Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: New PSA Character -- Wisp! Version 1.2!  (Read 27514 times)
Eldiran
Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 20, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »

Hello all!  I finally finished my first real PSA character, so here it is:

WISP!

Version 1.2 download links!

Zipped
    http://www.filesavr.com/wisp
    Not Zipped
    http://www.filesavr.com/fitpurinwisp12

Mediafire download link for Version 1.1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njuryzwmwuz

Megaupload download link for Version 1.1:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKMINJ40

Old download link for 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zytfjiiwwyf

I'm afraid I'm disappointing everyone who wanted to tone down the graphic effects, because I pretty much went to the max with them.  This is, in fact, a character comprised solely of graphic effects.  Don't worry though -- 4 Wisps can, in fact, exist on the same screen, in spite of the graphics limit.

So what is Wisp, exactly?  Well, (s)he's a conglomerate of all things wisp-like.  It's the Wisp from the Mana series, the Plasma Wisp from the Kirby series, even the Wisp unit from Warcraft III.  Not to mention it also can be the wisp from just folklore in general.

Wisp has many forms, even in just this one character.  (So don't worry, you can distinguish who's who in a Wisp ditto.)  They only affect appearance, but they're each still very distinct:

Pretty sweet.  Each form corresponds to a taunt.  To access Ice, you must face left and side taunt.  To access Fire, face right and side taunt.  Light and Dark are up and down.

Much, much more information (and pics!) here:
    http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245842

(Hope it's cool to post the same thread in two places <.< )
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:13:04 PM by Eldiran » Logged

Jose Gallardo
    Expert Kitten

Nintendo Bros Admin.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:16:42 AM »

How about
    So what is Wisp, exactly?  Well, (s)he's a conglomerate of all things wisp-like.  It's the Wisp from the Mana series, the Plasma Wisp from the Kirby series, even the Wisp unit from Warcraft III.  Not to mention it also can be the wisp from just folklore in general.

How about Wisp Wondertomb? Does that count? xD

I saw (replied) this on GSCentral. Nice.

- There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:55 AM »

This is amazing.

*also saw this on smashboards*

Gaddswell
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:57:35 AM »

Whoa, whoa, this is really something. You even managed to make a unique recovery move and final smash!

I gotta say, this is BY FAR the most unique thing to come from PSA yet! Definitely interested in where this goes.

Gazoinks
    Th-the cake, it's a lie!
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:19:21 AM »

As said. this is definitely the most interesting thing to come from PSA so far.  Definitely download, looks amazing.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »

I tested it, and I approve : this is by far the best moveset hack here. Love the effects, love the Final Smash, and totally admire the Specials.

I got two character freezes, however. One was when I used a fully charged Side-B for the first time, the other ones where after using a FS while being already fully charged. I couldn't reproduce them, however. :-/
    And one game freeze when earthquaking every block in Green Greens. Couldn't reproduce as well ...

This really is an epic character, and plays nothing like Jigglypuff. Only the aerial movement is alike.

Oh, and you forgot to describe the dash attack on Smashboards. ^^

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Codec01
    Advanced Kitten

Zako Red PSA no hito from 2ch

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »

I never believed in god and those religious stuff but I do now. BECAUSE YOU ARE THE GOD!
    I was just totally amazed by your awesome character!  You know, this is EPIC WIN.
    I thought Wisp's final smash would freeze the game with that annoying beep sound, but it actually froze my mind Cheesy This is the most awesome thing I saw in my life XD
    Keep up your great work and I will be keeping my eyes on it constantly Grin

If you do something wrong, let's call it verison 1.0.

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »

Awesome job man, the most original thing with PSA so far.

That being said something like this is the only really original thing you can do with psa so far. You won't be seeing everyone throwing out completly new characters free from the base character's animations. Cause the only was this is possible is by entirley removing the character through invisibility and make one up of GFX.

This post is by no means supposed to downtalk your work, I completly admire the great effort you put into this character and it is likely the best moveset hack so far. I just don't want people going around calling other people's movesets 'meh' cause it isn't as original as yours, cause if you don't want to go the route of removing the character an turning it into a GFX you'll always be bound to the animations you have.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »

Dragonrage > Personnaly, why I think this moveset is epic is not only because of the different look, but mostly because Every Move has been given a new feeling. Even Specials, grabs, and the freakin' Final Smash !!
    And don't start me on the little asides like the no-objects, the switchable colors, the distant grab and the way to charge its Side-B.

We could easily call this the only true complete moveset hack, being complete, original, and more importantly Studied to be balanced.

Even if it had been titled "Magic Jigglypuff" or something, with a visible Jiggs, it would have been praised about as much, I believe.
    Of course the graphics helped too. But they don't make the moveset. Wink
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:55:05 AM by Miacis » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »

Personnaly, why I think this moveset is epic is not only because of the different look, but mostly because Every Move has been given a new feeling. Even Specials, grabs, and the freakin' Final Smash !!

This is exactly what I was talking about, the only way to give every move a completly different feel is what he did.

You won't be able to do something like that with a normal character unless you go the 'elemental' route which many people complain about being unoriginal. ('uhhh another [insert element here] character. do something original!!!11')

Let's make an example, you want to give a character completely different aerials, what can you do? Exactly, you have to either use his given aerials or look for other animations or simply add gfx and make it an elemental attack (but people don't like this anymore so that's a no-no)
    And there's the problem other aerial animations (that won't look retarted) are extremly limited. You have a few stuff like airdodge or itemthrows and when you're lucky fitting FS and specials animations. (I got lucky with my Ike since the first hit animation of his aerial FS is perfect for a multihit aerial)

My point is unless we get animation-/modelhacking or PSA will be able to change animation speed the only truly original stuff that isn't elemental/gfx stuff will be specials and FS cause that's the only stuff we have free control over.

EDIT: Another example to show the limitations of SA: I wanted to make a Link moveset where the neutral B would switch between two fighting styles. First would be Thunder Saber were most attacks were quick moves with low damage and knockback and mostly have short range with some execeptions. The second style would be Flame Sabre where moves were more powerful but usually slow with decent knockback and good range.

I had to drop the whole thing cause SA cannot modify animation speed. Every attack besides specials would just have different stats, so Thunder Fsmash would as fast as Flame Fsmash. That's one of the reason why I'm shifting my focus back to machinimation, movesthacking is fun but right now there too many limitations to create something original aside from using pretty gfx (which is what I'm doing for my machinima who cares about functionality as long as the move looks awesome xD)
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:24:57 AM by Dragonrage » Logged

Eldiran
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:36:18 AM »

How about Wisp Wondertomb? Does that count? xD

I saw (replied) this on GSCentral. Nice.

Spiritomb, sure.  Wondertomb... that can be Wisp when he gets a Starman Tongue

I tested it, and I approve : this is by far the best moveset hack here. Love the effects, love the Final Smash, and totally admire the Specials.

I got two character freezes, however. One was when I used a fully charged Side-B for the first time, the other ones where after using a FS while being already fully charged. I couldn't reproduce them, however. :-/
    And one game freeze when earthquaking every block in Green Greens. Couldn't reproduce as well ...

This really is an epic character, and plays nothing like Jigglypuff. Only the aerial movement is alike.

Oh, and you forgot to describe the dash attack on Smashboards. ^^

Thank you!  The character freezes are dismaying however.  Someone else also mentioned a freeze with Side+B, but I haven't been able to experience it.  I haven't been able to replicate any of the other crashes, either. 8/  I have a sneaking suspicion though, that I used too many subroutine calls.  If someone with more arms than me could have multiple Wisps earthquaking simultaneously...?

I totally did forget the Dash Attack.  I always forget that one.

I never believed in god and those religious stuff but I do now. BECAUSE YOU ARE THE GOD!
    I was just totally amazed by your awesome character!  You know, this is EPIC WIN.
    I thought Wisp's final smash would freeze the game with that annoying beep sound, but it actually froze my mind Cheesy This is the most awesome thing I saw in my life XD
    Keep up your great work and I will be keeping my eyes on it constantly Grin

Thanks!  His final smash shouldn't be making beeps... just thundery lightning noises. :/  Let me know if it happens again!

@Dragonrage:  Don't worry, I totally understand what you're saying.  The fact that Wisp can be almost 100% original is why I was so excited to release it Cheesy  I hope the balanced moveset helps too though.

Kevinrus778
    Mega Kitten

Monkey Elite!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »

That's...AMAZING.

I was wanting to make something similar, but I never could because I couldn't manage to get any graphic effects to stay on a character throughout the whole match -_-

If you don't mind, I think I'm going to check out how you did that, lol. (You covered up Jigglypuff's usual form VERY nicely btw)

If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »

... I think most of your pictures died, on your smashboars topic ... :-/

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »

This is great.  I was just playing as him/her.  Nice job.

Eldiran
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »

... I think most of your pictures died, on your smashboars topic ... :-/

Yeah, apparently ImageShack doesn't allow too much access to pictures in any given hour.  To my understanding they should be back the next hour.

Or maybe ImageShack just sucks.

Thanks Kevin, NOaH!

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: