Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on June 18, 2011, 07:58:19 PM
from what VILE discussed with me... there's only one logical way I can see to do this:

                nv._x = (p[0] * v._x) - (p[4] * v._y) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12];
                nv._y = (p[1] * v._x) - (p[5] * v._y) - (p[9] * v._z) - p[13];
                nv._z = (p[2] * v._x) - (p[6] * v._y) - (p[10] * v._z) - p[14];

there would be no division...

if it's not that, then shoot me XD

Already tried that. Everything I've tried usually returns values as Infinity, NaN or Undefined... :srs:

Also, quick Brawlbox update:
- Clean works again!
- You can paste only translation or everything except translation (Useful for fixing translations on animation ports)
- You can rename bones in the model previewer
- There's a new button called "rename all" on brres nodes that let you change every node with a certain name to another name (Extremely useful for mass porting of animations)
- Pressing left or right in an animation box will subtract or add 180 to the value, respectively. (Useful for fixing rotations on animation ports)



well...
IDK the [ list index numbers ] really...

but see if you can get the values in order

( x1 *v)-( x2 *v)-( x3 *v)-xo
( y1 *v)-( y2 *v)-( y3 *v)-yo
( z1 *v)-( z2 *v)-( z3 *v)-zo

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 18, 2011, 08:37:23 PM #1472 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:51:39 PM by SmashClash
Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 18, 2011, 08:10:25 PM
Already tried that. Everything I've tried usually returns values as Infinity, NaN or Undefined... :srs:

Also, quick Brawlbox update:
- Clean works again!
- You can paste only translation or everything except translation (Useful for fixing translations on animation ports)
- You can rename bones in the model previewer
- There's a new button called "rename all" on brres nodes that let you change every node with a certain name to another name (Extremely useful for mass porting of animations)

- Pressing left or right in an animation box will subtract or add 180 to the value, respectively. (Useful for fixing rotations on animation ports)
The notations in red I like most.

Quote from: SmashClash on June 18, 2011, 08:37:23 PM
The notations in red I like most.
yeah i can´t wait to this BrawlBox is done and i hopefully it will support brsar files in the future
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

hey BJ
adding bones to a chr0 from another chr0 would be useful...
not to mention, mass porting them

this would help me out with my single slot method for imports :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 18, 2011, 08:43:32 PM
hey BJ
adding bones to a chr0 from another chr0 would be useful...
not to mention, mass porting them

this would help me out with my single slot method for imports :)
more awesome if you can copy like TransN bone Animations to a renamed TransN bone with resized so you dont have to use hours for a resize mod on a moveset like i did for SMBZ mario moveset with both paper mario(flat resize) and baby mario resize
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

nice thinkin MDK ;)
why didn't I think of that myself... XDD
my Pachi import would need to be scaled to 4.6 on the origin bone for every animation...

the only other thing would be a key-frame distributor...

like say if you have an animation that's 170 frames and your animation is only 89 frames...
it would re-distribute the keyframes to match the frame value of the animation you're porting over...
^(I could prbly buile a simple program to do that)
on top of that should be a manual keyframe editor to move a keyframe to a better spot in an animation.

this would greatly help out with Pachi :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Glad to see this project hopping along rather nicely.
I especially like the adding/subtracting 180 rotation on the animations part.
Small features like that are all worth it in the end.

Also, if you can BJ, how about copy/paste between two instances of BB?
You know, have one motionetc pac open in one brawlbox and copy/paste that frame of an animation to another instance of bb...

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on June 19, 2011, 12:19:10 AM
Also, if you can BJ, how about copy/paste between two instances of BB?
You know, have one motionetc pac open in one brawlbox and copy/paste that frame of an animation to another instance of bb...
it should already do that... shouldn't it??

and DUUUUDE
they have a featured blender game of SMG :D
http://blender-games.com/

a full site of games for blender :D
I'm bamfing myself for not looking at this earlier DX

anyways...
I'm gonna take a look at that SMG game >:)

EDIT:
I see... this dude did it all from scratch...
dang ._.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 19, 2011, 12:36:56 AM
it should already do that... shouldn't it??

and DUUUUDE
they have a featured blender game of SMG :D
http://blender-games.com/

a full site of games for blender :D
I'm bamfing myself for not looking at this earlier DX

EDIT:
I see... this dude did it all from scratch...
dang ._.
anyways...
I'm gonna take a look at that SMG game >:)
me too it looks awesome :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

how the freak did you ninja me in 3 seconds O_o

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 19, 2011, 12:49:35 AM
how the freak did you ninja me in 3 seconds O_o
chaos control?
ok back to on-topic :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on June 18, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
more awesome if you can copy like TransN bone Animations to a renamed TransN bone with resized so you dont have to use hours for a resize mod on a moveset

That is a freakin great idea, I totally forgot about that! It'll help me resize Nel correctly too.

Quote from: Tcll on June 18, 2011, 09:57:29 PM
key-frame distributor...

like say if you have an animation that's 170 frames and your animation is only 89 frames...
it would re-distribute the keyframes to match the frame value of the animation you're porting over...
^(I could prbly buile a simple program to do that)
on top of that should be a manual keyframe editor to move a keyframe to a better spot in an animation.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on June 19, 2011, 12:19:10 AM
Also, if you can BJ, how about copy/paste between two instances of BB?
You know, have one motionetc pac open in one brawlbox and copy/paste that frame of an animation to another instance of bb...

I'll look into it, it should be relatively easy to set up...

As soon as I get the undo and redo buttons to work right, I might release a demo. But remember guys, my main task is to finish the dae importer ;) These are just quick things I'm adding as I understand more of Brawlbox's code.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 19, 2011, 01:11:18 AM
That is a freakin great idea, I totally forgot about that! It'll help me resize Nel correctly too.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

I'll look into it, it should be relatively easy to set up...

As soon as I get the undo and redo buttons to work right, I might release a demo. But remember guys, my main task is to finish the dae importer ;) These are just quick things I'm adding as I understand more of Brawlbox's code.
yeah i needed it for SMBZ mario moveset too but now i am done :D
the best bone you can rename for resize is TransN bone but you have to copy/paste all moving on all animations and then you can resize it
if renaming XrotN or YrotN the char. got like can´t turn on some attacks
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 19, 2011, 01:11:18 AM
As soon as I get the undo and redo buttons to work right, I might release a demo. But remember guys, my main task is to finish the dae importer ;) These are just quick things I'm adding as I understand more of Brawlbox's code.
O_O... i soooo cant wait for this then!!! a demo... WOOOO!!! even tho i do kno that the importer isnt fully functional.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady