Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3853568 times)
Lecapria
Lol Kitten

In College ~ Like a boss

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7890 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

Lol Colletes face looks so derpy XD
    Also, there's a model import forum now, with a help section included, please post it there.

God, I hope BJ figures out Hair/Cape Physics and adds support for them in the next update =3

That way if/when I make a V2 of my Krystal import I wouldn't have to rig her tail to zelda's hair bones :/

Also, does anyone have a version of BB that has the undo/redo button in the animation editing still there. 6.5 B doesn't have it X_X
    ; ^ ; i cant get a reply there

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
    My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7891 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »

Interesting.
    But it could possibly be one of those values.
    You just need to keep on looking.
    I dont think it's in there, tried almost value in that offset in G&W :/
    but I found out in GW module that you can make him automatic rotate, make him fall -> like a strong wind until you get hurt and do diffirent colour on him (and the other GWs are affected by it too)

will some research in dant's old files,  thats suicide but someone has to do it

Stupid Tinypic :C

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7892 on: January 04, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »

I dont think it's in there, tried almost value in that offset in G&W :/
    but I found out in GW module that you can make him automatic rotate, make him fall -> like a strong wind until you get hurt and do diffirent colour on him (and the other GWs are affected by it too)

will some research in dant's old files,  thats suicide but someone has to do it

Surely you know that not everything can be achieved by simply changing single values at a time. Some factors may rely on more than on value, or possibly a different number length than expected. The only sure way to go about it, just like in the first reply of this thread, to define everything in the file.

Hey BJ, I'll volunteer myself for some Brawlbox programming. Similar to secretary work, to program the small stuff while you work on larger projects and researching. I've been doing it aimlessly with your Brawlbox source code anyways.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:16:14 PM by Xiggah » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7893 on: January 04, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »

Surely you know that not everything can be achieved by simply changing single values at a time. Some factors may rely on more than on value, or possibly a different number length than expected. The only sure way to go about it, just like in the first reply of this thread, to define everything in the file.

Hey BJ, I'll volunteer myself for some Brawlbox programming. Similar to secretary work, to program the small stuff while you work on larger projects and researching. I've been doing it aimlessly with your Brawlbox source code anyways.
    ofcourse I know that but I was kinda hoping that GWs 2Dness was in a floatpoint so I looked after it

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7894 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »

hi guys

what'd I miss while I was gone??
    (forgot my wii-mote at the party) Sad

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7895 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »

hi guys

what'd I miss while I was gone??
    (forgot my wii-mote at the party) Sad
    TSG is back Grin

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #7896 on: January 04, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »

ofcourse I know that but I was kinda hoping that GWs 2Dness was in a floatpoint so I looked after it

Maybe there's some correlation between G&W's module and the two 2D stages's modules? They all seem to be the same effect after all. It almost looks like it's just a scale Z to 0, hence why a single float point seems plausible.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7897 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »

Maybe there's some correlation between G&W's module and the two 2D stages's modules? They all seem to be the same effect after all. It almost looks like it's just a scale Z to 0, hence why a single float point seems plausible.
    they have the same effect, yes.

but they are linked, no.

I have heard about a orcarina code that make flatzone higher in Z-axis but I doesn't know asm that much :/

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7898 on: January 04, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »

TSG is back Grin
    Shocked
    well, in the words of Heavy Weapons Guy:
    "IIIIIII aaaamm vveeeeeeerrrrrryy hhaaaappppyy!!!!" Happy Face

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #7899 on: January 04, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »

they have the same effect, yes.

but they are linked, no.

I have heard about a orcarina code that make flatzone higher in Z-axis but I doesn't know asm that much :/

How in the world do these ocarina codes achieve things we can't do? I would have thought that we would be able to trace ocarina codes and use them to help our hacking... I remember not being able to change the MiscData in Smashville to always play K.K.Slider, yet a simple code did. But that's something else; the axis-flattening could be a form of a function rather than a point value, especially if the flat effect does anything more than simple z = 0.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7900 on: January 04, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »

How in the world do these ocarina codes achieve things we can't do? I would have thought that we would be able to trace ocarina codes and use them to help our hacking... I remember not being able to change the MiscData in Smashville to always play K.K.Slider, yet a simple code did. But that's something else; the axis-flattening could be a form of a function rather than a point value, especially if the flat effect does anything more than simple z = 0.
    codes are more loose than actual hacks,
    as a code is used to modify the wii's process data...

with PW's FPC, Brawl's very own SD code is modified to force the wii to read from the custom 'pf' directory on SD before reading from the disk, when the data is being loaded into the RAM.

I'm not entirely sure how the wii's processing works,
    but I know you can't hack 'main.dol' which is located on the disk root.

basically:
    SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/
    is the same directory as
    DVD:/partition0/files/

except for the SD directory .../pfmenu2 which should be .../pf/menu2

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #7901 on: January 04, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »

codes are more loose than actual hacks,
    as a code is used to modify the wii's process data...

with PW's FPC, Brawl's very own SD code is modified to force the wii to read from the custom 'pf' directory on SD before reading from the disk, when the data is being loaded into the RAM.

I'm not entirely sure how the wii's processing works,
    but I know you can't hack 'main.dol' which is located on the disk root.

basically:
    SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/
    is the same directory as
    DVD:/partition0/files/

except for the SD directory .../pfmenu2 which should be .../pf/menu2

We can technically achieve anything an ocarina code can do, just by different means, usually harder too. Like my Smashville K.K. Slider example, instead of changing the Wii to always report Saturday 8:00pm to play K.K. Slider, the stage's own files has to be changed to always play K.K. Slider rather than changing the time report. I would have done it if I was dedicating to hacking that MiscData Tongue But more relevant to module files, we'll have to fully decipher those files before we should expect to make G&W 3D.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7902 on: January 04, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »

I actually know who made that Flatzone (and Hanenbow) Z-axis code.

Anyway, you can, in certain ways, hack the main.dol file, as demonstrated here:

The result names for NTSC-U Brawl are stored in the main.dol file.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7903 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »

I actually know who made that Flatzone (and Hanenbow) Z-axis code.

Anyway, you can, in certain ways, hack the main.dol file, as demonstrated here:

The result names for NTSC-U Brawl are stored in the main.dol file.
    *cough* rebuild the ISO with a hacked dol *cough cough*

anyways...
    my code reading skills need to be worked on as I've forgotten everything I knew about Gecko codes DX

can I get the memory result of the code :/
    (or what the code would look like once all the insertion/replacement instructions are performed)

please and thanx :3

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #7904 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

*sigh* The newest version of BB doesn't let me save anything in .pac files unless its a texture... and for some reason the older versions aren't working anymore either... before it used to give "The present key was not found in the dictionary" but now it just crashes without saving... Any idea what's going on here?

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Pages:  1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: