Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DSX8 on September 09, 2011, 05:31:15 PM
my god... why am i the only 1 thats having luck with the tutorial...? -_-

Notice, only Tokoyami and NZM are having problems.
You see where I'm going with this statement? :vyse:

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 09, 2011, 02:01:34 PM
Why can't I see my models on BrawlBox even after those tutorials? Is it because they weren't on Mario Kart format or MikuMikuDance format (pmd), but mere OBJs and DAEs BEFORE being exported as Autodesk DAEs? The only step I didn't do was the PMD thing on MikuMikuDance, since I had none... Is there a way to convert my OBJs as PMDs or export as PMD?

The format the model is in at first means nothing. If you can see it in 3ds Max, you will be able to see it in Brawlbox.
You're doing something wrong.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 09, 2011, 05:32:15 PM

Probably cause you're doing stage models and not actual characters....

And yet I was able to flawlessly import a character model, rigged, fixed, textured and all in under 24 minutes.

BlackJax my i ask my model does not have bones how do i put it in brawl box if it has not bones?
 
             

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 09, 2011, 11:16:33 PM
And yet I was able to flawlessly import a character model, rigged, fixed, textured and all in under 24 minutes.
and im able to get a fully stage imported within 30mins.. just depends on wat kind of model it is really, some r easy to fix, and some r hard to fix (like the soul calibur 4 stages)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 09, 2011, 11:30:25 PM #3783 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:51:05 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: dark sonic 19 on September 09, 2011, 11:23:53 PM
BlackJax my i ask my model does not have bones how do i put it in brawl box if it has not bones?

If it's a stage, then just import it with no bones. If it's a character and you want to be able to play as it, you have to rig the model to a skeleton.

Quote from: Oshtoby on September 09, 2011, 06:59:02 AM
In response to your video, you say the only reason it doesn't appear in game is the shader. Can you not take a shader from another model? Or am I missing something? I've done work with shaders in the past.
Example of my work:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Cool :O Although I've been working on shaders for a long time, I wouldn't think you know any more than I do... Do you know what the values for each command do? That's basically the only thing I'll need to do for shaders once I make them fully editable. You can't take a shader from another model, unless it has the same amount of material refs in the materials that reference it.

Also, there's a few other little things I need to finish writing to the MDL0 that most people wouldn't understand.

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 09, 2011, 08:59:00 PM
No, I mean't Rikku. This chica, http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2939/24085/rikku-cid.jpg . I have a moveset planned out and everything, she's going to play similarly to snake :p

EDIT: Couldn't you simply swap the shader with some other characters? Or would it not be applied properly due to the naming of the polygons/bones/etc?

Most likely wouldn't work, because the shader references textures in the materials that use it.
Also, it's not hard to write shaders. I just need to get around to coding it. Also, in the words of Kryal, it's possible to generate a default shader for a material, but not possible to generate a material without user modifications, which is true for the most part.

September 09, 2011, 11:57:31 PM #3784 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:02:23 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
Rumors goes on that you've used an upgraded BrawlBox in your tutorial that, supposedly only you and Pikazz have, some says it's the finished one with the importer/exporter! Is it true or a mere rumor somebody told me?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 09, 2011, 11:57:31 PM
Rumors goes on that you've used an upgraded BrawlBox in your tutorial that, supposedly only you and Pikazz have, some says it's the finished one with the importer/exporter! Is it true or a mere rumor somebody told me?

Pikazz doesn't have the version I used in the tutorial, only I do.
I need to finish some things and make sure the models it makes work in game before I release it. :vyse:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 05, 2011, 10:48:30 PMThe rigging is really complicated... I can explain if you want, but it might turn out to be a wall of text XD
*pulls out a pen and a notebook* Please explain, as it's currently the only thing I don't understand about MDL0s at the moment.

I'm just putting this out there, I find this very interesting and I appreciate that you've basically documented and kept us up to date on what you're doing instead of simply releasing things as you get it done. I like to know what's going on, plus it has the benefit of some possible outsider knowing some information you wouldn't know otherwise (not insulting your intelligence) so thank you, BlackJax96.

September 10, 2011, 12:09:15 AM #3788 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:13:40 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 09, 2011, 11:30:25 PMIf it's a stage, then just import it with no bones. If it's a character and you want to be able to play as it, you have to rig the model to a skeleton.
Hmmm. how I do that? I wish to give my textures skeletons of Zelda and Sheik, but I don't know how...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 09, 2011, 11:30:25 PMNotice, only Tokoyami and NZM are having problems.
You see where I'm going with this statement?  
I requested that someone checks the problems on my DAEs, and they say they can see it in BrawlBox, so they sent it back to me, but when I opened those files, I saw nothing but the big fat boneless blank!!! I somewhat feels discouraged...

BJ, these models (http://www.mediafire.com/?kxjxht57af3mdc4) are the ones who were given to me, and are the ones supposed to work in BrawlBox.  Are they visible in your BrawlBox? Not in mine... Do BrawlBox need any plug-ins to correctly see textures? Someone just told me that. AND I've successfully exported MDL0s out of my ''Blank textures". It it unusual?

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: RandomTBush on September 10, 2011, 12:01:13 AM
*pulls out a pen and a notebook* Please explain, as it's currently the only thing I don't understand about MDL0s at the moment.

Alright, I'll start to type it up. :)

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 10, 2011, 12:02:26 AM
I'm just putting this out there, I find this very interesting and I appreciate that you've basically documented and kept us up to date on what you're doing instead of simply releasing things as you get it done. I like to know what's going on, plus it has the benefit of some possible outsider knowing some information you wouldn't know otherwise (not insulting your intelligence) so thank you, BlackJax96.

No problem, I like to keep everyone updated. :D

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 10, 2011, 12:09:15 AM
Hmmm. how I do that? I wish to give my textures skeletons of Zelda and Sheik, but I don't know how...
I requested that someone checks the problems on my DAEs, and they say they can see it in BrawlBox, so they sent it back to me, but when I opened those files, I saw nothing but the big fat boneless blank!!! I somewhat feels discouraged...

BJ, these models (http://www.mediafire.com/?kxjxht57af3mdc4) are the ones who were given to me, and are the ones supposed to work in BrawlBox.  Are they visible in your BrawlBox? Not in mine... Do BrawlBox need any plug-ins to correctly see textures? Someone just told me that. AND I've successfully exported MDL0s out of my ''Blank textures". It it unusual?



For your first response, that's a completely different tutorial. Err, you could try it by following the link to the tutorial by Justin712 I have posted on the OP. Good luck...

*sigh* I'll look at your models, but figure out the problem by yourself next time. Nobody told me the answers to my problems while I worked on Brawlbox, and yet somehow I manged to get to where I am now. :srs:

But if I exported MDL0s out of my blank textures, does this means I could export MDL0s when the texture would be visible AND make them work in Brawl?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 09, 2011, 11:57:31 PM
Rumors goes on that you've used an upgraded BrawlBox in your tutorial that, supposedly only you and Pikazz have, some says it's the finished one with the importer/exporter! Is it true or a mere rumor somebody told me?
why would I? :vyse:
except for beta test it and look for errors.
but I am using this released version to look why it gets ingame lag by the new bones,
like finding a needle in haystack :>.>:
it's not impossible, just takes alot of time
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 10, 2011, 12:21:44 AM
But if I exported MDL0s out of my blank textures, does this means I could export MDL0s when the texture would be visible AND make them work in Brawl?

How do you export an MDL0 from a texture and why does your model only have 1 texture

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 10, 2011, 12:23:26 AMHow do you export an MDL0 from a texture and why does your model only have 1 texture
Whoops! Wrong link. *facepalm* http://www.mediafire.com/?saqgfjcff7l6w19 THIS is the correct one. Containing both a DAE and an OBJ, the textures are included within those. I can't seem to be able to put the textures on the OBJ, which has no skeleton. THE DAE has the skeleton from the game Dissidia Duodecim on the PSP, and is the one I was working on.

...I think I'll clean up things in my MediaFire account
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Okay, maybe I should try saving the character as a 3DS Max scene in 3DS Max 8 and importing it into 3DS Max 10 that way?