Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Programmers Needed  (Read 2856 times)
monkey
Intermediate Kitten

Shake It!

View Profile Awards
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »

Well I had a great idea today!  Awesome Face

Well the idea is that you can open a pac files as a whole 3d model, and EDIT it from the same page, coloring it like a picture
I need some programmers to help me tho

If you still don't get it , imagine it this way, you preview something in brawlbox, now you can select a paint tool and draw over, for example, Ness's shirt. You select cyan and fill in his shirt.

(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »

This would be so much easier and convenient than doing it via exporting the texture data from BrawlBox, opening it in GIMP and editing it in there, then replacing it in BB again and having to open the model up just to see if it appears right.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »

no.
    1.  Ima guess OP doesn't have any coding experience
    2.  making good photo editing tool isn't as easy as you're making it
    3.  Its not hard to export textures.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »

3.  Its not hard to export textures.

Yeah but if you were able to do all the editing in the Advanced Model Editor you could do everything you need in there making it faster, easier and more convenient to make textures.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »

I would suspect that this sort of thing is somewhere in BrawlBox's teams to-do-list. I wish they'd implement a 3ds-quality vertexing tool as well, but I don't see it ever happening lol.

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:13:13 AM »

I would suspect that this sort of thing is somewhere in BrawlBox's teams to-do-list. I wish they'd implement a 3ds-quality vertexing tool as well, but I don't see it ever happening lol.

I bet it is...I think it would be also easier to PM Kryal and tell him about your idea.

anyways...it would be very helpful but as said...making photo editing software takes time and huge skill, but it should be easier to get a source code from the web and inplant it into the BrawlBox data base...If you knew how to do it though

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »

Most people would want to be able to work with Photoshop's tools and effects. Essentially you would have to make some way for Photoshop to open up a .mdl0 and be be able to color it based on where the polygon is and the camera's position.
    In all seriousness, this would probably take some extremely advanced programming; not to mention it would probably have to be implemented into Photoshop and not Brawlbox.

The Corrupted one
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

Why not a GIMP plugin? Its almost the same, not to mention its open source and the anti mod zombies won't try to eat you.

Feel teh powah of Phazon

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

Most people would want to be able to work with Photoshop's tools and effects. Essentially you would have to make some way for Photoshop to open up a .mdl0 and be be able to color it based on where the polygon is and the camera's position.
    In all seriousness, this would probably take some extremely advanced programming; not to mention it would probably have to be implemented into Photoshop and not Brawlbox.
    I think it'd be fairly easy to have it so when a texture on the texture list is double clicked it automatically exports and opens in photoshop.  Thats probably as advanced as anyone here is gonna get.

The Corrupted one
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »

If something that good is made, don't tie it to photoshop, more people will pirate it.

Feel teh powah of Phazon

scorcher9910
    Hyper Kitten

Flippin' tables and takin' names.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

no.

Agreed, it would just be for people too lazy to click and open a photo editing program. Bottom line, it's a pointless idea. Sure, it saves you about 2 seconds. But who cares about that?

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

Why not a GIMP plugin? Its almost the same, not to mention its open source and the anti mod zombies won't try to eat you.
    If someone is able to program it, then that's the most likely possibility of accomplishing this. There would be too many copyright entanglements with Photoshop, like The Corrupted one said.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: