Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3863354 times)
cn04142
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #13155 on: January 15, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »

^^hmm
kinda like a "about" tab that tells u wat version you have and asks you if u want to check for an update
sound cool

One of the other benefits of it is that we could release updates faster and find bugs faster as well as get more help from the community with development because as updates are made in small portions they could be releases and tested

BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13156 on: January 15, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »

I was debating about asking about this for a while now but based on the code after looking more in depth at it i think it might be easily possible to add an auto update function to the main help menu, this way people have easier access to the latest version even if its only minor changes, this way possible bugs can be spotted much faster because the community will be involved in it, the code is also dynamic enough that it could be easily recompiled in parts that are changed leaving only changed parts intact
    One of the other benefits of it is that we could release updates faster and find bugs faster as well as get more help from the community with development because as updates are made in small portions they could be releases and tested

If you know how to do it, do it I say! lol

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13157 on: January 15, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

If you know how to do it, do it I say! lol
    lol as soon as i finish with the opengl stuff which is almost done, only minor value adjustments were really needed, i will look into the best way to implement it with this setup

also i think it would be beneficial to create an add-on function that allows people to create add-ons and load them, i remember a while back when i first started i was intersted in displaying GFX in the model viewer in order to preview them, however this would make the program bulkier for those who dont want or need that feature, the addon ability woul;d allow for such improvements to be made without making the program unnecessarily bulky as they would be side loaded only when needed, again this would also help with development as it would alleviate the need to recompile the entire program to preview minor changes

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13158 on: January 15, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »

also i think it would be beneficial to create an add-on function that allows people to create add-ons and load them, i remember a while back when i first started i was intersted in displaying GFX in the model viewer in order to preview them, however this would make the program bulkier for those who dont want or need that feature, the addon ability woul;d allow for such improvements to be made without making the program unnecessarily bulky as they would be side loaded only when needed, again this would also help with development as it would alleviate the need to recompile the entire program to preview minor changes

How would you do that?
    How come it can't be added in normally and enabled using a toggle button (like shaders, bones, floor, etc)?
    And I don't mind waiting approx 3 seconds to view minor changes... What are you using to compile it?

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13159 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »

How would you do that?
    How come it can't be added in normally and enabled using a toggle button (like shaders, bones, floor, etc)?
    And I don't mind waiting approx 3 seconds to view minor changes... What are you using to compile it?

It only takes me the same amount to compile, i actually use monodevelop because i like it better than using the default microsoft ones it works better in my opinion,
    as for adding the add-on function, in the main window of brawlbox under the menu you would just add another option to install or enable/disable addons, this would open a window which would show a list of already installed addons as well as a button to enable, disable, uninstall, or install an addon, the way it would work is not truely and installation but can be compared more to a link function or include function, the module will only load a dynamic link file(.dll) if it is enabled
    there is no reason that it cant be added like a toggle but last time i asked about it i was shot down and told no by like four people, also the benefit of it being an addon is that it will not be required in order for the program to run, correctly displaying the effects within the model viewer is a large task within itself, it would involve loading in the common.pac files in the same way we currently load animation and movesets, the difference is when called in the function, the previewer must know that inorder to display the GFX, it must first have the effect inherit the properites from the moveset script rather than the default properties of the seperate pac/brres
    another program that is around and is used for hacks like this and converting the file types is what gave me the idea for the addon function and how to implement it, im actually not sure why its not in the resources section, the program is noesis http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads as well as brres viewer

Post Merge: January 15, 2013, 07:35:34 PM
    There is a glitch with the model viewer where if the floor is not visible neither is the model
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:35:34 PM by cn04142 » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13160 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »

There is a glitch with the model viewer where if the floor is not visible neither is the model
    yeah, i hate that glitch >_>

u have to activate the floor viewer JUST to see the models

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13161 on: January 15, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »

It only takes me the same amount to compile, i actually use monodevelop because i like it better than using the default microsoft ones it works better in my opinion,
    as for adding the add-on function, in the main window of brawlbox under the menu you would just add another option to install or enable/disable addons, this would open a window which would show a list of already installed addons as well as a button to enable, disable, uninstall, or install an addon, the way it would work is not truely and installation but can be compared more to a link function or include function, the module will only load a dynamic link file(.dll) if it is enabled
    there is no reason that it cant be added like a toggle but last time i asked about it i was shot down and told no by like four people, also the benefit of it being an addon is that it will not be required in order for the program to run, correctly displaying the effects within the model viewer is a large task within itself, it would involve loading in the common.pac files in the same way we currently load animation and movesets, the difference is when called in the function, the previewer must know that inorder to display the GFX, it must first have the effect inherit the properites from the moveset script rather than the default properties of the seperate pac/brres
    another program that is around and is used for hacks like this and converting the file types is what gave me the idea for the addon function and how to implement it, im actually not sure why its not in the resources section, the program is noesis http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads as well as brres viewer

Post Merge: January 15, 2013, 07:35:34 PM

It was already fixed but I don't necessarily update the svn every time I change one minor thing.
    I have my BB source synchronized to dropbox though so I can link you to that in pm.

Add-ons for exporting and importing files would be good.
    Ex; .blend model import/export add-ons.

I don't like the idea of an add-on solely for viewing things like GFX/etc though... It's sorta like saying "oh not all people use SRT0 texture animations so let's just make it a plugin." wat.

Sounds like a lot of extra unnecessary work. We have tons of other priorities right now:
    - Shaders
    - RSAR
    - REL/DOL
    - Tristripper / Trifanner / Tri-strip/fan "retainer" (to save tri-strips/fans already in a dae)
    - Movesets
    - etc man, etc

Many people use it for all-around work and one dll to keep track of is enough imo.
    BrawlLib.dll is basically a dll for handling everything related to NW4R and RVL. Which includes REFF and REFT (gfx).

Also remember that I'm moving all moveset-related stuff out of BB and into the new moveset program, Ikarus.

The reason you were shot down with the GFX idea is because REFF was completely unknown at the time and moveset editing and shaders were still the main focus. Heck those things still aren't even done.

Rendering GFX in the previewer (REFF and REFT) will be a gigantic project.
    Unless you want to do it ofc Tongue

Anyway how goes those bone controls?

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13162 on: January 15, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »

It was already fixed but I don't necessarily update the svn every time I change one minor thing.
    I have my BB source synchronized to dropbox though so I can link you to that in pm.

Add-ons for exporting and importing files would be good.
    Ex; .blend model import/export add-ons.

I don't like the idea of an add-on solely for viewing things like GFX/etc though... It's sorta like saying "oh not all people use SRT0 texture animations so let's just make it a plugin." wat.

Sounds like a lot of extra unnecessary work. We have tons of other priorities right now:
    - Shaders
    - RSAR
    - REL/DOL
    - Tristripper / Trifanner / Tri-strip/fan "retainer" (to save tri-strips/fans already in a dae)
    - Movesets
    - etc man, etc

Many people use it for all-around work and one dll to keep track of is enough imo.
    BrawlLib.dll is basically a dll for handling everything related to NW4R and RVL. Which includes REFF and REFT (gfx).

Also remember that I'm moving all moveset-related stuff out of BB and into the new moveset program, Ikarus.

The reason you were shot down with the GFX idea is because REFF was completely unknown at the time and moveset editing and shaders were still the main focus. Heck those things still aren't even done.

Rendering GFX in the previewer (REFF and REFT) will be a gigantic project.
    Unless you want to do it ofc Tongue

Anyway how goes those bone controls?
    Im not sure what you were really worried about, they worked fine as they were so ive just been analyzing the process you used to see if i can get the cursor to move correctly and experimenting with the ratio of mouse movement to scale and etc, could you be a little more specific with what exactly wasnt fixed?
    as far as i can tell the four different setups i tried on it were not as good as the current setup

Post Merge: January 15, 2013, 09:40:11 PM
    LOl completely forgot about the Ikarus project and as for the conversion add-ons i do agree with that being a good idea, it would also greatly increase the number of people using the program and lead to more interesting and unique hacks because it would be easier to do thinks like full animation from scratch

the conversions shouldnt be that hard as i do have alot of file formats laying around on my computer that i was experimenting with to get blender 2.6x to work with bbox, so i do have a list of working conversions that can be implemented plus if you checked that link for noesis  converter i can request to incorporate some of their code as it already converts correctly from many formats found in many different games

and i was able to get the blender brawlbox to work correctly with animation already
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:40:11 PM by cn04142 » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13163 on: January 15, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

Im not sure what you were really worried about, they worked fine as they were so ive just been analyzing the process you used to see if i can get the cursor to move correctly and experimenting with the ratio of mouse movement to scale and etc, could you be a little more specific with what exactly wasnt fixed?
    as far as i can tell the four different setups i tried on it were not as good as the current setup
    Are you serious. Try scaling/translating on a specific axis. It is nowhere near "fine". Im srs here

LOl completely forgot about the Ikarus project and as for the conversion add-ons i do agree with that being a good idea, it would also greatly increase the number of people using the program and lead to more interesting and unique hacks because it would be easier to do thinks like full animation from scratch

the conversions shouldnt be that hard as i do have alot of file formats laying around on my computer that i was experimenting with to get blender 2.6x to work with bbox, so i do have a list of working conversions that can be implemented plus if you checked that link for noesis  converter i can request to incorporate some of their code as it already converts correctly from many formats found in many different games

and i was able to get the blender brawlbox to work correctly with animation already

Just don't go overboard with random unnecessary additions because that seems to be what you're leaning toward.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13164 on: January 15, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »

yea not a lot of guys use blender
    though i would dye to get animations exported to 3ds max Yo...

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13165 on: January 15, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »

Are you serious. Try scaling/translating on a specific axis. It is nowhere near "fine". Im srs here

Just don't go overboard with random unnecessary additions because that seems to be what you're leaning toward.

I was able to scale no problem on a specific axis, the only real issue i fixed was probally specific to me bc it was a reference error in the config file

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13166 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »

well cn041412, i tested the scaling myself, and its flakey/jumpy for me.. it doesnt even scale smoothly.

it would be nice to have the same scaling controls like in 3ds max tho.

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13167 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:14 PM »

well cn041412, i tested the scaling myself, and its flakey/jumpy for me.. it doesnt even scale smoothly.

it would be nice to have the same scaling controls like in 3ds max tho.
    Um ... dont kill me ... actually forgot and just went and double checked but i ended up just changing the scale ratio a little and fixing a reference connection relating the opengl back to the system.windows.form, it was so minor and i was messing with it when i first started working so i renamed the file the wrong thing my bad

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13168 on: January 15, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »

so.. does that mean u fixed it then? o.o

also, hit "T" in model viewer, that could also use some fixing for transitioning  (just putting my 2 cents out there since BJ isnt on and i know he would ask for u to fix that)

cn04142
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13169 on: January 15, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »

so.. does that mean u fixed it then? o.o

also, hit "T" in model viewer, that could also use some fixing for transitioning  (just putting my 2 cents out there since BJ isnt on and i know he would ask for u to fix that)

yes to fixed and i will look into the 't' in viewer issue

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 10:23:38 PM
    Hey BJ, can you PM me with the dropbox link plz, this way i can get your current version, i cant correctly compile to check the effects of the scale mod on a build because im missing TPLNode.cs, i have been working with it and the only way i can see results is code injection via dissasembly which could be why i was also seeing different results with the scale settings

Post Merge: January 17, 2013, 10:43:19 PM
    Fixed the Scale issue, in order to make it smoother and less jumpy all you need to do is adjust the dst variable i lowered it to .5 and have no issues, the translation needs a similiar adjustment, i suggest you just play with them until you get it as smooth as you would like. an alternative and better solution would be to rewrite the entire function, only problem with that would be it would affect other functions, a rewritten one would follow this type of structure
    int DrawGLScene(GLvoid)      // Here's Where We Do All The Drawing
    {
        // Clear Screen And Depth Buffer
        glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
        // Reset The Current Modelview Matrix
        glLoadIdentity();

//NEW//////////////////NEW//////////////////NEW//////////////////NEW/////////////

glPushMatrix();
        glTranslatef(-2.0f, 0.0f,-6.0f);      // Place the triangle Left
        glTranslatef(0.0f, fTranslate, 0.0f);   // Translate in Y direction
        Draw_Triangle();         // Draw triangle
      glPopMatrix();

glPushMatrix();
        glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f,-6.0f);      // Center The Triangle
        glRotatef(fRotate, 0, 1.0f, 0);      // Rotate around Y axis
      glPopMatrix();

glPushMatrix();
        glTranslatef(2.0f,0.0f,-6.0f);      // Place the triangle Right
        glScalef(fScale, fScale, fScale);   // Scale In X,Y,Z Direction
      glPopMatrix();

fTranslate += 0.005f;    // Speed Of The  Translation
      fRotate    += 0.5f;      // Speed Of The Rotation
      fScale     -= 0.005f;    // Speed Of The Scaling

if(fTranslate > 0.5f) fTranslate = 0.0f;   // Reset Translation
      if(fScale < 0.5f)     fScale     = 1.0f;   // Reset Scaling to 1.0f

//NEW//////////////////NEW//////////////////NEW//////////////////NEW/////////////

return TRUE;         // Keep Going
    }

also found a way to easily use the openGL in the model previewer to import and export textured models to and from 3ds found here in this example http://www.morrowland.com/apron/tutorials/gl/gl_3ds_loader.zip
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:43:19 PM by cn04142 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: