Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I have Windows 8 too and I've never had any problems with any version of Brawlbox. You can try running it in compatibility mode, but no guarantees It's gonna do anything.

June 14, 2013, 09:52:09 AM #14731 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:57:13 AM by BrawlNoob
MDL0's from Mario Kart Wii causes Brawlbox to crash when previewed.  :oshi:



Quote from: BrawlNoob on June 14, 2013, 09:52:09 AM
MDL0's from Mario Kart Wii causes Brawlbox to crash when previewed.  :oshi:

it works fine for me O_o
the only problem i have is the game freezes when i add some bones

Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it, but in the Edit All window, it appears you can only type in the scale section for CHR0s

I wonder...  if the new smash bros fro wii U uses Brawl as it's base...  Will hacking the game become easy and possible?

**on topic**

Any new BJ on Ikaros/Ikarus moveset editor?

Quote from: namq on June 14, 2013, 06:40:47 PM
I wonder...  if the new smash bros fro wii U uses Brawl as it's base...  Will hacking the game become easy and possible?

**on topic**

Any new BJ on Ikaros/Ikarus moveset editor?

He actually made a new thread for that:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59868.30
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: DSX8-sama on June 13, 2013, 04:31:45 AM
dude.. i have windows 8 and it works perfectly fine for me. so idk what ur issue is at all O.o
Well, when ever I run it, it wont even load.

Quote from: Derpcraft on June 15, 2013, 05:38:56 AM
Well, when ever I run it, it wont even load.
Does anything happen upon running the executable?
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

When I duplicate an object, it uses the same texture as the original, despite changing the material of the duplicated object.

However, if I hid the original object in the viewer, it uses the proper material.

I'm using this for Final Smash eyes. Is there any way to fix this?

June 17, 2013, 07:52:45 PM #14739 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:58:34 PM by Manki
It feels like years since I have been back on this thread. The progress that has been pumping out is enormous. I might be able to try a few new things with the latest build...

Quote from: Nanobuds on June 17, 2013, 06:45:19 PM
When I duplicate an object, it uses the same texture as the original, despite changing the material of the duplicated object.

However, if I hid the original object in the viewer, it uses the proper material.

I'm using this for Final Smash eyes. Is there any way to fix this?
Save, and reopen. Then the objects will be independent of one another.



Will any program devs be disturbed if I move the model viewer and collision editor out of Brawllib and into Brawlbox? They don't really belong in the dll.

Quote from: マンスタ8 on June 10, 2013, 05:36:48 AM
I'm vertexing a model and sometimes it rotates a bone when I have bones off, is this a known problem?

It is now.

Quote from: Iwvi on June 11, 2013, 09:33:57 PM
I have a doubt that I hope BJ or someone can answer. When Importing models into brawlbox, there is one parameter or something that I am not sure how it is defined. It is the one that makes stuff change color on certain moments. C. Falcon's falcon punch for example, turns some stuff redish-orangeish. When I import models, that seems to be set randomly. Sometimes the whole model, sometimes just bits, others none. Is there a way to manually change this after importing?

wat

Quote from: toonlink444 on June 11, 2013, 10:19:01 PM
This may have been said, but after using the collision editor the model previewer won't display the first time you open it. You have to close it and reopen it. Sorry if you already know this.

Fixed

Quote from: fake_jokekid on June 12, 2013, 11:18:16 AM
does that mean DAEs will work for everyone?

Hopefully, yeah. I thought they already did.

Quote from: Anonymous on June 14, 2013, 05:59:11 PM
Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it, but in the Edit All window, it appears you can only type in the scale section for CHR0s

I can fix it!

Quote from: Nanobuds on June 17, 2013, 06:45:19 PM
When I duplicate an object, it uses the same texture as the original, despite changing the material of the duplicated object.

However, if I hid the original object in the viewer, it uses the proper material.

I'm using this for Final Smash eyes. Is there any way to fix this?

I thought I fixed that in v0.68c. I'll look at it again.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 19, 2013, 04:09:18 AM
yaaaaawnn...
CTools brres'es still don't work.
New link: http://bayfiles.net/file/Rr75/pAZivJ/course_model.brres

They sure don't!
It's got a UV set with a divisor of 249. The highest allowed divisor is 64.
I'll just add a divisor clamp...

June 19, 2013, 06:11:21 PM #14744 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:14:59 PM by DimitriPilot3
Quote from: the_randomizer on June 05, 2013, 02:56:17 AM
Okay, there is a serious issue in Brawl Box 0.68 when it comes to BRSTM creation and when you upload them to brawlcustommusic.com. The files uploaded to that site have static in the right audio channel, but when played back on Brawl Box 0.67 and 0.68, they sound perfectly normal. I know 0.68 is responsible because I tested a BRSTM I made from 0.67 and it had no such issues. I don't know what is causing this, but it's rather baffling.
I found this issue a long while back; about time I share my findings.

The RSTM stereo header generated by BrawlBox in versions 0.68 (and above) has a misaligned pointer somewhere in the channel codec info (at [B0..B7], the pointer reads 000000AA instead of 000000A8), with channel #2 data being shifted accordingly (to the right by 2 bytes), which causes vgmstream (plugin for Winamp and XMPlay) and similar software to fail at reading the DSP coefs for channel #2 properly, resulting in static-ish audio.
Whereas a Wii game might handle this misalignment without glitching out, with vgmstream it's another story.

Compare the two files below with a hex editor to see what I mean:
- From BrawlBox v0.67b: http://www.mediafire.com/?bxcmv22n81popi9
- From BrawlBox v0.68 and higher: http://www.mediafire.com/?pv7rw6u3beu6cwd

As generated by v0.68 and higher, channel #1 codec info appears to have an extra 2 bytes of "unused" data (00 00) at the end.  Channel #2 codec info begins right after these 2 bytes, and thus is no longer aligned by 4 bytes (as before in v0.67b).  Wii might handle this fine - and so does my BRSTM template for HexEdit (based on vgmstream and BrawlBox IIRC) which deals with all the pointer stuff - but, in any case, vgmstream doesn't.  The "fix" would be to make sure that this size computation error doesn't happen in BrawlBox any more.

Hopefully that's enough information.