Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 25, 2013, 12:03:01 AM

I have no clue how to render [fur]

Will this help?

http://www.catalinzima.com/tutorials/fur-rendering/

I haven't gone through the tutorial myself, but, from what i skimmed, it might give you a bit of insight about how to render fur, or atleast the concept of doing it.

Quote from: Mr.MW on May 25, 2013, 12:18:37 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



man ive been wanting to do that



Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 25, 2013, 12:09:30 AM
I'm using version 0.66b because the latest crashes whenever I try to open any Ctools-created BRRES files, which are very important. I had to look around a lot for that particular version, which is on neither this thread nor Kryal's old thread. And I can't find the source for 0.66b at all.
Both the old and latest versions crash when I try to open a Sketchup 8.0 DAE file. I created a new file specifically for this purpose with nothing but the default "Susan" model. Apparently, BrawlBox is incompatible with the format used by Sketchup files or something.
I got a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error and don't know how to get a debug build.
Edit: Which versions of Visual Studio work? Will Express work?
I'm new to Windows development and just want to look around the code and maybe make a debug build if it helps, if you don't already have one.

Can you send me a CTools BRRES?
Sketchup isn't compatible with Brawlbox. Use 3ds Max 2010 - 2014.
I now use Express 2012.
Checkout the source here: http://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/checkout

Quote from: TheShyGuy on May 25, 2013, 12:23:35 AM
Will this help?

http://www.catalinzima.com/tutorials/fur-rendering/

I haven't gone through the tutorial myself, but, from what i skimmed, it might give you a bit of insight about how to render fur, or atleast the concept of doing it.

Yeah, that'll help. Good thing I can use shaders now.
But don't expect me to start this anytime soon, if ever.
"I'm not interested." - Shadow the Hedgehog

lol did I freakin call it or what XDD

and I was in the middle of requesting a gif when CP made me lose my post >.<
thanx BJ :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

CTools not working isn't a really big deal. Most likely the bug is on their end, as Chadderz hasn't updated it for literally TWO YEARS. But why doesn't Sketchup work?
Here's the file: http://bayfiles.net/file/QgDj/WDApP8/course_model.brres

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 25, 2013, 12:33:34 AM
CTools not working isn't a really big deal. Most likely the bug is on their end, as Chadderz hasn't updated it for literally TWO YEARS. But why doesn't Sketchup work?
Here's the file: http://bayfiles.net/file/QgDj/WDApP8/course_model.brres
Thanks

Sketchup probably doesn't work because of its exporter.
I know Blender doesn't work because it doesn't export any rigging with the model.

If you want, you can send me a Sketchup dae and I can look at it.

btw
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/slrig3kevcpux/Brawlbox

Quote from: DarkPika on May 25, 2013, 12:32:00 AM
lol did I freakin call it or what XDD

and I was in the middle of requesting a gif when CP made me lose my post >.<
thanx BJ :D

no prob

it had to be done immediately.

which "blender" are you referring to??
24 or 26??

both have very different Collada scripts

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Fixed the CTools problem, the model opens fine now.

Was the model imported using CTools?
Because the vertexformat flags were wrong.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 25, 2013, 12:43:42 AM
which "blender" are you referring to??
24 or 26??

both have very different Collada scripts

That's not the point though.
Have you ever gotten a Blender dae to import into Brawlbox?

I've tried blender24 with the collada141 exporter, but that's it...

havn't tried:
24: 131
24: 140
26: 141 (always)

I wish 26's exporter would allow 140 or even 131 if needed >_>
(it imports any version)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 25, 2013, 01:17:18 AM #14528 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:07:50 AM by jimbo1qaz
Yeah, CTools is worse than Action 52. Which is why I'm trying so hard to get Brawlbox to work.
But every time I tried to export from Sketchup to blender, the textures were lost in transport. What happens is that when I import from TIG's OBJExporter, the textures never import properly. And when I try the built-in DAE exporter, I get a bunch of errors saying that it couldn't load the PNG textures at example/folder/path/file.png, even though it exists. So I don't want to give invalid test results.
I'll try with an empty file and see if it works.
Edit: Blender errors out with an object reference error, with a big red X on the bottom right panel of the program. I can continue and it doesn't crash, but I don't know if it's a good idea to keep the file. It always crashes after continuing with Sketchup.
Edit2: Sketchup default DAE here: http://bayfiles.net/file/QgKX/uSxddL/blank.dae crashes BrawlBox.
Edit3: Blender default DAE: http://bayfiles.net/file/QgLP/LpHlHX/blankBlender.dae recoverably? crashes BrawlBox. Will removing the camera/lamp/etc help?

May 25, 2013, 02:31:01 PM #14529 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:33:37 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: thegameexplorer on May 25, 2013, 12:35:08 PM
On some PC's, Brawlbox exports corrupted DAE files. In most others it works fine. The dae file itself is corrupted because its f*cked up when imported into Brawlbox aswell.
:o
does it have anything to do with texture effects??
or is it something else??

I'm still having problems trying to import in either version of blender...
blender24's 140 importer gets a perfect rig, though it's not centered and turned properly...
the 141 importer doesn't import anything when it goes back to the main scene...

in blender26, it imports the model, but the lighting of the model is messed up until you Tab each object...
(prbly has to do with the normals)
^ weighted normals or not both yeild the same results


anyways... while 26's importer does get the mesh, it doesn't get the rig, nor the weights...
kinda hard to get 24's rig onto that when the rig isn't positioned properly...

I hate the DAE format so much >_<



anyways... BJ...
I have some new info reguarding fur data :D

apparently (the count in the fur vectors && the count of the vectors in each fur layer) == the count of the verts on the object it's applied to.

I found this out while looking into smallbard.mdl0

all 3 (or 5 if counting each layer) parts have 976 vectors...


so now I'm thinking the fur vector is just a copy of the verts, while the fur layers is a repositioning value applied to those vectors...
and that the operations done involves that shelling application on those vectors...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I downloaded TortoiseSVN and Visual Studio 2012 Express and got the crash with the Sketchup default file with Susan only.
Crash message at http://brawlbox.pastebay.net/1234786.
How do I debug?

May 25, 2013, 06:59:30 PM #14531 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:01:49 PM by thegameexplorer
Quote from: DarkPika on May 25, 2013, 02:31:01 PM
:o
does it have anything to do with texture effects??
or is it something else??
It's more a problem with the skeleton deforming in the dae.
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4330/ganon.png
That's Ganondorf exported to dae with Brawlbox v0.68b and imported into 3ds max
When the skin modifier is removed the model is in a regular t-pose

May 25, 2013, 10:39:39 PM #14532 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:41:02 PM by DarkPika
:o the skin modifier :>.>palm:

that's prbly what's causing the problem with blender26's importer not importing the rig...
or perhaps the reason blender24's 140 importer can't center and properly rotate the rig...
I'm gonna try removing that and see if that works. P=

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 25, 2013, 10:39:39 PM
:o the skin modifier :>.>palm:

that's prbly what's causing the problem with blender26's importer not importing the rig...
or perhaps the reason blender24's 140 importer can't center and properly rotate the rig...
I'm gonna try removing that and see if that works. P=
It's not the skin modifier, the skeleton itself is rotated and transformed upon export.
Worse example is this:
http://imageshack.us/f/708/sslink.png/
It's supposed to be Link...

Quote from: thegameexplorer on May 26, 2013, 12:11:42 AM
It's not the skin modifier, the skeleton itself is rotated and transformed upon export.
Worse example is this:
http://imageshack.us/f/708/sslink.png/
It's supposed to be Link...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51862.0

thank me later


also what randomizer said about the pcs bug, it was exactly the same one i was getting.