Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 03, 2012, 08:32:37 PM
I was able to fix my graphic effects thanks to REFT editing in 0.65b. Thank you for making it possible to end my GFX nightmare, BJ. :3

Say, what about Tabuu's other files like hitbox, CPU, animation data? How has your progress been going with those?

Well, animation data is being used, such as EnmTabooUVAnime.srt0 (his animated textures), which I'm implementing to ALL his animations, Idk about the CPU data and the collision data, well, I'm not sure whether or not I can give him the real thing's hurtboxes or not.

The hurtboxes may be available in the future, but I'm glad all of the original animation files are being used. I'm definitely downloading that when you finish it

Well, the other animation data (his Chr0's and Vis0s), have been edited or re-done to fit a playable character.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 03, 2012, 03:00:27 PM
That'll take some getting used to.

On another note, I can't find what's wrong with my model in a hex editor, and all 'unknown' values match up with the originals (though I don't think it needs to).

Though BrawlBox does seem to have trouble handling models that are v11, sometimes. It crashes when loading a Mario Kart Wii character model until I delete PAT0 files using another editor. It also saves some pointers wrong in the MDL0, at 0x28, 0x2C, 0x40, and 0x44. It saves them as "FE******" instead of "00000000" for non-existant sections.

Fixed.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on February 03, 2012, 12:53:19 PM
Damn, guys. You really need to set up an SVN for this.

I know :srs:
I just can't figure out how to do the uploading stuff with Git or SVN commands... :|

Quote from: frostymm on February 03, 2012, 07:07:01 PM
I think he's doing 0.65c because he wants 0.66 to be when he finishes the moveset editing.

^

Quote from: Xiggah on February 03, 2012, 08:31:56 PM
PAT0s have actually been crashing with this Brawlbox, the editor for it isn't done yet. So make sure not to encounter PAT0s with the new Brawlbox for now.

Actually it's not the editor that's making it stop working, it's the parser itself.
If I were to "fix" it, I'd have to comment out the parser for now until I actually go back and recode some parts of it.

I guess I'll just comment it all out for now.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 03, 2012, 08:32:37 PM
I was able to fix my graphic effects thanks to REFT editing in 0.65b. Thank you for making it possible to end my GFX nightmare, BJ. :3

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


np, nice job

Btw, fixing up the dae exporter to export rotated normals if you want, to actually weight singlebinds to a skin modifier, and to include all the bones in the skin modifier so that the "null bones" error doesn't pop up. I'm also finishing the wavefront obj exporter for Objects.

Um, how do you edit the colors for the effects? I'm looking in FitMario and the refts are black and white.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

February 04, 2012, 02:09:37 AM #8766 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:14:56 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: KnightMario on February 04, 2012, 02:04:39 AM
Um, how do you edit the colors for the effects? I'm looking in FitMario and the refts are black and white.

Most likely through REFF.
Which we can't edit yet.

Edit: Okay, the .obj exporter actually WORKS now. :D
Right click an object, click export, and change the filter to .obj and click save.
Then import into 3ds max. :af:

looks like I'm using hxd for the first time without a tut!
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

ok this is probably a dumb question but what are the advantages of exporting objs?couldnt you just export dae and erase parts not needed in 3dsmax, or is this for stage purposes?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on February 04, 2012, 05:42:25 AM
ok this is probably a dumb question but what are the advantages of exporting objs?couldnt you just export dae and erase parts not needed in 3dsmax, or is this for stage purposes?


I dunno, the feature was always there but it was never finished.
So I finished it. :P

Let the obj vs dae wars commence!


I love how you can use brres files from other games and view their stuff but there's one problem.

You can't open it unless you right click and choose 'new' and choose something. AND THEN you will open the brres. you can open them fine in brawlbox 63d but it doesn't have the ability to view the other versions of models and whatnot. So try fixing that please.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

I suppose this won't be needed, but just in case:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=40935.msg825561#msg825561

This is for Blackjax96 checking only xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 04, 2012, 01:42:10 PM
I suppose this won't be needed, but just in case:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=40935.msg825561#msg825561

This is for Blackjax96 checking only xD
i already showed him that :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady