Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hmm...
then what's all that crap about scientific notation and such?? *slightly interested*

why I put "slightly":
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


EDIT: D-post finally deleted
(stupid network)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

doulbe post, :P
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

What's strange with the SRT0s is that they work properly before saving, then don't work after saving. Before saving, they show the proper decimal values between keyframes. After saving, the values become scientific notation between keyframes. I have a strange feeling that this is tied together.

The strangest thing is that it only does this to the TranslationY value. ScaleX and ScaleY seem to work properly.

BlackJax I realy need your help!!!
My model isn´t shiny in brawlbox.
And Ingame the face is dark and the light comes from back.
How can I fix it?

Quote from: Derpy Hooves on April 13, 2012, 10:41:09 PM
What's strange with the SRT0s is that they work properly before saving, then don't work after saving. Before saving, they show the proper decimal values between keyframes. After saving, the values become scientific notation between keyframes. I have a strange feeling that this is tied together.

The strangest thing is that it only does this to the TranslationY value. ScaleX and ScaleY seem to work properly.
just as BJ mentioned... 9_9

because yea, BJ was saying something about the last unknown being real strange, and that the ScaX was the only value, or something... >_>
the ScaY (or unknown) was misplaced from the rest of the values...

Quote from: DJ Lowgey on April 13, 2012, 10:52:15 PM
BlackJax I realy need your help!!!
My model isn´t shiny in brawlbox.
And Ingame the face is dark and the light comes from back.
How can I fix it?
O.O
I've had this once before with DP's eyes.

gawd if I could rmbr what I did >X(

I think it has something to dowith the normals >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DJ Lowgey on April 13, 2012, 10:52:15 PM
BlackJax I realy need your help!!!
My model isn´t shiny in brawlbox.
And Ingame the face is dark and the light comes from back.
How can I fix it?
If it means that when you look at it in brawlbox light reflects weirdly around it. Then there is a tutorial that can help you, it needs max 2010. try this tutorial

Hi Black Jax, I wanted to tell you that I'm having trouble editing the mdl0 object's UV's in the background of Delfino Plaza because when I edit the model & I export it as mdl0, some of the mdl0 objects's uvs from polygon280-polygon313 get messed up.

What if we don't like how the model viewer is set up now. ); I got really used to how it was before, in fact when v0.65c came out I kept using v0.65b for its polygon duplicator, but since you redid the model viewer, I'm still using v0.65b because I'm used to how the model viewer is, so far I used 0.66 for getting good metal textures on my first import: SMS Mario, last minute touches are bing added right now. Now where is the v0.66b Model Viewer?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on April 14, 2012, 04:08:30 AM
What if we don't like how the model viewer is set up now. ); I got really used to how it was before, in fact when v0.65c came out I kept using v0.65b for its polygon duplicator, but since you redid the model viewer, I'm still using v0.65b because I'm used to how the model viewer is, so far I used 0.66 for getting good metal textures on my first import: SMS Mario, last minute touches are bing added right now. Now where is the v0.66b Model Viewer?

Complaining about how you don't like it won't make me change it back. I explicity stated why it was changed so get used to it. I'm working on releasing v0.66b tonight so be patient.

Quote from: E-scope12 on April 14, 2012, 03:29:40 AM
Hi Black Jax, I wanted to tell you that I'm having trouble editing the mdl0 object's UV's in the background of Delfino Plaza because when I edit the model & I export it as mdl0, some of the mdl0 objects's uvs from polygon280-polygon313 get messed up.

Brawlbox can't edit UVs and there's no possible way for it to actually mess up the UVs since the raw UV data is copied over.

Guys. The layout is fine. Play around for it for a bit. It's actually pretty cool.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


 :srs: Ok so i just got brawlbox 0.66 , and when I saved after editing ONE portrait, that was in CMPR format (which would technically make the file smaller) My Sc_selchar.pac, and my common5.pac have become HUGE, and not even removing said portrait fixes it... Brawl freezes because of it so...am I screwed or can this random magic that has occurred be reversed? (Btw i tried putting it back in previous brawlbox versions, I have also tried making everything as small as can be, but it is still too big to not freeze brawl....I just need to know if brawlbox 0.66 has added something that Made it bigger)   :'(

Quote from: gin007 on April 14, 2012, 06:11:28 AM
:srs: Ok so i just got brawlbox 0.66 , and when I saved after editing ONE portrait, that was in CMPR format (which would technically make the file smaller) My Sc_selchar.pac, and my common5.pac have become HUGE, and not even removing said portrait fixes it... Brawl freezes because of it so...am I screwed or can this random magic that has occurred be reversed? (Btw i tried putting it back in previous brawlbox versions, I have also tried making everything as small as can be, but it is still too big to not freeze brawl....I just need to know if brawlbox 0.66 has added something that Made it bigger)   :'(
Compression isn't working yet.
after saving it in .66 open it in another BBox and change the compression of the ARC file to LZ77. (Don't use .65c)
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: Nico on April 14, 2012, 04:29:55 AM
Complaining about how you don't like it won't make me change it back. I explicity stated why it was changed so get used to it. I'm working on releasing v0.66b tonight so be patient.

Brawlbox can't edit UVs and there's no possible way for it to actually mess up the UVs since the raw UV data is copied over.
Well I mean that the object's UV's change because that's weird because when I used the object importer in BrawlBox v0.65b beta & I exported the model, that's how it happened. Maybe they're too much polygons. Here are some images I took when I used the object importer in .65c
from Before

Quote from: Iwvi on April 14, 2012, 03:21:34 AM
If it means that when you look at it in brawlbox light reflects weirdly around it. Then there is a tutorial that can help you, it needs max 2010. try this tutorial
no, the model looks perfect in Brbx...
the lighting is inversed in brawl
(it looks as if the normals are reversed (they're not))

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on April 14, 2012, 04:08:30 AM
What if we don't like how the model viewer is set up now. ); I got really used to how it was before, in fact when v0.65c came out I kept using v0.65b for its polygon duplicator, but since you redid the model viewer, I'm still using v0.65b because I'm used to how the model viewer is, so far I used 0.66 for getting good metal textures on my first import: SMS Mario, last minute touches are bing added right now. Now where is the v0.66b Model Viewer?
hey BJ...
might I suggest not taking it as a complaint,
but as a way to think up new ideas...

people want the viewer for what their interests are right??
SOOOO
why not make the viewer custom as to what it can display,
and then allow arrangemets as to custom positioning for the widgets.

I'm actually considering this for UGE
(but I'm stuck between that and preset layouts based on interest)
^I might just implament both >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey, BlackJax, when I drag a file onto BrawlBox v.66 it says "Open with BrawlBox v.65c".
Fix?