Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3862406 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9660 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »

This swag. I must see it Im srs here

BigOto2
    Advanced Kitten

Working on Lunar Spaceway (MKWii custom track)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9661 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »

Alright, it has come to my attention that I am the only one at fault for the keyframe bug with SRT0. This is not true at all. I never said to release with the bugs, I never tried to get Nico to release it early. Nico/BJ probably just missed the bugs, and I can totally understand that, so would everyone stop blaming me for what I didn't do!? This goes mostly to everyone on my Skype group as well as a few on this forum.

The fail frames were in scientific notation, but they are some really huge negative unrealistic number that it shouldn't be (All of the non-keyframes in this case should be between 0 and 1, and they were in the negative billions). If you want I can send you the BRRES file which has the problems (via PC, not publicly for obvious reasons). Smiley
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:45:03 AM by BigOto2 » Logged

Brandondorf9999
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9662 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »

Thanks for submitting the tool but i do need you to show the previews of the program because it is important to us to see what that is.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9663 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »

Alright, it has come to my attention that I am the only one at fault for the keyframe bug with SRT0. This is not true at all. I never said to release with the bugs, I never tried to get Nico to release it early. Nico/BJ probably just missed the bugs, and I can totally understand that, so would everyone stop blaming me for what I didn't do!? This goes mostly to everyone on my Skype group as well as a few on this forum.

The fail frames were in scientific notation, but they are some really huge negative unrealistic number that it shouldn't be (All of the keyframes in this case should be between 0 and 1, and they were in the negative billions). If you want I can send you the BRRES file which has the problems (via PC, not publicly for obvious reasons). Smiley

Nothing's your fault. Im srs here
    the haters (and then continue to laugh at them)
    You've supported me and you even said it even worked for you.

I asked you if it was displaying in scientific notation. That's not a bug, so I can't really just turn it off. It's part of .NET.
    It still works in game and in the viewer so don't worry about it for now. I'll look into seeing if I can display the numbers without scientific notation.

I think some people are starting to forget that Brawlbox is not a professional program and I'm the only one coding it.

Thanks for submitting the tool but i do need you to show the previews of the program because it is important to us to see what that is.

And what do you want me to show you?
    Just open up the model previewer and see for yourself. Don't be lazy
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:50:16 AM by Nico » Logged

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

• Awards Hot Topic Former PMDT

« Reply #9664 on: April 10, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »

Don't be an idiot.

BigOto2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9665 on: April 10, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »

Nothing's your fault. Im srs here
    the haters (and then continue to laugh at them)
    You've supported me and you even said it even worked for you.

I asked you if it was displaying in scientific notation. That's not a bug, so I can't really just turn it off. It's part of .NET.
    It still works in game and in the viewer so don't worry about it for now. I'll look into seeing if I can display the numbers without scientific notation.

I think some people are starting to forget that Brawlbox is not a professional program and I'm the only one coding it.

And what do you want me to show you?
    Just open up the model previewer and see for yourself. Don't be lazy

Problem is, this is what shows up under X-translation every time when saving this file and then reloading in BB:

Frame 1 of 60: 0
    Frame 2 of 60: -2.161725E+08
    Frame 3 of 60: -8.497818E+08
    Frame 59 of 60: -1.253801E+10
    Frame 60 of 60: 1

X-translation is the only thing I changed here using keyframes, so everything else stays at 0. This only occured after creating another custom PAT0 file in the BRRES which works perfectly.

That's some of the strangest scientific notation I've ever seen, and it doesn't show up right in game either (it shows glitchy except for a single frame every second where it loops and flashes normal). Before saving, it calculates the numbers correctly, giving only rounded irrational values that are really in between 0 and 1 (no scientific notation).

Don't worry about turning scientific notation off, because I can understand it and if others don't know it then they should learn it.  Evil
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:08:33 AM by BigOto2 » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9666 on: April 10, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »

There's no way you can miss that image! AWESOME 2.0!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9667 on: April 10, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »

There's no way you can miss that image! AWESOME 2.0!
    Where is it?

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #9668 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »

Grr...No matter what model I open, the model previewer crashes. It might be my Os though (Win8 Consumer preview), but previous versions still work fine. It seems only the model preview crashes as soon as I open it. The view area just gives me a big red x.

Looks like I'll have to work with 65c until I figure out what's wrong.

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9669 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »

I love the new look!!!

I voted for epic (epic vs the first .66 one) and  would have voted (cool vs the .65 one)

Nice update tbh

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9670 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

That layout is very nice. And from an artistic standpoint, having the viewer be more so on the right side is aesthetically pleasing to the eye xD

I'm not savy with any of the other functions of BB like model importing or w/e so I can't comment on that. But it looks much nicer and workable now.

+1

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9671 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »

When I saw this thread had jumped ahead of about 5-8 pages, I figured out it had to be a release.

Did any of my beta testers test if the messages that pop up when you import a bad model even work? Im srs here I hope they work. Im srs here
    Honestly, I didn't test out anything model related (sorry!).

But at least I helped a little on the SCN0 format Awesome Face
    Also Nico, just like you did with Spex, can you give me some feedback on how useful the SCN0 notes helped (and if I told you something you already knew)?

Well I have 1 small request now.
    Somebody make a dynamic stage with tons of dynamic animations and dynamicness!
    Make:
    Shapeshifting hills! (SHP0)
    Moving platforms! (CHR0)
    Meteors and moving water! (SRT0)
    Flashing signs! (PAT0)
    Buildings that dis/appear for no reason! (VIS0)
    Something that changes colors for no sudden reason! (CLR0)
    I can give it a try, I will base it on a hack in my vault Smiley

EDIT: also on the model viewer, looks awesome, but can you make the objects tab slightly smaler and the animation tab slightly bigger?
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:00:49 AM by Sky Grounder » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9672 on: April 10, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »

When I saw this thread had jumped ahead of about 5-8 pages, I figured out it had to be a release.
    Honestly, I didn't test out anything model related (sorry!).

But at least I helped a little on the SCN0 format Awesome Face
    Also Nico, just like you did with Spex, can you give me some feedback on how useful the SCN0 notes helped (and if I told you something you already knew)?
    I can give it a try, I will base it on a hack in my vault Smiley

Your SCN0 notes helped a lot actually. Some stuff I had already known but you did figure out some more things to help rebuild the format! Cheesy I think all I have to do now is go and parse the light entry arrays for start, end and light and then rebuild everything and it should work. The second to last value in a light entry though (usually negative but also can have really big numbers) sometimes is an offset if it's not negative. Not sure how it's controlled but I think it might be the last thing that needs to be figured out for a working rebuilder that will rebuild all types of SCN0.

And yeah you can open all the side tabs open as big as you want (bone panel and asset panel individually). You can also hide only the bones panel so you have more room to see. Having the bones panel open isn't even necessary anymore really since you can just click the bone on the model.

I love the new look!!!

I voted for epic (epic vs the first .66 one) and  would have voted (cool vs the .65 one)

Nice update tbh
    That layout is very nice. And from an artistic standpoint, having the viewer be more so on the right side is aesthetically pleasing to the eye xD

I'm not savy with any of the other functions of BB like model importing or w/e so I can't comment on that. But it looks much nicer and workable now.

+1

Thanks XD
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:07:54 AM by Nico » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9673 on: April 10, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »

actually, I don't particularly like it,
    but considering the animation support, I could get used to it Smiley

it seems to be turning out like my idea for UMC...
    (I'd put the LRS in a small corner-popup window to the left)

BigOto2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9674 on: April 10, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »

Is it possible you can review the SRT0 glitch I mentioned? I don't want to be poking attention, but it clearly is a bug that needs fixing. Smiley

Pages:  1 ... 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: