Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What do you guys want for the new Shadow PSA?  (Read 20533 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: December 06, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »

I've decided to revive my Shadow the Hedgehog PSA project and I plan on creating the absolute perfect Shadow (since I was unsatisfied with mastaklo's PSA in multiple ways).  However, in order to do that I really need feedback from you guys on what exactly I should do.  I have some moveset ideas in my thread, however I will need help "balancing" him as well as making him a genuine Shadow.  For those of you that can't be bothered to see the topic, here's what I have for the specials:

ENTIRE MOVESET

AAA - A quick punch, followed by a double upward kick (Sonic's old U Tilt), followed by a roundhouse kick then a side kick (the last two kicks somewhat resemble Sonic Battle attacks).  The final kick has decent knockback.  15%

F Tilt (Side A) - A double handed slashing attack from Sonic Battle.  Decently well rounded technique.  11%

U Tilt (Up A) - A quick double upwards kick.  Somewhat similar to Pit's U Tilt.  An attack of my own imagining.  12%

D Tilt (Down A) - A spinning low kick with invincibility frames near the start.  Good combo move from an aerial.  6%

Dash Attack - A fiery slide kick.  Similar more to one of Sonic's moves from Sonic battle, but I find it works for Shadow as well.  8%

F Smash - A charged, dark Chaos fist from Sonic Battle.  Good knockback and decent damage and speed.  16-21%

U Smash - A fast flip kick that sends the foe upwards.  Weakest of the smashes but works as a fantastic DACUS.  13-17%

D Smash - Shadow creates two bursts of Chaos energy at each hand, dealing multiple hits of damage.  This is the strongest of Shadow's smashes but also the slowest.  18-23%

N Air - A fast mid air spin that has sex kick properties.  Unchanged from Sonic's moveset.  8%

F Air - A downward kick (Sonic's old D-Air) with weak meteor smashing properties.  Has two hitboxes.  11%

B Air - A lightning fast triple kick good for starting a combo.  The last hit has decent knockback. 10%

U Air - An aerial flip kick also from reminiscent from Sonic Battle that is fast and has good combo potential.  8%

D Air - A super fast and fiery spin downwards.  The strongest of Shadow's aerials.  It also can also meteor smash at a sweetspot, however if you miss the move you will SD.  14%

Neutral B: Homing Attack - The same as Sonic's except (being Shadow) he disappears just as he releases the attack, and reappears when the attack ends.  9%

Side B Ground(Chaos): Chaos Spear - Shadow throws a Chaos Spear that is chargeable for 3 levels.  The first is a small, fast and weak attack.  The 2nd is stronger and goes in a spiralling motion.  The 3rd is the strongest and gives a stun effect.  5% - 11% - 19%

Side B Air(Chaos): Chaotic Hurricane - Shadow warps forward and follows up with a spinning hurricane kick Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku style.  The move has good knockback and unpredictability, as well as being good for horizontal recovery.  However, if you use this Shadow cannot use his Up B afterwards. 15%

Side B(Hardcore): Machine gun - Shadow whips out a machine gun and lets loose on his enemies.  The machine gun has a capacity of 8 shots before having to reload it.  2% each shot

Up B: Chaos Warp - Shadow warps upwards to gain great vertical height.  The move is solely for recovery and does no damage whatsoever.  0%

Down B(Ground): Chaos Rift - Shadow creates a miniature black hole infront of him that is capable of reflecting projectiles and disorientating opponents.  When the move ends the black hole bursts into a shock of electricity.  8%

Down B(Air): Black Tornado - Shadow spins upwards in a tornado like shape with darkness swirling around him.  This is more of a defensive techinque that is useful for recovery.  Furthermore, you can use the Up B after you use this for massive vertical recovery.  Keep in mind though, that you only gain vertical momentum with this move the first time you use it.  5%

Down B(Over 100%): Chaos Control - If Shadow has been taking punishment during the fight, he can call upon the power of Chaos Control to slow down time for a while, allowing him to get back into the fight.  Shadow is invincible during the animation of this move.  0%

Final Smash: Chaos Blast - Shadow unleashes the ultimate power and creates a huge and powerful explosion around himself, decimating anything unfortunate to be in the vicinity.  If you are lucky enough to not be in the explosion, you'll get caught by a flash which stops time entirely for a few seconds.  65%

F Throw - A forward punch very similar to Fox's forward throw. 9%

B Throw - Completely unchanged (cuz I really like this move as it is).  7 or 8%

U Throw - Again completely unchanged.  11%

D Throw - A fiery ground kick on the opponent.  9%

Other Tidbits

- His dodges are now more athletic.  For example he now does a backflip for his back dodge

- A couple of his taunts and waiting animations are different too

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:31:49 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »

Sounds pretty good, my question is, how will you have him switch between Super Shadow and Regular Shadow?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »

Sounds pretty good, my question is, how will you have him switch between Super Shadow and Regular Shadow?

Ah, didn't make myself too clear there. 

They will be two seperate PSAs.  Regular Shadow will be balanced, Super Shadow will be broken.  I don't think there would be enough file space for both of them to fit in one PSA Tongue

Soverign
    Mega Kitten

So much win

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »

Well, I watched this video, and some things you might wanna add.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFVPcCA3Bg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFVPcCA3Bg</a>

and
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsAMLrwXwQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsAMLrwXwQ</a>

IDK how about a ItemHandSmash animation for Shadow's foward Smash instead of that retarded Forward Smash that Sonic has?
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:37:20 PM by Soverign » Logged

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

Quote from: SDoom
    What do you guys want for the new Shadow PSA?

Shadow.

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »

i like this, but please, i beg you, make it as fast as sonic.
    (or more if possible Smiley )

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Concerned Elector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

Fisrt things first, here are some of my idea(Although pretty hard)
    I think his run could swith from him Skating and Him riding a motercycle(D-Taunt) and i found this possible by BigBadBooya's Sonic W/ Dragoon.
    His DSmash could be chaos blast, since its not in the specials, he could also have chaos rift as a attack as well. His Fsmash should be Chaos Nightmare, and the USmash could be either a regular uppercut, or a Front/BackFlip kick.

Thats all i have and thanks for reading. Tongue

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »

I could give Shadow Wario's bike.

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »

I'm looking forward to this psa.
    Here's an idea but I'm not sure what move u should do this for or how to make this happen but
    U could give him the chaos control move that the assist trophy of him has.

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 12:25:54 AM »

I like the Bike/Vehicle idea.  I think I'll make it so you can do the following:

If you use the Up Taunt, you will be able to switch from "Chaos" to "Hardcore" mode.

In Chaos mode, you will be able to use the Side B Chaos Spear and the Down B Black Tornado

In Hardcore mode, you will be able to use the Side B Machine Gun and the Down B Motorbike.

Oh yeah and @Hollow, you don't need to.  Wario's bike is actually an ITEM NOT and article.  So anybody can use it/throw it (but only Wario can ride it unless I do some work to make Shadow ride it).

Also, I'm using a lot of moves from Sonic Battle too.  Here's a sprite sheet to give you and idea:

- The F Tilt will be a two handed swipe (end of 10th/start of 11th line)
    - The F Smash will be a backfist (end of 6th line)
    - The D Smash will be the double Chaos fists (end of 11th line/start of 12th line
    - The U Smash will be a flipkick (see Full Throttle Sonic and Hyper Sonic)
    - The U Air will also be a flip (middle of the 3rd line)

I really want to create a diverse and well rounded Shadow so I'm afraid he'll still have to be slower than Sonic Master_Ryuk (otherwise he will be imbalanced as he will be stronger than Sonic).
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:30:46 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

hughie
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »

About the F-Smash and D-Smash, TheWill/Darkshade already has animations for those in the Shadow over Fox psa.
    And riding the WarioBike would be possible if you model replace something like the spring/sphere and generating it on the Run while shadow has a riding animation.
    Just sayin.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »

I'm seriously thinking of revamping my Shadow PSA because it sucked so much.....

hughie
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 05:20:36 AM »

I'm seriously thinking of revamping my Shadow PSA because it sucked so much.....
    You forgot about the "Others" tab.
    Thats what made Shadow into a ball in some animations.
    I learned that the hard way. D:

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »

About the F-Smash and D-Smash, TheWill/Darkshade already has animations for those in the Shadow over Fox psa.
    And riding the WarioBike would be possible if you model replace something like the spring/sphere and generating it on the Run while shadow has a riding animation.
    Just sayin.

Actually, I've already creatied the animations myself using Brawlbox (I cannot stress enough how much I love Brawlbox 4.1, it makes animating so much easier) and they came out pretty smooth.

And also, I don't even think that I need to replace the model since like I said, Wario's Bike is an item.  I may be able to just generate it in PSA.  It would save file space.  However, I will examine how BigBadBooya did it in his PSA for Sonic riding the Dragoon.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

I just read your moveset, and you can't have 0.5 damage for an attack. It would freeze.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: