Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 977 978 979 [980] 981 982 983 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3863136 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14685 on: June 05, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »

the reason why there's static if made in BB 68 or higher is cause its been supported for multi-channel brstm's, and those have static sounds in them (and also they dont play in older BB's due to multiple channels).

so if u want to make a brstm without any static sounds in the right side, then use BB 67b

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14686 on: June 05, 2013, 12:53:43 AM »

the reason why there's static if made in BB 68 or higher is cause its been supported for multi-channel brstm's, and those have static sounds in them (and also they dont play in older BB's due to multiple channels).

so if u want to make a brstm without any static sounds in the right side, then use BB 67b

And I was never aware of that change, could have been nice to know that, unless it was in the change log. Oh well.  Why wasn't I told that, now I feel like a jackass  Roll Eyes

But whatever, I'll live  Grin
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:01:05 AM by the_randomizer » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14687 on: June 05, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »

And I was never aware of that change, could have been nice to know that, unless it was in the change log. Oh well.  Why wasn't I told that, now I feel like a jackass  Roll Eyes

But whatever, I'll live  Grin
    lolz its all cool, just dont forget Tongue

but ya, i think its listed in the BB change list.. i think? "support for multi stream brstm's". so ya, brstm's with more than 1 stream in them do have static sounds in them, bj isnt sure y tho, so if that gets fixed somehow, then u probably wont get any static sounds when making a brstm.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14688 on: June 05, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »

but ya, i think its listed in the BB change list.. i think? "support for multi stream brstm's". so ya, brstm's with more than 1 stream in them do have static sounds in them, bj isnt sure y tho, so if that gets fixed somehow, then u probably wont get any static sounds when making a brstm.

Bugger, figured as much. Gonna use 0.67 in the mean time then. Oh well.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14689 on: June 05, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

I found a strange problem when loading Gilgamesh/Stay Night with BrawlBox v0.68 (b and c included...)

Here is the description :

Before I use it in BB v0.68, it looked like this :

This is just my CSP with BB v0.67

When I used BB v0.68, it looks like this
    Impossible to open if I don't save it...

After saving with BB v0.68, it looks like this :

What could cause this ?
    I have some models with this information (less null weight, around 100~125) and the model still loads

EDIT : This Gilgamesh model comes from Fate/Unlimited Codes, PS2/PSP game
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:11:19 PM by DarkFire » Logged

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14690 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »

perhaps im wrong but the fixing normal thing doesn´t work for me.
    result is still the same as in the earlier versions

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #14691 on: June 05, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »

Okay, there is a serious issue in Brawl Box 0.68 when it comes to BRSTM creation and when you upload them to brawlcustommusic.com. The files uploaded to that site have static in the right audio channel, but when played back on Brawl Box 0.67 and 0.68, they sound perfectly normal. I know 0.68 is responsible because I tested a BRSTM I made from 0.67 and it had no such issues. I don't know what is causing this, but it's rather baffling.

I was going to bring this up, but I wanted to confirm that It wasn't just before I did. Too bad the person that I asked to confirm this never did, but anyway....I think there should be a check box for rather or not the BRSTM is a multi-channel BRSTM or not, similar to how there's a check box for exporting weighted normals when exporting a model.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #14692 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »

i get this when i try to view some models. i use brawlbox to make csps but i cant get some models to load. namely grey fox over meta knight.
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:21:30 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
    superben shorts: 6
    micro superben: 4
    2 stupid power rangers: 1
    Ben's answering machine: 2
    ----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14693 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »

I found a strange problem when loading Gilgamesh/Stay Night with BrawlBox v0.68 (b and c included...)

Here is the description :

Before I use it in BB v0.68, it looked like this :

This is just my CSP with BB v0.67

When I used BB v0.68, it looks like this
    Impossible to open if I don't save it...

After saving with BB v0.68, it looks like this :

What could cause this ?
    I have some models with this information (less null weight, around 100~125) and the model still loads

EDIT : This Gilgamesh model comes from Fate/Unlimited Codes, PS2/PSP game

Use v0.68c.
    Send me the model before you saved it

I was going to bring this up, but I wanted to confirm that It wasn't just before I did. Too bad the person that I asked to confirm this never did, but anyway....I think there should be a check box for rather or not the BRSTM is a multi-channel BRSTM or not, similar to how there's a check box for exporting weighted normals when exporting a model.

That'd be pointless; multichannel BRSTM encoding isn't even supported.
    The BRSTM encoder has been exactly the same since like, v0.64d.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this BRSTM error for the life of me. Made a bunch of BRSTMS, mono and stereo, looped and unlooped, and they all sounded great in BB and in-game.

I'm going to need some examples.

perhaps im wrong but the fixing normal thing doesn´t work for me.
    result is still the same as in the earlier versions

Your normals must just be straight-up screwed then.
    You're definitely doing something wrong; this has been the only remaining problem with normals for a while, and now it's fixed.

i get this when i try to view some models. i use brawlbox to make csps but i cant get some models to load. namely grey fox over meta knight.

Are you using v0.68c?
    Send me the model if you are.

*more than 2 streams.
    Streams aren't always stereo

Damn all you people for reporting errors that aren't there.
    How come you guys can't report normal bugs? D:
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:34:46 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #14694 on: June 05, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »

That'd be pointless; multichannel BRSTM encoding isn't even supported.
    The BRSTM encoder has been exactly the same since like, v0.64d.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this BRSTM error for the life of me. Made a bunch of BRSTMS, mono and stereo, looped and unlooped, and they all sounded great in BB and in-game.

I'm going to need some examples.

Try playing the BRSTM in Winamp. You'll notice It. I can send you a BRSTM I made If you need an example.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14695 on: June 05, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »

Try playing the BRSTM in Winamp. You'll notice It. I can send you a BRSTM I made If you need an example.

Can you send one? I'm just shocked that doing nothing to code could break it. lmao

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14696 on: June 05, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »

There is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not. It says in the information the audio is two channels, which is what it's supposed to be, but the fact that a BRSTM sounds effed up in 0.68b but not 0.67b says something is amiss.

Can you send one? I'm just shocked that doing nothing to code could break it. lmao

Like I said before, the playback on Brawl Box is fine, BUT try uploading a BRSTM made from 0.68b to Brawl Custom Music's website, THEN play it back using the site's flash player. It gets corrupted, but uploading a similar BRSTM from 0.67b does NOT have the same playback issue on the site.
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:46:13 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #14697 on: June 05, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »

There is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not.

I didn't say that. I was suggesting adding that so this problem doesn't occur.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14698 on: June 05, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »

There is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not. It says in the information the audio is two channels, which is what it's supposed to be, but the fact that a BRSTM sounds effed up in 0.68b but not 0.67b says something is amiss.

Like I said before, the playback on Brawl Box is fine, BUT try uploading a BRSTM made from 0.68b to Brawl Custom Music's website, THEN play it back using the site's flash player. It gets corrupted, but uploading a similar BRSTM from 0.67b does NOT have the same playback issue on the site.

Okay, I wasn't sure, but I don't know what went wrong between versions. But I suggested to Blackjax96 to upload the BRSTM to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ that he made from 0.68b, then try making the same song from 0.67b and compare the results with the site's music player.

If there's static during the playback on the site, the song will be rejected by the admins, as they are very stringent when it comes to clean audio upon uploading. The fact uploaded songs from 0.67b sound fine, but when 0.68b-uploaded files do NOT sound fine on the site tells me something is wrong.

Stahp.
    I heard the problem in Winamp and am fixing it.
    I'll let you know when it's not a problem anymore.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14699 on: June 05, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »

Stahp.
    I heard the problem in Winamp and am fixing it.
    I'll let you know when it's not a problem anymore.

Thought the description (or "report") I made wasn't clear enough, so I provided information. But I went overboard at responding and repeating myself it seems  Wink Sounds to me that this was hardly a "bug" worthy of reporting. Heck, I would've been better off not reporting the damn thing in the first place.  The only real "issue" is that it outputs as static on the Brawl custom music site.  

All I wanted to do was confirm if it was my end or not, but it seems others have taken notice of it as being a slight inconvenience.  But, if it's an underlying issue, then by all means.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:20:55 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 977 978 979 [980] 981 982 983 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: