Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: ~PROFESSOR LAYTON [Another puzzle solved!]~  (Read 65818 times)
Akiba Red
Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: November 23, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »

I have made the rest of Layton's Aerials, based off of Aether's ideas
    Fix'd.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: November 23, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »

Go ahead and post a download link to them. Wiikness might like them enough to change his mind xD

Iv already made his version of Down Aerial and Back Aerial but i think the rest of them are going to be more difficult. I spent 2 hours trying to make his Forward Aerial and it keeps messing stuff up in previous frames. I dont know whats going on with it.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:16 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?9zny2gwwud3smvn
    Here are the last three aerials then. Tongue

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #153 on: November 23, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »

Not to be rude, DM, but those animations aren't very well done. They honestly look like Layton is just flailing his arms in random directions, almost as if he were some sort of puppet.

Sufficed to say, we're going to need more solid animations for his aerials. I appreciate the effort, though.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »

I suppose the attackhi would but the rest look fine to me. o.o

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: November 23, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »

Idk whats wrong but every time i attempt his Forward Aerial it messes up the previous frames. Im just going to skip it and make his Up Aerial next. Do you want him to swish the sword in a circular motion like Ike's, or just wave it left and right over his head?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »

Idk whats wrong but every time i attempt his Forward Aerial it messes up the previous frames. Im just going to skip it and make his Up Aerial next. Do you want him to swish the sword in a circular motion like Ike's, or just wave it left and right over his head?
    Ike's pretty much fits the description.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: November 23, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

Yeah but im going to make sure before i start on it. GAH

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: November 23, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »

You might want to watch out if you completely borrowing the animation. Looks kinda weird.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »

Heres all of the animations iv made so far.
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/327/c/7/random_layton_animations_by_aetherech0s-d33hhow.rar

Wait1 (snake's edited)
    Wait2 (adjusts his hat brim)
    JumpF (pit's edited)
    JumpB (pit's edited)
    Run (ganon's edited)
    AttackAirF (made from scratch. similar to marth's. you need to replace the first and last frames of all of his aerial attacks with his fall animation for transitional purposes)
    AttackAirB (made from scratch)
    AttackAirLow (snake's forward aerial edited to aim lower. i also made his leg move more realistically instead of doing the splits like snake does)
    AttackAirHi (made from scratch. you will probably have to edit this one little bit though. it looks like hes deliberately making the hit weak)

Just uploading them to be safe. Never know when my computer will do something stupid and require another reboot lol

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »

AttackAirLw and Wait2 could be fixed to look better, but most of the other animations don't look very smooth at all. I've already fixed the Run, JumpF, JumpB for use with the official MotionEtc, so I have to thank you for providing those.

I'll keep working towards better looking aerials.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: November 24, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »

yeah, i couldnt get the Aerial Up and Aerial Forward to work at all. i was hoping that they would look a little better when you put the transitional frame at the front and end.

Ill try making his forward aerial again from scratch later today. My brawlbox has been acting up or something. Every time i click play it messes up a few frames in the animation. If i scroll through them manually its fine. ill have to keep that in mind when i work on it.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »

Bump from 2nd page

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »

Got his dodge/escape animations completed!

Also, specials:

Neutral Special: Layton fires his SlotMachine gun in the direction he's facing, consecutively spitting out 3 coins every button press. No knockback, but inflicts decent damage. Similar to Fox's B attack in function.
    Side Special: [Grounded] Layton extends his arm and points his finger in the direction he's facing prior to the move's use. Inflicts medium stun damage towards the opponent. Similar to Mewtwo's Down B in Melee, except with a longer, more horizontal range. [Mid-air] Layton pauses mid-air and points his finger downwards diagonally, inflicting medium stun upon the opponent, leaving them suspended in mid-air for a couple of seconds. Can be used as a stall move similar to Mario's Side-B.
    Down Special: Layton pulls out the Elysian box and promptly opens it, expelling nauseating gas around Layton that makes opponents within the gas's range become stunned, as if their shield had broke. If possible, Layton would be able escape 20 frames into the move, and the gas would linger where Layton had stood for a short period of time. If that's not possible, The move will be similar to Jigglypuff's Down Special in terms of longevity.
    Up Special: Layton pulls out his Paraglider, and performs a slow, albeit high leap with his paraglider mounted upon his back. After the leap reaches it's peak, Layton is able to glide in the direction he was facing when the leap was executed.

This also means that Layton would be able to glide after jumping, similar to characters like Pit, Charizard and Metaknight.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 10:22:59 AM by wiikness » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: November 26, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »

awesome specials. What are you using to make the box though? Arent all of his articles going to be used on other things?
    And how can he point since all of his fingers are attached together?

Also, Iv attempted his Forward Aerial several more times from scratch and i just cant get it to flow like it should.

*EDIT*
    How do you activate Glide on a character that wouldnt normally have it? For some reason my Ridley cant glide, even though Charizard could, and I dont recall messing with any of the attributes related to gliding but he still wont do it.....

Also....Technically, since none of other Brawl Characters have heard of the Elysian Box, wouldnt it just do nothing? It wouldnt make them nauseated unless someone has told them that it would xD
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:58:12 PM by Aether » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
    Print
    Jump to: