Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
If things become too easy in terms of staging because of this, I suppose I will lose my interest in this... I mean, it won't be a challenge to me anymore, and anybody will be able to make great stages by just copy/pasting...

Just wait till custom hazards come into the picture.
Then you can make a full scale bongo bongo's arena with the drum model straight from the game. and a live bongo bongo in the background that attacks you with his hands and stuff. @_@; and if possible the attacks are more powerful/vicious around link!

EPICCCCC

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
If things become too easy in terms of staging because of this, I suppose I will lose my interest in this... I mean, it won't be a challenge to me anymore, and anybody will be able to make great stages by just copy/pasting...
Ever think of trying out SSE stages? Now those are promising. So many cool things to use (switches, barrel cannons, etc) We don't know how to really edit them properly, though >.>

FC: 2191-7379-6272

My interest in making stages is based in my own concept of what Smash Bros is, or should be. A game with characters and stages seen in nintendo consoles. I try to get back some of my favorite places, that's all. Yeah, we will be able to get back characters, situations, etc, just what I want. But the difference is, when something is too easy, too many people can make it, with no effort, and you become just one more stage importer. Your recreations aren't the best anymore, cause everybody can bring back the exact thing with no effort. And exact things will always be better than recreations.

I'm not really interested in SSE thingies, that's more for programmers, coders, or decoders. I just want to recreate my favorite 3D environments, and when everybody is able to do it, my only purpose will be making the ones nobody has thouht of at the moment.

What I mean is, while my Grunty's Lair is a hard work, and an impressive thing to see, once this conversion thingy is finished, everybody will be able to make their own Grunty's Lair, their own Hyrule Castles, their own Saffron Cities (etc), and there will be no place to recreations. And that's a bad thing for me. I won't be enjoying this anymore >.<
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Oh M2000, please dont quit on us. D:
Of anybody, I imagines that you would be the most exited about this. :(

Let's put an example. Imagine that you're a magician. You're good at card games and people are amazed at you. Now, a brand new card has appeared, which is really magic. And anybody can make tricks with cards with no effort. People aren't amazed at you anymore, and probably at nobody. They will have cards everywhere, and that's good for most people. But, for you, the old-stiled magician, there's no point in getting a set of magic cards and do what everybody can do now.

Anyway, I suppose I will not quit. I just will enjoy this a little less. And will get angry when somebody makes stages already made by me with the new method, and better looking because of this. But, this is the future, I suppose...
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I'll have the most fun with this :D

and yes I'm talking about the SSE

since I'm a game developer,
I can recreate storylines from games I want to make (stages and all)
and replace the SSE with my story :happy:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 03:06:49 PM
Let's put an example. Imagine that you're a magician. You're good at card games and people are amazed at you. Now, a brand new card has appeared, which is really magic. And anybody can make tricks with cards with no effort. People aren't amazed at you anymore, and probably at nobody. They will have cards everywhere, and that's good for most people. But, for you, the old-stiled magician, there's no point in getting a set of magic cards and do what everybody can do now.

Anyway, I suppose I will not quit. I just will enjoy this a little less. And will get angry when somebody makes stages already made by me with the new method, and better looking because of this. But, this is the future, I suppose...

But thats the thing. Everyone's ideas must be built upon for progress' sake. You'll certainly find ideas that nobody else has ever dreamed of, and you'll still be the best stage hacker ever!!

Besides, finding models for stages is not at ALL easy, trust me. I work with these guys on this converter, and it's actually quite difficult to find the models to begin with, and even harder to covert them to .DAE first before they can be converted to MDL0.

And dont worry about others making your stages. Nobody's stupid enough to re-make a stage already created perfect and injected into Brawl.

Quote from: Roo on April 16, 2011, 03:12:27 PM
Nobody's stupid enough to re-make a stage already created perfect and injected into Brawl.
no...
but they can sure as heck re-mod it with their own ideas >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey Mewtwo, I agree with all you said, but, you see... doesn't the thought of useable bone adding makes you a little excited as well?

By the way, the same way you're feeling now is how the vertexers are, vertexing will die as soon as bone rigging for dae imports are made.

Vertexers will no longer be needed, only bone riggers and modelers. Stage builders will still be needed, though.

It's just that everything will be easy and anyone can make epic things. It's bad for the makers, because it will be too easy to be fun, but great for the players, because they can have better looking everything, faster.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yeah, that's right. Better for players, worse for makers. And I'm more a maker than a player ^^U

Anyway, you all are right. New concepts, like moving things with their own bones are things that I've just dreamed for stages and that's not possible right now. More impressive things will be able to be made. Also, imports from other Wii games are possible, and they aren't usually the best stages.

I only expect that my best ideas are not gotten by others because of this, and made before I'm able to finish them by myself. I would get really mad if somebody imported peach's castle (mario 64) before I finish my own one... >_>
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I always found vertexing more of a hastle...

so that's why I developed my methods...
I just simply made it more fun...

it's still a hastle though since I can't add/delete verts

the most fun will come in when I get to develope my own chars from scratch and actually program their logic

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

My first stage?
I shall make the room you fight richter in at the end of tos2 >=D

I mean the last fight :l where he's all flamy and stuff.

And the area you fight ratatosk emil in.

Hehe yeah, imagine making a custom character in brawl >=D
I'll make some of my OC's XD

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 16, 2011, 03:28:32 PM
Yeah, that's right. Better for players, worse for makers. And I'm more a maker than a player ^^U

Anyway, you all are right. New concepts, like moving things with their own bones are things that I've just dreamed for stages and that's not possible right now. More impressive things will be able to be made. Also, imports from other Wii games are possible, and they aren't usually the best stages.

I only expect that my best ideas are not gotten by others because of this, and made before I'm able to finish them by myself. I would get really mad if somebody imported peach's castle (mario 64) before I finish my own one... >_>

I don't understand why everyone's saying that it's going to be really easy to make cool stages soon. I mean yeah we'll have amazing models, but what about coding and animations? I don't even know how Mewtwo made stuff like What is Love Mario Villians stage and I still really wonder how he pulled off the teleporting pipes in his Mushroom Kingdom 2 stage. Maybe I'm just a noob at making stages, but I don't see that many stages appearing with coding like teleporting stuff.
And even if someone does beat you to the punch, Mewtwo, with Peach's Castle from Mario 64, you'll probably be the only one to make The Great Mighty Poo stage. But if someone does try to make a Great Mighty Poo stage it probably won't look as good as yours, but if it does I'm sure you could always make your own if you find that the version of the stage they make has a few things you would like to change.

Quote from: Naruko on April 16, 2011, 03:21:53 PM
Hey Mewtwo, I agree with all you said, but, you see... doesn't the thought of useable bone adding makes you a little excited as well?

By the way, the same way you're feeling now is how the vertexers are, vertexing will die as soon as bone rigging for dae imports are made.

Vertexers will no longer be needed, only bone riggers and modelers. Stage builders will still be needed, though.

It's just that everything will be easy and anyone can make epic things. It's bad for the makers, because it will be too easy to be fun, but great for the players, because they can have better looking everything, faster.

Except the vertexers can use their skills and learn to make things from scratch. It will be difficult, but by your definition, it will be fun.

Imagine making Marina Liteyears from scratch in 3DSMAX, textures, bones, normals and all, then importing her into Brawl, then making animations for her (with the help of other people, to speed up the process), then asking a PSAer who'd be willing to make a PSA.

This means we could make completely custom character projects that don't require models from ANY game at all. If we could take the time to learn how, we could make the models ourselves. It would be long, it would be tedious, but at the very least, it would be fun seeing things we create ourselves to be brought to life In Brawl.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 16, 2011, 04:42:15 PM
Except the vertexers can use their skills and learn to make things from scratch. It will be difficult, but by your definition, it will be fun.

Then they won't be vertexers, they will be modelers. So you're agreeing with me.

But yeah, I would want to learn on making models from scratch, if it heads that way.
Yet, remember, making the model from scratch means making the texture mapping as well...
I have a feeling I'll see many projects fail... and just as some stage makers and vertexers rose among the others, we'll see genius on modeling/rigging as well.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]