Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SuperSmasher on July 08, 2011, 11:27:37 PM
everything i sad did not work now works  ;D

aight, I'll update the official download then.
Thank bloody hell that problem's solved, that could've been bad O_o



Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 08, 2011, 11:38:02 PM
Yeah, I know >_>
well might as well download this updated version xP

also, would u be adding scenedata editing into ur BB? just curious.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on July 08, 2011, 11:45:41 PM
well might as well download this updated version xP

also, would u be adding scenedata editing into ur BB? just curious.

Oh yeah sure, I just haven't gotten around to it XP

Lots. Of. CODE!!!!1
It's like a sea

Btw, I was trying out my PMD importer recently. I kept it in this build just so you guys could try it out. It's not as done as the dae importer (there's no mesh, and bones aren't linked, etc) but it's a lot faster than the dae importer and doesn't EVER fail XD. It's still a huge wip though so don't expect it to work like the dae importer.

HOPEFULLY this will be THE LAST update for a WHILE. phew (I updated the Brawlvault)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 08, 2011, 11:52:27 PM
Oh yeah sure, I just haven't gotten around to it XP

Lots. Of. CODE!!!!1
It's like a sea

Btw, I was trying out my PMD importer recently. I kept it in this build just so you guys could try it out. It's not as done as the dae importer (there's no mesh, and bones aren't linked, etc) but it's a lot faster than the dae importer and doesn't EVER fail XD. It's still a huge wip though so don't expect it to work like the dae importer.

HOPEFULLY this will be THE LAST update for a WHILE. phew (I updated the Brawlvault)
hahaha lots of codes u say? well glad that u'll be adding that into ur BB version... cause i love editing the lighting x3

and whats PMD? O.o i've never heard of that extension..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on July 08, 2011, 11:59:28 PM
hahaha lots of codes u say? well glad that u'll be adding that into ur BB version... cause i love editing the lighting x3

and whats PMD? O.o i've never heard of that extension..

Miku Miku Dance model. They're not widely supported for being able to be converted to other model types, except for the one 3ds Max script that MK64n wrote to import them, and even that errors one some models. There's a bunch of Blender scripts to import PMDs, but none of them work right XD

I just came across the specs for PMD and was like, hey, why not build an importer into Brawlbox?
What's included in the download is how far I've gotten working on it. (It's not my top priority)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 09, 2011, 12:07:57 AM
Miku Miku Dance model. They're not widely supported for being able to be converted to other model types, except for the one 3ds Max script that MK64n wrote to import them, and even that errors one some models. There's a bunch of Blender scripts to import PMDs, but none of them work right XD

I just came across the specs for PMD and was like, hey, why not build an importer into Brawlbox?
What's included in the download is how far I've gotten working on it. (It's not my top priority)
ah i see... not bad... so now it can do .PMD and .DAE models o.o.... u sir r absolutely a genius
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on July 09, 2011, 12:10:08 AM
ah i see... not bad... so now it can do .PMD and .DAE models o.o.... u sir r absolutely a genius

Sort of, like I said, there's no mesh, and the bones aren't linked D:
I'm still not sure exactly how to convert PMD geometry into MDL0 geometry, but I'll get it done eventually.

Here's what I mean:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's the raw PMD model of Yoko Littner imported straight into Brawlbox, no 3ds Max conversion included.

Works now but still cant import .dae :(

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
This is how I hack
Old Avatars:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4969&Moderated=All

Quote from: Tow Mater on July 09, 2011, 12:45:01 AM
Works now but still cant import .dae :(
If your running a 64bit computer, then no, the importer still can't import.
Although the .pmd importer does seem to function on 64bit.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I guess it's safe for me to say I've also been working on a PMD plugin for my converter...
using the same src and specs BJ has :)

although I don't have very much done except for the plugin header and the pmd magic =3=

I'm working on more plugins than MDL0, DAT, DAE, OBJ, and PMD though

by the time of the first release, I should have > 15 plugins.

yes, this will take a while,
but it'll garuntee a better structured conversion format ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey TCLL....
Can you pm me how you managed to make Pikachu's texture have that neon 'glow' effect you talked about a while back. >_>

I'm working on a sort of celestial being character and I think that effect would really add some depth to the character. I want her to look sort of otherworldly but not evil, and a little glow might help.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 09, 2011, 02:24:40 AMHey TCLL.... Can you pm me how you managed to make Pikachu's texture have that neon 'glow' effect you talked about a while back. >_> I'm working on a sort of celestial being character and I think that effect would really add some depth to the character. I want her to look sort of otherworldly but not evil, and a little glow might help.
Maybe that's how Tabuu has it!
Cuz if you port Tabuu over someone he has that glow!(No PSA using GFX needed!)
I know this from the Tabuu project over Ganondorf.

Quote from: SmashClash on July 09, 2011, 02:30:50 AM
Maybe that's how Tabuu has it!
Cuz if you port Tabuu over someone he has that glow!(No PSA using GFX needed!)
I know this from the Tabuu project over Ganondorf.

Hmm, so Tabuu has that same glowey effect, I wonder if I can figure out how it works.
Though, problem is I only want certain parts of the texture to 'glow' like that.