Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3813406 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15135 on: August 19, 2013, 05:09:07 AM »

I am in love with the things you will add! yay for a proper REL editor, yay for (Finally) interpolartion and yay for Ikarus! <3

could you do the thing I recommended? a "Set Key" and "Automate Key" button? trust me, many animaters can be happy about it!

Stupid Tinypic :C

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15136 on: August 19, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »

Interpolation editing is complete:

You can drag the blue line to change the frame, drag the keyframes to anywhere, view all of the interpolation or just a the selected keyframe, modify the tangent slopes, and turn off tangent generation. I also added a button under View->Animations to run CHR0, SRT0 or SHP0 linearly (the button in the image above that says Linear Display doesn't run the animation linearly, it only displays the interpolation as linear). The display changes automatically when you click the different animation boxes.

The only thing else I could add would be the ability to drag the tangent points, but I was hesitant about that since the screen adjusts itself to display all of the interpolation and would most likely mess up the dragging. I guess I could try it.

Sums up me feelings nicely

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15137 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »

A shader can have up to 16 stages. A stage holds color interpolation information to blend colors together from various sources (with the previous stage's output color, usually). You can add a stage to a shader by right clicking it -> Add Stage.

The shader only combines/blends colors together, it doesn't do anything else.
    Everything else is handled by the material.

Color and Alpha are always used by the shader. The display of alpha and opacity is determined by the material, not the shader, by using Alpha Testing or Blending, respectively.

Lighting can be enabled through the LightChannels in the material. You can enable Color and Alpha lighting there. If you disable Color for LightChannel1, the material will appear to glow since it won't be shadowed.

Here's some more specs that I never finished:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39649.msg801237#msg801237
    Makes me wonder why Shaders aren't directly a part of Materials.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15138 on: August 19, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »

Lighting can be enabled through the LightChannels in the material. You can enable Color and Alpha lighting there. If you disable Color for LightChannel1, the material will appear to glow since it won't be shadowed.

Oh i have almost forget, BrawlBox does not save the value of MaterialColor I change in the LightChannel1.

With a "save as" the values return to the default setting and with a "save" BrawlBox won't save at all.

EDIT : i'm gonna try with a older version of brawlBox, see if it's work.

EDIT 2 : Work with v66.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:28:10 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15139 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

Oh i have almost forget, BrawlBox does not save the value of MaterialColor I change in the LightChannel1.

With a "save as" the values return to the default setting and with a "save" BrawlBox won't save at all.

EDIT : i'm gonna try with a older version of brawlBox, see if it's work.

EDIT 2 : Work with v66.

Fixed, thanks for reporting. It will work in v0.69.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to change another value in the material that's not in the light channel settings.

Makes me wonder why Shaders aren't directly a part of Materials.

Because maybe you'd want two materials that display the same texture in the exact same way, except one uses transparent pixels and one doesn't. Alpha testing, which enables transparent pixels, is controlled by the material, so it's more efficient if the two use the same shader instead of two seperate ones in each material that do the exact same thing.

I think memory management might be the only reason though. When generating a GLSL shader for OpenGL, the material and the shader are combined into one fragment shader.

Sums up me feelings nicely

lol I knew you'd love it
    It's about time we could edit the interpolation anyway Im srs here
    I'm somewhat surprised you guys have coped without editing the tangent slopes.

So all the stage of a shader work together at the same time ?
    Or they are only active under certain conditions ?

They're always active and applied in order. The first stages blends some colors, then the next stage takes its output color ("PreviousColor") and blends it with some more colors.

Each stage sends its output color to the "PreviousRegister" usually (I'm assuming this defaults to Register0), but there are three different registers you can output the color to. I'm not sure how this works exactly so its best to leave it at PreviousRegister.

Ulala
    Expert Kitten

Wii Fit TRAINER is a HEALTHNUT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15140 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »

Hey BlackJax, out of the things planned currently, which is the most anticipated feature that has yet to come?

I'm really hoping for an easier way to create animations. I have so many custom taunt animations in Mario Kart Wii & SSBB, that it'll take forever to finish them all. Got 7/10 of them down and they're all dance animations for Ulala (plus combining them into a looping 989 frame animation).

You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15141 on: August 21, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »

It's about time we could edit the interpolation anyway Im srs here
    I'm somewhat surprised you guys have coped without editing the tangent slopes.
    That's actually one of the main reasons why I never became an animator. I couldn't change the "smoothness" of turning points (keyframes), so I never really got satisfied with even the simplest stage animations.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15142 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:50 PM »

You have to add a new REFF and EFLS entry, link the new REFF entry to the EFLS entry by name and set the BRRES id if you want to attach a model to the effect, then call the newly added effect in PSA with the External Graphic event using the index of the new EFLS entry.

If you want to link textures to the REFF, you can do that with REFT, and if you want to link an effect to a model bone, you can do that with an RE3D entry added to the EFLS entry, which has its BRRES ID linked to a brres with a model.

Although you can't add REFF entries it seems, so I'll add a button for that in the next version.

Wait, does that mean now we can simply copy/past a external GFX into another character and we have only need to set a new index and fit the new BRRES ID ???

Next project after Blaze

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15143 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »

Hey BlackJax, out of the things planned currently, which is the most anticipated feature that has yet to come?

I'm really hoping for an easier way to create animations. I have so many custom taunt animations in Mario Kart Wii & SSBB, that it'll take forever to finish them all. Got 7/10 of them down and they're all dance animations for Ulala (plus combining them into a looping 989 frame animation).

I dunnur. Sounds like you want Inverse Kinematics, and they may or may not be coming soon.

That's actually one of the main reasons why I never became an animator. I couldn't change the "smoothness" of turning points (keyframes), so I never really got satisfied with even the simplest stage animations.

Well now you'll have no excuse.
    I'm looking forward to those animations huehhuehhuehhuehhuehhueh

Wait, does that mean now we can simply copy/past a external GFX into another character and we have only need to set a new index and fit the new BRRES ID ???

pretty much

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15144 on: August 21, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »

pretty much

Amazing !

I'm gonna try tomorow.

EDIT : holy sh** that work !
    Swapping a external GFX gonna be realy easy now, thanks a lot BlackJax !  Happy Face

EDIT 2 :
    Does it's possible for the next version of brawlBox, to have an option who add directly one new vis0, pat0.... entry in all the animation data and with the possibility to rename at the same time all file in the animation data who share the same name ?

This little thing can make the work of a animator a lot faster and beak the boring part.
    Please & thanks !  Smiley
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:36:42 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15145 on: August 23, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

Fixed, thanks for reporting. It will work in v0.69. In the meantime, a workaround would be to change another value in the material that's not in the light channel settings. Because maybe you'd want two materials that display the same texture in the exact same way, except one uses transparent pixels and one doesn't. Alpha testing, which enables transparent pixels, is controlled by the material, so it's more efficient if the two use the same shader instead of two seperate ones in each material that do the exact same thing. I think memory management might be the only reason though. When generating a GLSL shader for OpenGL, the material and the shader are combined into one fragment shader. lol I knew you'd love it It's about time we could edit the interpolation anyway Im srs here I'm somewhat surprised you guys have coped without editing the tangent slopes. They're always active and applied in order. The first stages blends some colors, then the next stage takes its output color ("PreviousColor") and blends it with some more colors. Each stage sends its output color to the "PreviousRegister" usually (I'm assuming this defaults to Register0), but there are three different registers you can output the color to. I'm not sure how this works exactly so its best to leave it at PreviousRegister.
    now explain the GL Advanced Texturing layer X3
    (Since the wii doesn't have a "GPU" which shaders are compiled on)
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:59:41 PM by DarkPika » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

yadayada
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15146 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »

It's been a while since I've done anything brawl modding related in a while. I have one question: Is direct animation importing from an outside source possible with Brawlbox? Sorry if it's answered already somewhere in this thread, but I'd rather not sift through an epoch's worth of pages.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15147 on: August 23, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

It's been a while since I've done anything brawl modding related in a while. I have one question: Is direct animation importing from an outside source possible with Brawlbox? Sorry if it's answered already somewhere in this thread, but I'd rather not sift through an epoch's worth of pages.
    if u can get the animations into 3ds max, then u can use the animation exporter script for 3ds max, and it'll be saved as a .txt file.. then just use BB to import that .txt file and it'll turn into a chr0. but warning, it gives it a big filesize.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15148 on: August 23, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »

There's a script included in teh newer Brawlbox revisions that lets you export animations from 3ds max to a .txt file that the new BB reads. However, the script is very picky on what bones/helpers it reads. It must be bones from Brawl .daes for it to work. Most other models's bones will not work.

Another catch is that sometimes a bone just get flatout ignored.

The reason it outputs a huge filesize is because it keyframes just about every frame, even if the bone only has 1 keyframe in 3ds max.
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:42:32 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15149 on: August 23, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »

The reason it outputs a huge filesize is because it keyframes just about every frame, even if the bone only has 1 keyframe in 3ds max.

Im srs here
    DarkPikachu is displeased

if I studied the CHR0 format better I could make a better blender 26 I/O script for you guys.
    BJ, you need to improve that or something... Undecided

otherwize people will get oversize issues.

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Pages:  1 ... 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: