Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Actually if you use all 3 of FW's model porting programs, it won't return an error. I figured that out when I tried to vertex hack a Bleach character model. Just sayin

hmm...
interesting...

how??

EDIT:
figured out =P

so can't you work off AIS or something?


well...
I kinda am... but not...

AIS's face-point conversion is messed up

Pachi's 'polygon2' object should have 54 tri's
with AIS, it only has 1

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 10:03:35 PM
Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Actually if you use all 3 of FW's model porting programs, it won't return an error. I figured that out when I tried to vertex hack a Bleach character model. Just sayin

hmm...
interesting...

how??

EDIT:
figured out =P

so can't you work off AIS or something?


well...
I kinda am... but not...

AIS's face-point conversion is messed up

Pachi's 'polygon2' object should have 54 tri's
with AIS, it only has 1

oh.....how long do you think it'll take to get a working beta?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


January 10, 2011, 10:09:41 PM #227 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:10:51 PM by Tcll
Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 10:05:01 PM
oh.....how long do you think it'll take to get a working beta?

depends on how long it takes me to figure out the info :/

I need a face-point conversion method
a material and shader conversion method
texture references need to be figured out :/
(can look at AIS for that)
among a few other things...

also... it's possible this may accept non-brawl mdl0's as well...

I can't really do conversion to mdl0 until everything's been figured out...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Are you guys able to use the coding from bb v0.64 since it has a working model exporter and semi working importer.

Quote from: camonsters on January 11, 2011, 02:40:27 AM
Are you guys able to use the coding from bb v0.64 since it has a working model exporter and semi working importer.

that code is highly complicated... DX
but I could try :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 11, 2011, 02:51:28 AM #230 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:45:20 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: camonsters on January 11, 2011, 02:40:27 AM
Are you guys able to use the coding from bb v0.64 since it has a working model exporter and semi working importer.

What Tcll said... I may code in C# but that code is insane O_o

I take that back, for some reason it all makes sense now. It'll help us understand the mdl0 a lot faster!



KK, I've DL the 0.64 src...
I'll look into it later,

I have a brawl right now, and still need to finish my viewer :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Have you started work on weighted vertices yet? Thats probably the subject with the least info atm.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

January 12, 2011, 03:26:52 AM #233 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:09:44 AM by BlackJax96
Imma start those after I get the mesh converted properly.

Quote from: VILE on January 12, 2011, 03:02:20 AM
Have you started work on weighted vertices yet? Thats probably the subject with the least info atm.

I know a little of how weights (VGroups) work

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 12, 2011, 05:30:23 AM #235 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:21:14 AM by BlackJax96
OK. Here's the plan. I'm going to *heavily* modify the unfinished Collada Importer in BrawlLib.dll and use it with my GUI.

If Kryal isn't ok with that... well I won't be able to release it :/ I'd have to take requests lol but I don't know why he wouldn't be ok with it as long as I give him credit for his work.

BrawlLib has tons of different classes that all rely on each other in the dll. Recreating all that code in a different format inside my program would take forever. Luckily I understand enough of it to use it

do eet.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on January 12, 2011, 10:02:09 AM
do eet.

lol agreed XD. Good luck guys! Im counting on you!
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



uugh...

my mother's causing problems reguarding something easy to fix...
but she (again) don't want to accept my way of thinking >:(

this is gonna slow me even more... >:(
dangit...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 12, 2011, 06:01:18 PM

uugh...

my mother's causing problems reguarding something easy to fix...
but she (again) don't want to accept my way of thinking >:(

this is gonna slow me even more... >:(
dangit...

DAMN YOUR MOTHER!!!!! LOL JK. How much will this slow you down?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]