Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Project Boo: restarted with a one-move-per-week quota, starting this weekend  (Read 20054 times)
renegade109
Mega Kitten

^main char^ for a game project I nvr finished :P

View Profile Awards
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »

Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance PROJECT BOO Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance

WE NEEEEEEED A VERTEX OF BOO'S TONGUE OVER KIRBY'S HAMMER IN ORDER FOR SOME OF THE ATTACKS TO LOOK GOOD!

That's right, the 3rd most downloaded kirby vertex on Brawl Vault will FINALLY get PSA he deserves!!!!! Not much is really known about Boo, but we can infer a few things:
-he is a trickster which means he will be very versitile and have many attacks that can be turned around or have a random effect to them (maybe like mr. G&W's side-B or a few different moves depending on which taunt you use, idk yet)
-he can disappear
-likes to be as annoying as possible (aka: steal items in mario kart, appear from no where, lay traps, etc.)
-more of a hit-and-run style, not really the bold upfront assault type
-he's a ghost which means he will be able to go intangible for a bit (CANNOT ATTACK IN THIS FORM)

On to the moveset ideas:
AAA: same but first punch stuns, second punch has darkness, third punch has electric (2%, 3%, 1%)
S-tilt: spins around (same animation) and fires a very short-range ball of darkness that can be aimed (5%)
D-tilt: (no animation) a puff of air appears on the ground a little out in front of him (like wisp’s grab) and either turns opponent around or trips them (3%)
U-tilt: (slowed-down throw item up animation) Dark Bomb… boo throws a bomb of darkness into the air and it explodes directly above his head and dark “shrapnel” fall in front of and behind him (initial = 7%, shrapnel = 2%)
F-smash (OPTION 1): aimable head-butt, and it goes double the distance of the original kick (same damage as original kick)… if aimed up he moves like he’s quickly going over a hill or something, if aimed down he kind of goes under the ground a bit and pops back up under the opponent.
F-smash (OPTION 2): Ghostly Wail (sucking-up animation): a plasma screech that has a range of about 1/5 of battlefield and uses the green Ray-Gun shot ripple effect (mirrored horizontally). Slow start up but does about 18% - 20% damage. Homerun bat sound effect.
D-smash: spins and releases a bolt of electicity/plasma into the ground shocking nearby enemies! (10%)
U-smash: (assist trophy animation) bigger explosion than the U-tilt but no shrapnel and more damage (14%)

D-air: dives head-first towards the ground and spins as long as you hold the button
F-air: covers himself in darkness and moves forward a tiny bit
B-air: ?????
U-air: Boo Tornado… using part of kirby’s taunt animation when he spins, slash effect, multi-hits
N-air: Boo Shocker… electric pulse surrounds him (animation when he gets out of rock form)

N-special: Boo-Bomber (chargeable explosion… refers to bomb-boo)
U-special: teleport (mewtwo melee style)
D-special: vanish (disappears for a few seconds, or until he’s hit or does an attack… like assassin marth)
S-special-AIR: ghost-dash (rushes forward VERY quickly, stunning anyone in the way, distance = 1/4 battlefield)
S-special-GROUND: tongue attack (chargeable)

COMPLETE ATTACKS:
Up-Smash (taken from celestial kirby)

IN PROGRESS:
Forward-Smash (ALMOST DONE)
Up-Air (ALMOST DONE)
Down-Smash (animation done)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:16:03 PM by renegade109 » Logged

Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

gamer, swimmer, computer guy, trumpeteer, game programmer

Quickman
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »

It's about TIME someone suggests this! You don't know how long I've been waiting.
For his N Special, do you mean that when he is inhaling it looks like he's mocking the opponent?

My only full Idea is for one of hie specials (most likely Neutral or Side) have him cover his face and then uncover it with his tounge out. Like how he attacks in the Paper Mario series.
And uh, I'm thinking that for his up special, he should possibly teleport like how shadow does on his PSA and obviously make it do no damage.
Then, for his D Special, he (I don't know how someone would do this effect visually) He should turn invisible and be able to move freely around the stage for about 4-8 seconds wreaking havoc for players.
For his final smash he should do something like Giga Bowser, only he turns into Atomic Boo from Paper Mario TTYD, and his attacks are powered up beyond comprehension.

renegade109
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »

Yes, he needs the tongue move, but I would still like to keep his suck up somehow because boo is a ghost and should be able to morph his shape a bit (aka: kirby hats)...

is it possible to change his grab to behave like Kirby's original suck-up move?
Or, even better, have on of his taunts be Kirby's B-move? Cheesy

I'm fine either way, but my little brother refuses to be anyone but kirby and does not like any of the hacks for kirby because he prefers kirby to keep his B-move and his down-B move Tongue

EDIT: on second thought, if none of the ideas between the lines of "*" then I'll just make a separate version for my brother.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:04:49 PM by renegade109 » Logged

Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

Get A Load of This!
Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

I was interested. I only got one move into the list before I had to stop.

Why are you giving him stupid graphic effects? They're overdone, boring and really just don't have any place on this character specifically. Maybe I'll take another look later, but...it should make sense.

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »

I was interested. I only got one move into the list before I had to stop.

Why are you giving him stupid graphic effects? They're overdone, boring and really just don't have any place on this character specifically. Maybe I'll take another look later, but...it should make sense.

Cut the dude a little slack, it's his first time after all Wink  And besides, as far as I can seen a lot of the GFX he is using for the moves makes sense for Boo's ghostly character.  And besides, since Boo has no legs and there has yet to be a vertex that actually gives Boo a good long tongue, it's pretty hard to make a variety of moves.  Though I do kinda disagree with the AAA combo.  That really doesn't need any graphics.

But other than that, it looks cool so far.  And remember, if you have any problems, there are plenty of people that will try and help ^^

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »

Need ideas for the aerials… Tongue
    D-aerial: like kirby's original down-B
    Wow, I now realized I didn't read the first post carefully enough, my question on this is: how would this connect to boo in any way if he slams the ground as a rock?[/color]

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »

Wow a Boo PSA! i cant wait to see the results

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »

@GetALoad: did you even read the title? IDEAS/DISCUSSION PHASE. That means that these are most definitely NOT final moves for boo and I am open to suggestions. If you have any specific ideas please say so.

@SDoom: Thanx for the backup... as for the AAA, I think that the first hit should stun.

@SpacePirate: I actually added that in right after reading your first reply... so it's not your fault, lol... as for the D-air move I was just kinda throwing that out there Tongue

@ShadowMarth: glad to have your support Smiley

Up-B: I'm thinking teleport (melee mewtwo style) would be good
    Down-B: if you've seen the assassin psa for marth, then this move will be similar to the B-move Wink
    Side-B: Ghost-Dash... he rushes forward about 1/4 the distance of Battlefield VERY quickly and stuns anyone in the way (8%)
    Neutral-B: if anyone can vertex in a tongue or something like that then this will be the tongue move. If not, this could be a chargable explosion attack representing bomb-boo! Cheesy

he should be able to lay some traps too... maybe with a taunt he could drop a motion-sensing mine?
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:55:44 PM by renegade109 » Logged

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »

Yeah. Okay. Sure. I'll even write a whole set.

You could try vertexing the Final Cutter or Hammer into a tongue, maybe.

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
    GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
    Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »

Yeah. Okay. Sure. I'll even write a whole set.

You could try vertexing the Final Cutter or Hammer into a tongue, maybe.

go right ahead if you want....

As for the vertexing thing, I have neither the time to learn how to do that, nor the patience to go through with it so perhaps if someone else could do that then I see how I could incorprate that into one of his moves. Good thiking Wink

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »

@GetALoad: did you even read the title? IDEAS/DISCUSSION PHASE. That means that these are most definitely NOT final moves for boo and I am open to suggestions. If you have any specific ideas please say so.

@SDoom: Thanx for the backup... as for the AAA, I think that the first hit should stun.

@SpacePirate: I actually added that in right after reading your first reply... so it's not your fault, lol... as for the D-air move I was just kinda throwing that out there Tongue

@ShadowMarth: glad to have your support Smiley

Up-B: I'm thinking teleport (melee mewtwo style) would be good
    Down-B: if you've seen the assassin psa for marth, then this move will be similar to the B-move Wink
    Side-B: Ghost-Dash... he rushes forward about 1/4 the distance of Battlefield VERY quickly and stuns anyone in the way (8%)
    Neutral-B: if anyone can vertex in a tongue or something like that then this will be the tongue move. If not, this could be a chargable explosion attack representing bomb-boo! Cheesy

he should be able to lay some traps too... maybe with a taunt he could drop a motion-sensing mine?
    The idea of laying traps sounds awesome to me, I can imagine my brother getting even more angry at me for laying bombs instead of diddy's bananas.

14fan
    Extreme Kitten

I may or may not continue hacking.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 08:08:54 AM »

His Down B could be a custom taunting animation (such as Boo turning to face the screen and laugh at the opponent), with Boo intangible the entire time.

After the laugh taunt, he instantly becomes invisible until the next attack he performs (such as Assassin Marth).

Also, if he performs Neutral B while invisible, it could be a different move from the normal Neutral B.

This is a rough idea because I don't know what the invisible Neutral B could be (of course it would make him visible again, though) but I do know that this could all be done using LA:Bits.

I could help if you need it. However, I currently have the stomach flu and wouldn't be able to help soon.

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »

side smash could be bow's smack from paper mario. the longer you charge the more he smaks

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »

Can't wait for this to come out

Bush
    ALL YOUR PLANT ARE BELONG TO BUSH
    Special Access

• Awards 2011 SSBB Tournament Winner Pin Collector Staff Helper Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »

Down B should make him transparent for a few seconds.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: