Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

BlackJax, it seems as if the Mario Kart Wii hacking community is a step ahead of you :P

They got imported characters into the game. 404 even made a stage using that method.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Segtendo, can you send me a link? I'm interested <3.

Quote from: Ian Sullivan on September 14, 2011, 01:32:53 AM
Segtendo, can you send me a link? I'm interested <3.
The MK Wii hacking thread is in "On-Topic," while 404 just released his stage (Aperature Science [Portal FTW])
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 14, 2011, 01:32:17 AM
BlackJax, it seems as if the Mario Kart Wii hacking community is a step ahead of you :P

They got imported characters into the game. 404 even made a stage using that method.

They're not rigged.
If they are, then wtf how do you rig an obj model without support for bones.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 14, 2011, 01:35:43 AM
They're not rigged.
If they are, then wtf how do you rig an obj model without support for bones.
I'm just saying that the fact they got custom models to work in game is amazing.

That is all.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 14, 2011, 01:35:43 AM
They're not rigged.
If they are, then wtf how do you rig an obj model without support for bones.

They aren't rigged. They're positioned using 3DS Max, and they can't be animated. /:

So we're somewhere on the same page as them, maybe.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 14, 2011, 01:35:43 AM
They're not rigged.
If they are, then wtf how do you rig an obj model without support for bones.
They're not rigged, you're correct. It's a method that lends itself to stages, which can use multiple models.

FC: 2191-7379-6272


I've known about obj imports being possible to do n stuff.
DAE importing is more for character imports, but it can be used for stages too.
I've been looking at some obj model imports to learn some default settings from them >D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 14, 2011, 01:43:34 AM
I've known about obj imports being possible to do n stuff.
DAE importing is more for character imports, but it can be used for stages too.
I've been looking at some obj model imports to learn some default settings from them >D

Default Settings = the stuff about the shaders ? :D


Quote from: Ian Sullivan on September 14, 2011, 01:40:16 AM
Seg, I can't find the thread ;~;
Oops, I thought it was in "On-Topic."
Here.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Ok, I have a better way to group primitives working.

Went from this (the first test that just happened to work):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


To this, which groups primitives more dynamically:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now I just have to group triangles into tristrips to save space, and grouping primitives will be exactly how I want it to work.
Writing all the primitives as triangles works, but it takes up a lot more space than if they were tristrips.

I also fixed a problem where there was a dummy color relocation offset and wrote some default XF flags to each material.
Still working on shaders and the UVAT groups...

September 14, 2011, 03:53:06 AM #3914 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:55:53 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
BJ, when I use your BrawlBox to do some ModelSwapping, I come across a glitch galled the "TransD Glitch". People told me to use some software called '??Taboo??' to fix the TransN bone when I import a model over another character (ex: Lucario over Snake), but it never worked for me, as the Wii always crashes after the stage selection screen. I was wondering... If I export Lucario's TransN bone and put it over Snake's TransN bone, will the glitch vanish away? (Note that I must rebuild Snake's skeleton from scratch after that) Could the new BrawlBox you're making for Christmas disable the glitch automatically?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(