Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom SSS Help!?  (Read 5612 times)
Pinutk™
Extreme Kitten

It's Pinutbutter jelly time!!!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

So I wanted to us the new Stage Expantion code. Info here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290659
    If you scroll all the way down to the bottom you can find Eternal Yoshi's code, thats what I'm trying to use. So I wanted to load Mewtwo2000's new Ganondorf's Tower stage. I put it in my stage folder on my SD card, renamed it to "01" without qotaions of course. Go to Brawl, switch to the Melee section(I think where all the added stages are) load the first one on there, and get nothing. Now maybe I renamed the stage wrong, or didn't load the right stage. I'm not really sure. Anyone who has gotten this to work, can you PLEASE help me? Thank you!

~Pinutk

Please stop by my site!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »

Bump... anyone...? D:

Please stop by my site!

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »

Did you name it STGCUSTOM01.pac? and do you have a rel for it?

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »

I had to name it STGCUSTOM01...? I'm stupid...I just renamed it to 01.pac Tongue
    And rel. Hmm no I don't I can make one If I need it though, is it manditory?

Please stop by my site!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

I had to name it STGCUSTOM01...? I'm stupid...I just renamed it to 01.pac Tongue
    And rel. Hmm no I don't I can make one If I need it though, is it manditory?
    Yes, you need one.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »

How should I make one? Should I use Bero's rel program? Oh and I appreciate the help guys! Cheesy
    But I just need to know what to do...

Please stop by my site!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

How should I make one? Should I use Bero's rel program? Oh and I appreciate the help guys! Cheesy

You could also use HxD to hex edit the .rel. I could never get Bero's Stage Switcher to work for some reason. It would always say "could not find file 'rel/", so I just switched to HxD and that works fine.

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »

You could also use HxD to hex edit the .rel. I could never get Bero's Stage Switcher to work for some reason. It would always say "could not find file 'rel/", so I just switched to HxD and that works fine.
    I couldn never understand Hex...do you know the way to do it with Bero's program? I've used it before and it worked fine for me.

Please stop by my site!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

I couldn never understand Hex...do you know the way to do it with Bero's program? I've used it before and it worked fine for me.

You don't really have to understand it. All you have to do is find this string of hex: 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 XX within the file, where XX is the stage's ID number. Just replace that with the ID of the stage you want to switch it to. That's it. A list of all the stage ID numbers and more information, go here.

But no; like I said, I can't get Bero's Stage Switcher to work because of the weird non-sense errors it gives me. This forced me to learn how to hex edit .rels myself (which is probably basically what Stage Switcher does anyway), so that's the only method of converting .rels I know how to do.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:59:42 PM by (specter) » Logged

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »

So I downloaded HxD. Can I use any old random stage .rel? I'll open it in HxD, find the 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 XX and replace the XX with 01, correct? Than just put it on my SD Card? Am I actually right...? Tongue

Please stop by my site!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 09:24:44 PM »

So I downloaded HxD. Can I use any old random stage .rel? I'll open it in HxD, find the 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 XX and replace the XX with 01, correct? Than just put it on my SD Card? Am I actually right...? Tongue

You can open any single .rel file in existence with that program. Even ones that aren't stages.

01 is the ID number for Battlefield; do you want to convert your .rel to a Battlefield one?

After you replace the ID number, save the file as "st_XXX.rel", XXX being the name of the stage you want the .rel to be. So it'd be "st_battle.rel" if that's what you're trying to convert to.

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:45 PM »

You can open any single .rel file in existence with that program. Even ones that aren't stages.

01 is the ID number for Battlefield; do you want to convert your .rel to a Battlefield one?

After you replace the ID number, save the file as "st_XXX.rel", XXX being the name of the stage you want the .rel to be. So it'd be "st_battle.rel" if that's what you're trying to convert to.
    Well I did do that. I set mine to 00 because I'm using Phantom Wings' Stage Expansion Code. Well Eternal Yoshi's edited code to be exact. I just hope I did this all right. :p

Please stop by my site!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »

Well I did do that. I set mine to 00 because I'm using Phantom Wings' Stage Expansion Code. Well Eternal Yoshi's edited code to be exact. I just hope I did this all right. :p

I don't know if it will work because I tried converting a stage's .rel to make it compatible with the SRE but it didn't work. I don't know if it was an error on my part or what.

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »

I don't know if it will work because I tried converting a stage's .rel to make it compatible with the SRE but it didn't work. I don't know if it was an error on my part or what.
    I know is not yet perfected either so that may be the case. At least I know the basic Idea of it now and the file names. Thanks for all your help! Cheesy
    Is there anything else I need to know?

Please stop by my site!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 10:02:16 PM »

I know is not yet perfected either so that may be the case. At least I know the basic Idea of it now and the file names. Thanks for all your help! Cheesy
    Is there anything else I need to know?

Yeah that's true I guess.

No problem; glad to help.

Uhh no that's pretty much all you need to know in regards to .rel conversions without the use of a program that does it for you like Bero's.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: