Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on June 23, 2011, 07:35:09 PM
indeed I did

but setting the normals to 0 won't do that...

we need to disable shadows in the material's shaders

Do you really think anybody even knows how to do that?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 23, 2011, 08:06:15 PMDo you really think anybody even knows how to do that?
exactly my point...

why we need to figure them out.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 23, 2011, 09:39:40 PM
exactly my point...

why we need to figure them out.

Then how do you think Gengar was fixed? :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 23, 2011, 09:41:35 PMThen how do you think Gengar was fixed? :P
by messing around with the shaders...

or perhapse the nodes

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: Tcll on June 23, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
by messing around with the shaders...

or perhapse the nodes
Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 23, 2011, 09:55:33 PM
*facepalm*
i smell failure in that ^^"
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

i think it was done by replacing the material stuff for another material that didnt have any shading... idk for sure anyway...

I don't think you realize that they asked how to null normals, I told them. Also, I'm pretty sure that is how Gengar was fixed.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Yeah I did ask for that.
So if the normals in BB are misleabeled, where are the real ones? after the materials1?

Quote from: VILE on June 24, 2011, 12:18:36 PMI don't think you realize that they asked how to null normals, I told them. Also, I'm pretty sure that is how Gengar was fixed.
for what you're suggesting,
all you're doing is reposisioning the normals...
not nulling them

vn 0.0 0.0 0.0 #obj normal value

to null them, you'd have to edit the CP register and the facepoints.
set the Normals value from 3 to 0 (you can't see the value in hex as it's only a 2bit value)
you'd also have to edit the XF register, which validates the CP register (supposedly) in MDL0's

that way, even if the nornals are present, there's no index for them.

but still, the normals are used for telling the face the correct direction to display the texture.
(inward or outward)
that's all the normals do

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Just so you guys all know, when I release the demo, saving for MDL0s won't be finished. If you try to save anything with an MDL0 in it, it might have some problems, especially if you edited it. I'd only use the demo for animating (previewing mdl0s isn't a problem) and working with anything except mdl0s right now. Also the demo uses .NET Framework 3.5 but I'm going update it to 4.0 in the full version so I can start to add Kinect. A demo is a demo, not the full first release ;)

can´t wait for just the demo :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 24, 2011, 07:17:19 PMJust so you guys all know, when I release the demo, saving for MDL0s won't be finished. If you try to save anything with an MDL0 in it, it might have some problems, especially if you edited it. I'd only use the demo for animating (previewing mdl0s isn't a problem) and working with anything except mdl0s right now. Also the demo uses .NET Framework 3.5 but I'm going update it to 4.0 in the full version so I can start to add Kinect. A demo is a demo, not the full first release ;)
Do you have a set date?
In july?

Quote from: SmashClash on June 24, 2011, 08:14:45 PM
Do you have a set date?
In july?

Demo: as soon as Undo and Redo work how I want them to
Full Release: as soon as MDL0 rebuilding works (so Brawlbox is stable)

Quote from: SmashClash on June 24, 2011, 08:14:45 PMDo you have a set date? In july?
screw set dates >:O

you can never meet them.
lol

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.