Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14
Author Topic: Thinking outside the (Brawl)Box, a message to KCMM hackers  (Read 53475 times)
JBG
Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »

Wow. Got some good feeback here.

Yeah, I'm notiing that. It really ticks me off. People will gladly just half ass a shadow for a quick 500 downloads, just to make themselves look good.

I really just hack for fun, as should most people. I find it to be an entertaining hobby, like drawing. Except, it's more time consuming, it's in 3D, and you can watch your drawings fight.

Either way, I suppose it really boils down to the desire for downloads. People haven't thought of the triple rainbow stage or chineese ness because they're more concerned with thinking "Okay, how can I make the last shadow this much better?

Also, Sonic fan characters? Please, keep them to yourselves. You don't know how many hacks I have on my computer and Wii that I haven't released.

dark sonic 19
    Supreme Kitten

Luigi Time!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 03:35:58 AM »

I approve to this blackboo

1 to many shadows on the vault  -_-

2 sonic fan characters most die in a pit of fire!

3 no one is thinking out side the box anymore

4 makeing hack is fun

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:22 AM »

You make a very good point black boo.. But I guess creativity is hard to come by now a days.. People just need to be more original and try new things.. There's a handful of characters that havnt been touched and others that really could use a revamp of some sort.. Well that's my opinion..

FC:4898-8419-2778

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 06:43:34 AM »

To tell you the truth, i made many Shadow hacks, not for downloads, but for the pride of saying "Hey, I can beat that." I know its pretty much based on envy, but you do the thing you do to be the best out of all the Shadow personas.

Like the first line in the Pokemon theme song.

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »

You know, for being perfectly honest, I don't really like to see somebody else work on a better version of what I myself consider my greatest work. not impressed

And aside from that I can agree with most of your points... except for the anime hacks. They're about as "repulsive" as most other game character, recolors, or other kinds of characters.
    Take my most recent hack for example, Yami Marik Melvin. He is mainly a major villain from Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I didn't make him because of that. No, I made him because of his incarnation from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Cancelled series, which is by far the best internet parody of anything.

Anyway. I just counted all the Shadow hacks on BV, not counting half-assed ports. In total we got 62. And most of them are nothing but half-assed edits of previous version which all got a ridicilous amount of downloads.
    Some time ago, I also counted the Sonic fan characters, but I already forgot the number. But I do remember that it was depressingly high.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:40:17 AM by Yami no Vaati » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »

I just find it funny that a Shadow recolor pack got released last night, and another one today.

Oh the f*cking irony.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:28:25 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »

I just find it funny that a Shadow recolor pack got released last night, and another one today.

Oh the f*cking irony.

I think it's just because Wave released it twice, since he had two versions.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »

Shadow eh....

*whistles and walks away*

.....What?

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

Shadow eh....

*whistles and walks away*

.....What?
    I LOL'd XD.... Your an exception bro Tongue..

FC:4898-8419-2778

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 06:41:14 PM »

I approve to this blackboo

1 to many shadows on the vault  -_-

2 sonic fan characters most die in a pit of fire!

3 no one is thinking out side the box anymore

4 makeing hack is fun
    1. Yes. We should delete the textures that were around when vertex hacks weren't possible.
    2. Agree.
    3. Yes, ideas are running low.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »

1. Do be aware that there are textures that are original that were made when vertexes weren't possible(I.E. Jock Kong/MGS3 Sneaking Suit Snake) and that there are textures that are good that Don't have modded vertexes like MetaVader, MGS4 Snake, and Agent Kong.

3.They will continue to run low until we learn more about certain things, such as how stage hazards and such are coded.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:54:56 PM by EternalYoshi » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

There is only one thing I can say.

It's easier to do something that has been done before than something that hasn't. Cause it's easier to get and make the materials for them. That's why there is a lack of originality.

It is also because almost every damn thing you can thing isn't always possible with hacking vertices and stuff. Like with my idea to make Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn on Zelda, I wanted to use the two braids on the front of her head and move them to the back in place of Zelda's hair, then I came up with a way to  make the two braids separate by using Zelda's long mane of hair and one braid...-but found it would have the same problem as the first method.

Not only that, I would have to make it one-slot, which would take a very long time unless I worked for days on end without rest.

That, and not everyone has the time or patience to learn how to do the various methods of hacking that are available. It may be lazy, but that's the currently reality, no?

As for Fan Characters...

My character Velen is basically Shadow's body with two pygmy spines (I.E Really short, curved spines), two large, stark-straight spines, and two smaller, axillary spines between the first central spine, and both of the two large ones on the side of the head mentioned before, and three spines going down the center instead of two. he has only one, jagged, golden yellow stripe down the first central spine with three locks of hair on the front of his head that are the same color. His main body color is turquoise and his eyes are Cerulean Blue.

He wears purple boots with notched buckling devices like you see on some brands of rollerblades, and wears blue, fingerless gloves with padded, metal knuckles similar to brass knuckles, with a gunmetal grey strip of cloth on the back of both hands, the one on his left hand baring his family's crest. He wears two blue rings on reach wrist (which are similar to Shadow's on his gloves, it's a tribal thing.) and one around his ankles on his boots.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:55:16 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »

You know, for being perfectly honest, I don't really like to see somebody else work on a better version of what I myself consider my greatest work. not impressed

And aside from that I can agree with most of your points... except for the anime hacks. They're about as "repulsive" as most other game character, recolors, or other kinds of characters.
    Take my most recent hack for example, Yami Marik Melvin. He is mainly a major villain from Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I didn't make him because of that. No, I made him because of his incarnation from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Cancelled series, which is by far the best internet parody of anything.

Anyway. I just counted all the Shadow hacks on BV, not counting half-assed ports. In total we got 62. And most of them are nothing but half-assed edits of previous version which all got a ridicilous amount of downloads.
    Some time ago, I also counted the Sonic fan characters, but I already forgot the number. But I do remember that it was depressingly high.

Nothin personal about the first point, mate. I've actually had that hack in the works since that new vertexing method came out.

And again, I'm not saying all anime hacks are bad, I'm just saying that many of them are poorly executed.

62? Really? ...[censored], I was way under in my estimation. That's depressing.

To tell you the truth, i made many Shadow hacks, not for downloads, but for the pride of saying "Hey, I can beat that." I know its pretty much based on envy, but you do the thing you do to be the best out of all the Shadow personas.

To be quite honest, that's why I continued my Toon Zelda, Nayru, and Din hacks. Because I thought "Y'know, there's a chance that I can do better, and improve upon it." That's the exact and precise reason why I finished my Metal Sonic.

Kind of ironic that I'm replying that to YOUR quote.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:15:33 PM by Black Boo » Logged

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 02:51:28 AM »

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention in my last post... this entire stupidity with multiple versions of one and the same character has, as you might remember, already caused me to do make parody hacks... I should really continue with these.

Nothin personal about the first point, mate. I've actually had that hack in the works since that new vertexing method came out.

Hm. Well, even so, I kinda doubt that you can really improve that much over mine. I mean, I did use the actual TP model as reference and all...

What, you mean this?

"I wish to become the unquestionable champion
    Unlike any gentlemen who ever had the pleasure to exist.
    To encapsulate thine is my true task,
    To discipline thine is my enterprise."

That was pointless...

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 03:29:51 AM »

Hm. Well, even so, I kinda doubt that you can really improve that much over mine. I mean, I did use the actual TP model as reference and all...

If I recall, you only edited the hair. Black Boo is vertexing Zelda's whole model-- I'd say that's a good enough improvement to an already epic hack.

Especially the face, it needed some vertexing.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: