fixed now.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #961 on: February 03, 2011, 09:02:08 AM »

This PSA is AWESOME!!!

-Up smashes are meant to hit opponents above you, and Cloud's doesn't really reach far up. Also the lightning bolt looks kinda plain, not a big deal though. I feel it could also use some small startup lag. With the C stick it is practically instant. Not too much, just a few more frames of startup

-Does he even have waits? I left him and all he did was his resting breathing thing. No animations. I waited quite a while, and the other character did theirs

-Taunts are very plain. I forgot to try for the Pineapple though... it should be a mango though.

-Aerial Down B is kinda odd. After you hit them you fly very far diagonally upwards. I understand this is probably to recover after edgeguarding, but it is still very far. If you aren't edgeguarding it really messes up your flow. Maybe half the distance, but restore double jump and up B to assist recovering from edgeguarding?

-Down and neutral aerial A's should have a small bit of added endlag

-Side B sometimes went through the person, but still hit them, and kept going until its max distance

-Could Meteorain be controlled by the stick than the pad? It feels unnatural, but this really isn't a big deal

These are the points I mostly agree with, I don't want to change this PSA too much, it's awesome as it is. Though...

AAA combo could use some startup lag, slightly less damage, and have a bit more knockback. At lower percents the opponent barely moves at all. It seems too good.

^ AAA combos are supposed to be fast, better have it with less damage and more knockback, rather than slower.

You can guard in the middle of his AAA attack if you time it right, I don't think it needs a change, maybe a little less damage like 6-8% would be better
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:03:43 AM by Sanitys_Theif » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #962 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »

This PSA is AWESOME!!!

-Up smashes are meant to hit opponents above you, and Cloud's doesn't really reach far up. Also the lightning bolt looks kinda plain, not a big deal though. I feel it could also use some small startup lag. With the C stick it is practically instant. Not too much, just a few more frames of startup

-Does he even have waits? I left him and all he did was his resting breathing thing. No animations. I waited quite a while, and the other character did theirs

-Taunts are very plain. I forgot to try for the Pineapple though... it should be a mango though.

-Aerial Down B is kinda odd. After you hit them you fly very far diagonally upwards. I understand this is probably to recover after edgeguarding, but it is still very far. If you aren't edgeguarding it really messes up your flow. Maybe half the distance, but restore double jump and up B to assist recovering from edgeguarding?

-Side B sometimes went through the person, but still hit them, and kept going until its max distance

-Could Meteorain be controlled by the stick than the pad? It feels unnatural, but this really isn't a big deal

These are the points I mostly agree with, I don't want to change this PSA too much, it's awesome as it is. Though...

AAA combo could use some startup lag, slightly less damage, and have a bit more knockback. At lower percents the opponent barely moves at all. It seems too good.

^ AAA combos are supposed to be fast, better have it with less damage and more knockback, rather than slower.

You can guard in the middle of his AAA attack if you time it right, I don't think it needs a change, how much damage does it do now?

Hmm, then again, I'll have to try this with an Human opponent, perhaps tomorrow.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #963 on: February 03, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »

This PSA is AWESOME!!!

You can guard in the middle of his AAA attack if you time it right, I don't think it needs a change, how much damage does it do now?

Hmm, then again, I'll have to try this with an Human opponent, perhaps tomorrow.

The computer's done it to me multiple times, I'm surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else yet, I've done it myself a few times

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #964 on: February 03, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »

This PSA is AWESOME!!!

The computer's done it to me multiple times, I'm surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else yet, I've done it myself a few times

What I find to be a problem mostly is the spammable it is on low %, I got to land it about 3 times consecutively. But I'll test it with a friend.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #965 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »

What I find to be a problem mostly is the spammable it is on low %, I got to land it about 3 times consecutively. But I'll test it with a friend.

What!? After once my opponent ALWAYS techrolls away, even against computers

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #966 on: February 03, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »

It just need a little moar knockback in the final hit, and they only land several times with CPU or heavy characters.
    Personally i think the neutral aerial is ok, just need a few very little startup lag.
    The down smash should have a little more startup lag, but you the up smash is ok, its hard to hit Humans with it, but its wonderful for combos.
    I thing the side smash should have a little more knockback.
    Remember that some characters are stronger than others, don't try to balance him much more than it is now, Cloud is supposed to be a strong character, not a different Ike...
    BTW, if you reduce/increase lag or knockback, some combos that he already has will be lost....

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #967 on: February 03, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »

Well... It would kinda take out the fun in finding it... But...
    Slide your finger across the down taunt, side taunt, and finally up taunt, if you do it right... You'll know.
    Actually, no offense, but you're wrong. It's down then up.
    I tried Down Taunt, then Up Taunt but it still didn't work. Oh shi~

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #968 on: February 03, 2011, 12:58:42 PM »

I have to be honest, there's nothing I see wrong with Cloud, he's definitely not overpowered in any aspect and you can't spam any of his moves, if you're getting caught then it's because you're not teching

Putting lag on his neutral air would make it useless, it's a good combo starter if you short hop, but if you put lag on it, you mine as well use fair all the time

And downsmash is a good range move but if you make it too slow then it's useless unless you want to put armor on him for when he does the attack but I don't think such a thing would fit in with Cloud's moveset well

He should be made to be a good high-top tier character comparable to melee high-top tiers, and if you haven't noticed, each one of them has a few stupidly good moves that help them a lot(like Sheik's Fair), and they also have some useless ones(sheik's chain and in this case, Cloud's air DownB)

If you make the characters too weak they're no fun to play as

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #969 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »

Well... It would kinda take out the fun in finding it... But...
    Slide your finger across the down taunt, side taunt, and finally up taunt, if you do it right... You'll know.
    Actually, no offense, but you're wrong. It's down then up.
    I tried Down Taunt, then Up Taunt but it still didn't work. Oh shi~
    You need to do it fast. first down taunt, and before he completely falls to the ground, use up taunt very quick, then the pineapple appears. Maybe with a GC controller?

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #970 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:19 PM »

Yeah, I did it.
    You have to press DownTaunt, and right when he's on his knees(or earlier) press UpTaunt.

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #971 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

I have to be honest, there's nothing I see wrong with Cloud, he's definitely not overpowered in any aspect and you can't spam any of his moves, if you're getting caught then it's because you're not teching

Putting lag on his neutral air would make it useless, it's a good combo starter if you short hop, but if you put lag on it, you mine as well use fair all the time

And downsmash is a good range move but if you make it too slow then it's useless unless you want to put armor on him for when he does the attack but I don't think such a thing would fit in with Cloud's moveset well

He should be made to be a good high-top tier character comparable to melee high-top tiers, and if you haven't noticed, each one of them has a few stupidly good moves that help them a lot(like Sheik's Fair), and they also have some useless ones(sheik's chain and in this case, Cloud's air DownB)

If you make the characters too weak they're no fun to play as
    Maybe he is right, maybe you should leave him as he is so he can beat the crap out of metaknight XD

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #972 on: February 03, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »

Hey, SDo0m, you know how when Cloud hits an opponent with B-Down(Air) he sometimes bounces up higher than usually?
    Well, for the Overpowered version can you make it 100% chance he'll bounce high off the opponent? Also, for OP version can you make the meteors from meteorain hit constantly? Sometimes when meteorain hits an opponent it doesn't trap the opponent by constantly hitting them, but instead just maybe once or twice they got hit.

**This is for the OP version. Smiley Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, can you make B-Down(Air) able to bounce off the Final Smash?
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:58:17 PM by SmashClash » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #973 on: February 03, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »

Hey, SDo0m, you know how when Cloud hits an opponent with B-Down(Air) he sometimes bounces up higher than usually?

That's a glitch that I don't think I can gix, and I never said I was making an overpowered and I have absolutely no intention of making an overpowered version.

But thanks to you guys for giving feedback Smiley 

I'll work on balancing fixes asap and release a V0.5 (if you may) that's more balanced in the ways that you guys said.

Then I'll work on all the new stuff for V1

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #974 on: February 03, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »

That's a glitch that I don't think I can gix, and I never said I was making an overpowered and I have absolutely no intention of making an overpowered version.

But thanks to you guys for giving feedback Smiley 

I'll work on balancing fixes asap and release a V0.5 (if you may) that's more balanced in the ways that you guys said.

Then I'll work on all the new stuff for V1
    lol How did I know you were going to say that.

Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: