Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.




Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 15, 2011, 08:32:06 PM
So, what's working in it, so far?

http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=umcrel&action=display&thread=85 <- need to UD a little
mdl0 plugin: http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=umcrel&thread=82&page=1

Quote from: ds22 on March 15, 2011, 08:47:07 PM
And how does it work?

how to use:
1: run the program
2: select the import file (check the extension)
3: if referenced by more than 1 plugin, select the type of conversion to do (not fully implemented yet)
- else skip this step
4: type, or select the export file (type the extension)
5: same as 3

and wait for the program to finish :)
that's it.

How it works:
takes the import file and compairs the extension to the returned extension from a list of plugins,
once the conversion type is set, converts the file to my global format 'global.tmp'
then converts the tmp to the export file which is set by the same method as the import file.
note: files are selected before conversion begins.
also, cancelling at any time closes the program :) (before conversion)

for info on my tmp format, refer to here:
http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=umcrel&action=display&thread=81
^need to UD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You run it with Python?
And if so, with what program in the Python folder?

Quote from: ds22 on March 15, 2011, 10:24:35 PM
You run it with Python?
And if so, with what program in the Python folder?

just python

using 2.6
but can run on 2.5 and not sure how many versions lower

and no add-ons

I use Tk :)

I hate add-ons like wxPy or whatever

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

No addons necessary?
Awesome.
And, a coding question:
Do you get the extension by splitting the file name string at the period?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

btw, forgot to notify about backups

in the program directory: fileconvert_2.0b
create the folder 'backups'

so there should be:

fileconvert_2.0b/
   plugins/
       brawl.py
       obj.py
   backups/
       *import file*.tmp
   UMC.py (or .pyw)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 15, 2011, 10:36:28 PM
No addons necessary?
Awesome.
And, a coding question:
Do you get the extension by splitting the file name string at the period?

yep imfl.split('.')[-1]

imfl and exfl are my import and export vars
just read the comments :)
I think I stated it... >.>

note: I don't actually open the file until the plugin is selected...
that's why I have an info function:

#mdl0 plugin v0.2b
def inf(support,im_types,ex_types,SC_types): #plugin information
   support.append("*.mdl0") #supported import type
   im_types.append(('Brawl','*.mdl0')) #individual import type
   #ex_types.append(('Brawl','*.mdl0')) #individual export type
   SC_types.append(['mdl0','Brawl','im_brawl','ex_brawl'])

the SC_types are new

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

imfl?
I'm guessing that stands for 'import file'.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 15, 2011, 10:41:30 PM
imfl?
I'm guessing that stands for 'import file'.

yep

but in the plugins, you'll find 'fr' and 'fw'
'FileRead' and 'FileWrite'

also

in the inf function

'support' is for the supported filetypes
'im_types' and 'ex_types' are individuals
'SC_types' is for the Safety Check window

the SCW is for multiple plugins on the same format.
it shows a list of buttons for selecting the proper plugin...

I can't seem to get the command to work on them though >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey 404

you seem to be pretty interested...
1: how much do you know about Py?? (hopefully more than me)
2: would you like to help out??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Is this a plugin for 3DS max?
Or does it simply convert the file itself?
I'm cornfused D:

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 15, 2011, 10:58:34 PM
Is this a plugin for 3DS max?
Or does it simply convert the file itself?
I'm cornfused D:

it converts the file itself...

the plugins are for my converter...
but the plugins are what do all the work of actually opening the file...

def impt(imfl,imSC,debug): #import function
   if imfl.split(".")[-1] == "mdl0" and imSC == 'Brawl': #check extension + safety check (requitred)
       fr = open(imfl,'rb') #open mdl0 file
       fw = open('global.tmp','w') #global template format file

notice the safety check  var as well... 'imSC'

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 15, 2011, 10:54:29 PM
hey 404

you seem to be pretty interested...
1: how much do you know about Py?? (hopefully more than me)
2: would you like to help out??
1. Just the basic commands, a few math functions, the while loop, and text file reading/writing. I'm in a programming course (which is available to freshmen at our school, which is awesome)
2. Sure, but I don't know much about the format. Or anything about 3D model files, really XD

FC: 2191-7379-6272