Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: ~PROFESSOR LAYTON [Another puzzle solved!]~  (Read 65659 times)
Aether
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: November 20, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »

If Jeff's right shoulder is ANYTHING like Lyn's or Sonic's, I have an easy solution for you.

1. Extract the animation you want to use.

2. Open it in a seperate Brawlbox Process.

3.Look for RShoulderJ and RshoulderN in the bone animations.

4. Erase RShoulderJ and rename RShoulderN to RShoulderJ.

5. Save and close Brawlbox.

6. Test, Translate, and Adjust if Needed

7. ?????

8. Profit.

Actually the way iv been working around it is
    -Fix the proportions as usual
    -Select RShoulderJ
    -Subtract 180 from the x axis. This is supposed to fix Jeff's arm rotation problem but it doesnt. The arm is still too high up, usually going through his ear or jaw. Adjust it manually to the position it should be in
    -Then (using the copy/paste on the bottom right of the screen) copy that Bone's rotations.
    -Paste into each frame. Im not sure exactly what this does, but it works. Apparently it rotates the Bone to the pasted position but keeps the overall movement in mind
    -Play the animation on loop and correct any flowing problems. Occasionally there will be a frame that jerks in place for some reason. Just delete it and insert in its place. Thats how i made the Wait1, JumpF, JumpB, and Run animations that i uploaded earlier in the thread.

I assume thats the same way Cuckoos/Wiikness is doing them too. Unless hes still subtracting and correcting them manually. If your method is better though we should use it instead.

Yeah, thats what i was hoping for too. Probably the easiest way of doing it is make him spawn a textured Raygun/SuperScope in his hand during the animation, then make hitboxes in front of him with the Coin Flag on them, then obliterate the Raygun/SuperScope as the animation ends. That way if the hitbox connects it would look like a bunch of coins hitting the opponent.
    Damage-wise it should hit them about 5-10 times fast doing maybe 1-2 damage a hit and staggering them throughout the entire duration of the attack. It shouldnt have any knockback though, just keep it as a damaging move.

Yeah, thats what i was hoping for too. Probably the easiest way of doing it is make him spawn a textured Raygun/SuperScope in his hand during the animation, then make hitboxes in front of him with the Coin Flag on them, then obliterate the Raygun/SuperScope as the animation ends. That way if the hitbox connects it would look like a bunch of coins hitting the opponent.
    Damage-wise it should hit them about 5-10 times fast doing maybe 1-2 damage a hit and staggering them throughout the entire duration of the attack. It shouldnt have any knockback though, just keep it as a damaging move.
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:43:50 PM by Aether » Logged

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #136 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:23 PM »

I'm going to go for something a bit more professional than that. Here's a list of articles that are going to be replaced:

Fireball= Coin [Projectile for Slot Machine Gun]
    FLUDD Water Projectile= Slot Machine Gun
    Cape= Layton's sword
    FLUDD= Paraglider

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: November 20, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »

Well thats all up to you then i guess because i have NO IDEA how to vertex articles. But if you went with that route you would probably break his file size with all of the "Generate Articles" to make it shoot as many coins at once as it should. In the game it sprayed hundreds of them out at once.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTZvt-YctM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTZvt-YctM</a>

You could always just make him shoot a single coin though. Then make it chargeable and shoot 3-5 at once when fully charged. Thats probably what Sakurai would have done with it.

Fireball= Coin [Projectile for Slot Machine Gun]
    FLUDD Water Projectile= Slot Machine Gun
    Cape= Layton's sword
    FLUDD= Paraglider

So thats two Specials out of the way. What do you have planned for the other two? One of them HAS to have something to do with telling a Puzzle lol
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:12:49 PM by Aether » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »

I'm giving you guys presents for my birthday

screenshots c:

Nice work man! Can't wait to see more progress on Professor Layton.

Also, happy birthday Wink

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: November 20, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »

Happy birthday before the day is over and I seem like a douch not saying it.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:15 PM »

Good to see that the new animations fit him. Keep it up.

Ya I kinda forgot to say Happy Birthday in my earlier post, but I meant to XD.

Oh I have an awesome idea. Why don't you post a download of the model...as sort of a present to yourself? ...from us? wait that doesn't make sense.

Consider this your Birthday Present from me. What good is Layton without a Villain to oppose him anyway?

Don Paolo enters the fray.

I wasn't going to present it until you finished the Layton, but it's somewhat presentable now so this is as good a time as any.

I still need to refine the shape of his nose and try to change the shape of his clothes a little. I need his entire body to go down almost to his knees, giving the illusion that he's wearing a coat. I have a topic up for someone to make me a correct mustache so I can move it over onto him. Excuse the pink on his gloves, I apparently smeared a little pink from his "baggy eyelid coloration" onto the gloves. That will be fixed eventually.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:03:00 AM by Weyard » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: November 21, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »

I thought you were going to wait until this was finished to tell anyone about Don Paolo?
    Actually, you should ask Pik to help with the vertexing since he did such a good job on Layton. Although you have most of the work finished already.
    Anyway i just made Layton's Wait2. I wanted to do something simple to test him out lol. He just reaches up and adjusts his hat brim.
    *EDIT*
    Just made his Down Aerial too. I took Snake's Forward Aerial and edited it a little. I also rotated his entire body forward a little during it so that it looks like hes kicking below instead of in front of himself.
    It fits him pretty good.

*EDIT*
    Bumped
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:43:18 PM by Aether » Logged

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

I've finished his crouching animations! All I have left to do is his footstool and guard animations, and then we can start on the attacks, as well as vertexing his Sword, Paraglider, and SlotMachine Gun.

Para_Dox0
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: November 22, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »

Me and my brother are still starting out, but are taking a 3-D class and are practicing animating in brawlbox. Were still getting the hang of it, but the drag and drop is so easy. We might want to try our hand at it. If you'd let us. =D

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »

We'll see. Animator-wise, we're covered, but the more the merrier I suppose.

Although I'd appreciate examples of your work before I send you the files.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: November 22, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »

I gave you an example and you never gave me the files. D:

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: November 22, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »

Me and my brother are still starting out, but are taking a 3-D class and are practicing animating in brawlbox. Were still getting the hang of it, but the drag and drop is so easy. We might want to try our hand at it. If you'd let us. =D

As Wiikness said, we probably have animations covered.
    Are you good with PSA? Im sure we will need some more help in that department though.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:51:25 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »

As Wiikness said, we probably have animations covered.
    Are you good with PSA? Im sure we will need some more help in that department though.

Once it's finished, I'll gladly do the psa work for most of his A moves. Someone else will have to do the B moves though.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: November 22, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »

I have made the rest of Layton's Aerials, based off of Weyard's ideas

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2010, 12:01:11 AM »

I have made the rest of Layton's Aerials, based off of Weyard's ideas

Actually, if you got those ideas from a page before page 5, it's Aether's ideas. He was using my account for some time because he hadn't made any hacks good enough to dictate a need for his own account.

Aether made a couple of aerial animations earlier, I guess Wiikness will just have to pick the best out of them XD.
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:05:38 AM by Weyard » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
    Print
    Jump to: