Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character Replacement/ Adding Characters and other questions  (Read 1571 times)
Dynasty
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 13, 2010, 01:07:06 PM »

Hello there,

I just joined this forum to ask a few questions about the "hackability" of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
It's been a while since I played the game and I actually stopped before the whole hacking was possible at all.
Now that I see that there are a lot of great models for characters I am thinking about going back to the game.
Being a huge Sonic game I thought how awesome it would be if you could replace most of the character cast with Sonic related characters (that can be downloaded from the database here).

But is that actually possible?
Can I replace or even characters in/to the game? Can I change the pictures in the character roster? And what about the stages: are there actually new stages or stage replacements out there? Can I add new stages or do I have to replace them?

As you see, I am a newbie on this topic and I thought I'd just post my question here before I actually start downloading those hacks and modifications.

Thanks in advance,

Dynasty

Chuy
KC's Mexican Resident
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

1.Yes you can however expect there to be glitches
    2.Yep that's very easy to do
    3.You can do both however adding new stages you can't have custom portraits for them :/

Dynasty
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »

Thanks for your fast response!
    What kind of glitches do I have to expect? Game breaking glitches or just some minor graphic glitches?
    Is it also possible to mod the game and play it on Dolphin (on PC). I do own a Wii and the original version but it would be way easier for me to do it that way.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »

Thanks for your fast response!
    What kind of glitches do I have to expect? Game breaking glitches or just some minor graphic glitches?
    Is it also possible to mod the game and play it on Dolphin (on PC). I do own a Wii and the original version but it would be way easier for me to do it that way.
    Yes it can freeze your Wii, Yes you can play it on Dolphin (But you would need to ISO hack instead with WiiScrubber)

Dynasty
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it! Is there a tutorial for character replacement?

The Corrupted one
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

The hacked cast for sonic is somewhat limited though, and A few require alloy codes like Mary/Tails which don't work with dolphin. And you will also need a Badace CPU to run Dolphin (which is very illegal, you are basicly stealing the game). Not to mention that many of the better psa's are too broken to really play with,and you won't have much fun with them.
    And for replacement look here:http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

Feel teh powah of Phazon

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: