Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: joke king on March 09, 2013, 10:27:44 PM
vertices seem to be a bit off though... specially noticeable at her right foot tip

The foot is under the floor.


http://livestre.am/1c4wx

I'll probably just be working on BB or Ikaros (the character), feel free to watch or whatevs.

Quote from: DarkPika on March 09, 2013, 02:03:13 AM
please do... weight-paint is so much easier :)
Oh Glob... weight paint >_<
I'd definitely prefer vert selecting (I think weight painting is a bit harder).
You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Quote from: Toad75 on March 10, 2013, 07:53:48 AM
Oh Glob... weight paint >_<
I'd definitely prefer vert selecting (I think weight painting is a bit harder).
not if you simply click on a vert and have it update it's weight to your weight...
(drag over other verts to change their weights as well)

I've gotten used to this method (like many other people I know),
and would prefer it over selection :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on March 10, 2013, 10:57:42 AM
not if you simply click on a vert and have it update it's weight to your weight...
(drag over other verts to change their weights as well)

I've gotten used to this method (like many other people I know),
and would prefer it over selection :/

but since all of the riggers/importers of this forums use vertex selection, if we would keep it on democracy, you lose... xD

Quote from: joke king on March 10, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
but since all of the riggers/importers of this forums use vertex selection, if we would keep it on democracy, you lose... xD
*sigh*
you make me hate being the only game developer on this forum -.-*
(actually there's about 2 or 3 I know of... but still)

anyways...
why use crappy voting to decide which to implament...
do you know how selfish that method is D=

why not consider user preference so everyone can be 'happy'... lol
(you get my point)

ok...
so maybe everyone on this forum uses vertex selection...
but a good portion on a few other forums I'm on would also prefer my description...
(I'll be honest, I don't quite care for blender's defaults)


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with other means of rigging

Quote from: DarkPika on March 10, 2013, 01:33:16 PM

why use crappy voting to decide which to implament...
do you know how selfish that method is D=

indeed, cuz it's selfish to listen to the majority instead of listening to you only.

Quote from: DarkPika on March 10, 2013, 01:33:16 PM
*sigh*
you make me hate being the only game developer on this forum -.-*
(actually there's about 2 or 3 I know of... but still)

anyways...
why use crappy voting to decide which to implament...
do you know how selfish that method is D=

why not consider user preference so everyone can be 'happy'... lol
(you get my point)

ok...
so maybe everyone on this forum uses vertex selection...
but a good portion on a few other forums I'm on would also prefer my description...
(I'll be honest, I don't quite care for blender's defaults)


tried weight drawing once, it was awful.
it's more simple to simply select the vertices points to begin with.

and if you saying we are selfish when only you doesn't get something but you want it so much, that means you are selfish
Stupid Tinypic :C

Remember Tcll. This is BJ's program, not your's. BJ decides what he wants in it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


@joke king: ... yes... it is... actually :srs:
(why can't we please both parties)
^there are certain circumstances where voting is not selfish...
this particular circumstance is not one of them...

@Pikazz: that's not what I'm saying at all D=

ok... maybe "selfish" isn't the right word...
but the circumstance still applies...

in this particular circumstance...
it is possible to please both parties.


@Segtendo:
yes... I know...

what I'm saying is...
why go for just one option, when having both could be easily accomplished??


BJ already stated he would consider adding it along with box-selection...
so therefor I have nothing to complain about :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Happy 900th page! :happy:

*teleports to bush*
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Hi BJ. I trust your endeavors in modlos are going well. Bye.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


I haven't looked on this thread in ages. Then I saw that we may someday be able to move vertices and rig models in BB.
These are the only two things I really want to be able to do, but currently have no way of doing (well, besides making GFX). I'm getting seriously hyped.

Now I have to go back and read the last ten pages of this thread.
Now available in blue.